Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lausanne DL 26th August - What time will Karsten Warholm run in the flat 400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treadwater1
    replied
    Warholm is human after all

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ladyloz View Post
    But of an anti-climax.
    The whole meeting tonight replicated what took place for many athletes in Eugene, and I consider we will see the same poorer times and distances for the remaining DL meets.
    Running around for sponsors and DL points cannot make up for athletes who have largely, with few exceptions, become tired and unmotivated across the board.
    Some of tonight's athletes at Lausanne clearlydo not have the same level of strength after the OlympicGames, not just Warholm , DuPlantis,and Muhammad, but many others, including Reekie and Jodie Williams, running over 52 seconds, are plainly knackered, physically and mentally.
    Even the attempts to rabbit them around failed to provide much joy.
    A great exception was Fraser Pryce who was absolutely motivated to beat Thompson Herah but thats a 100m.
    Nice PB by Neita, a useful following wind helps.
    What will happen, next year after the World Champs in Eugene. when all the elite will expect to be at the top of their game will be numerous athletes competing In Birminghan after returning from the WC and the same fatigue etc will be evident.
    For me even the European Champs will exhibit the same underperformances but those that don't go to the World Champs or have points to prove may well excel
    Last edited by philipo; 26-08-21, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Most athletes still suffering from post-Olympics flagging.

Apart from SAFP. ETH didn't look best pleased.

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    replied
    But of an anti-climax.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Well, Warholm not what I was expecting!

In the interview with him they said it was windy and he said he didn't have it in his legs today.

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    No-one guessed 45.51....

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    replied
    Thomas Randolph wins the 800 'B' race very convincingly in 1.47.52, rest all outside 1.48, including Charlie Grice. Confirms his run in Finland was no fluke.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    No, the pre-program from 6.30pm is on RTS Deux (also a Swiss channel) - already linked in the Live Streaming Links document.

SRF are only showing it from 7pm as well.

• treadwater1
    replied
    The pre-program will be on SRF which is a Swiss channel, rather than German

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    treadwater1 , it seems you can no longer search on Twitter without being logged in? (I'm not a member).

Anyway, Sky Deutschland broadcast the DL but their Lausanne broadcast is only starting at 7pm UK time as well.

Although the free Hola browser extension/add-on only works for an hour at a time now, it would be an option for that half hour for anyone who doesn't have a "proper" VPN.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Warholm could run sub 20 as well, if not 20.0. He is lethal out of the blocks

• treadwater1
    commented on 's reply
    The word on Twitter was that the German broadcaster would be showing some of the pre-program

• Christy93
    commented on 's reply
    I think Warholm would be closer to Benjamin over 200 than people seem to think. He went through 200 in 21.3 indoors a couple of years ago, and has put up some incredible 200 splits en route to 400h clockings. He has proper gears imo.

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. The Tokyo track is also quick, so I knock a few tenths down for that

• CAML
    replied
    If Warholm and Benjamin raced over 400 metres my money would be on Benjamin, who with his sub 20, 200 meters time has far more speed than Warholm. I think Warholm is the most efficient 400 meters hurdler in history, who has got the differential down to 1.5 seconds. He'll run a pb, but I'll be even more shocked than Tokyo if he runs a 43.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X