Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I think one of my aunties is turning 83 this week, so a little old to run a sub 2 800. (She was, in fact, quite a talented athlete in her teens).

• hemlock
    commented on 's reply
    Are you guys' aunties rubbish then? My aunties are the pillars that hold up the heavens and the earth. There is no finer accolade.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    It really makes me cringe for some reason! I can't explain why, just feels a bit odd and patronising?

• Sprintfan
    replied
    I'm sure she'll not thank you for that moniker!!

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Gosh, watching the 400 m event back in the 2000's into the early 2010's has been seriously tainted, what with virtually *ever* Russian runner of the event being involved in the huge drugs scandal that was to blow up not long afterwards. I even had a soft spot for Krivoshapka after her various near-misses in major championships before she finally one a medal at the 2013 Worlds... only for the truth behind her performances to come out. What a waste.
    Remember scanning the Russian Championships results every year? There was always bonkers times and depth in the Women's 400, 800 and 1500 and often not a huge amount else!

All hail Aunty Keely!!

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    One good thing about the AK nickname is that we haven't had an AK49 (or AK-anything) in athletics since Antonina Krivoshapka disgraced the name. (Cheating her way to 49.16)
    but it was always a cool nickname. I guess Keely is AK52 for now... for now.
    Gosh, watching the 400 m event back in the 2000's into the early 2010's has been seriously tainted, what with virtually *ever* Russian runner of the event being involved in the huge drugs scandal that was to blow up not long afterwards. I even had a soft spot for Krivoshapka after her various near-misses in major championships before she finally one a medal at the 2013 Worlds... only for the truth behind her performances to come out. What a waste.

Meanwhile, "Aunty Keely" is on a much more successful, and clean, future.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    started a topic Auntie Keely -- Diamond League Champion

Auntie Keely -- Diamond League Champion

One good thing about the AK nickname is that we haven't had an AK49 (or AK-anything) in athletics since Antonina Krivoshapka disgraced the name. (Cheating her way to 49.16)
    but it was always a cool nickname. I guess Keely is AK52 for now... for now.

Working...
X