Scotland Commonwealth Games 2022 - Team selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland Commonwealth Games 2022 - Team selection

As Marra mentioned on another thread Scotland have 'pre selected' some athletes for 2022 Commonwealths, Laura Muir, Josh Kerr, Jake Wightman, Eilish McColgan, Jemma Reekie and Andy Butchart. An impressive lineup ...

https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/68570-2/

Never one to miss a chance to talk about relays... Scotland could put together quite an interesting women's 4x400, injuries and illness aside, Yeargin and Clark are sure to be joined by Dobbin, but the fourth component is still open, Carys McAulay is on the up, or might Reekie/Muir fancy it? I was impressed by one of the young u17 800 girls in a Loughborough long relay, but this event might come too soon, so what about Georgina Adam making progress at 200, or, could Lyndsey Sharp return with postpartum vigour...

Anyway, thoguht it useful to have a thread as the team builds.
    Last edited by carterhatch; 06-10-21, 09:40.

Although both Muir and Reekie have now run quicker than Sharp at 800, I still think the latter would be faster over 400m if she gets back near her best again.

Comment

I’d like to see Reekie run a few 400s in general, of course she comes from a 8/15 background but there is a trend developing in women’s 800 of having good 400 pace, Mu, Hodgkinson, Rogers and Almanza are 4/8 types. Little sign of Mcaslan of late, she ran a fair number of relay legs for Scotland and GB a few years ago, her last race was in 2019 according to Pof10

Comment

Working...
      X