No announcement yet.

Athletes of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am voting for Crouser - largely for the reasons Ursus outlined above. I absolutely do not wish to take anything away from Warholm , who was brilliant : but it had already occurred to me , even watching the Olympics , that the advances in preparing the track (quoted by the designer as having "a trampoline effect" ) would be likely to assist the 400 hurdlers in particular. Perhaps the fact that both men and women had outstanding results owed something to this - as well , of course , as the fact that both events also had more than one great athletes at the top of their game...

As I say , doesn't diminish Warholm's - or McLaughlin's - performance in the least. But I think Crouser's dominance , with no assistance from new technology , trumps it . For me , at least.

As for the women I have to side with ETH . Two distances ; two outstanding efforts. And she had some decent competition too. (as with the men , the others would be worthy choices ; but she is mine)

GB women has to be Keely , I think. With a nod to Muir (and Bradshaw perhaps ?) , her efforts in three areas makes her a clear choice.

Male GB ? Almost a "pass" ! But yes , Kerr did what no one else could do and won a medal in a very competitive event so has to be him. Guess all honours are not exactly equal...

Comment

At the other end of the scale who would your biggest disappointments be?

Vetter clearly for me.Totally bizarre season. I don’t like to use the word ‘choked’ but it’s either that or injured.

In a stiff British men’s field, Okoye.

Disappointed in Ujah. Disappointed for Dasher.

Comment

The biomechanic perfection of watching ETH run, takes my breath away, whereas Rojas is at the other end of the spectrum. I can see Crouser throwing further, I can't see Warholm improving that time, Benjamin maybe. For GB male athlete of the year I'd endorse Philipo's Prescod nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post
        I’m just going to give it to Crouser on the grounds that 0% of his achievements can be explained by new technology. Can’t be said for anyone else.
        My thoughts exactly. As for the Brits, it surely has to be Kerr and Keely, no?

Comment

Originally posted by CAML View Post
          The biomechanic perfection of watching ETH run, takes my breath away, whereas Rojas is at the other end of the spectrum. I can see Crouser throwing further, I can't see Warholm improving that time, Benjamin maybe. For GB male athlete of the year I'd endorse Philipo's Prescod nomination.
          Rojas is the polar opposite to the skimming stone Edwards. As impressive as she’s been (very) every time I watch her I just think what the hell is she going to do when she gets it right…..

Comment

ETH for the reasons Sovietvest gave. Warholm's the one that astonished me.

Nox Vidmate VLC
            Last edited by wilbeerickson; 13-10-21, 12:16.

Comment

ETH and Warholm. Love Rojas but that technique is no technique. ETH is poetry in motion and to do what she did in two events with the stiffest competition from her home nation, she tops it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveSprints1 View Post
                ETH and Warholm. Love Rojas but that technique is no technique. ETH is poetry in motion and to do what she did in two events with the stiffest competition from her home nation, she tops it for me.
                ETH and Warholm for me. After all ETH ran a genuine WR in the 100m for me, not that nonsense of the 10.49 secs with zero wind.

Comment

Working...
                X