Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lausanne DL 26th August - What time will Karsten Warholm run in the flat 400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
    I see the Warholm race starts just before the broadcast window, another example of athletics not helping itself. I’ll go for 44.10.
    I know that WA are precious about their 2 hour max TV window but surely they realise there's fans who want to see the "pre-program" at DL meetings? Would it really hurt WA or the DL to just provide a YouTube stream of that?

Anyway, see the Live Streaming Links thread in half an hour or so for how anyone with a VPN can watch Warholm's race and the W 200 & W 800 that precede it. Unfortunately, I can't find an unofficial stream that works for that TV channel.

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    Definitely capable of sub 44, but lots of variables as others have said. He’s clearly been in the shape of his life and I have a sneaky suspicion that a fast flat will have been one of his objectives. Just a couple of performances to think about:

His 44.87 NR dates back to 2017. His 400H SB was 48.22 set a couple of weeks after the World Champs.

At the 2020 Stockholm DL he managed a 45.05 an hour and a half after a 46.87 DL and National Record.

Benjamin’s best set a couple of years ago is 44.31.

I’m going for 43.99.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
    I see the Warholm race starts just before the broadcast window, another example of athletics not helping itself. I’ll go for 44.10.
    ruddy annoying.!

Leave a comment:

• Sovietvest
    replied
    Best comparator I can think of was Harald Schmid, who ran 44.92 in 1979, when he was a 47.85 hurdler - nearly a 3 second differential. I think Warholm was no slower than 43.5 runner in Tokyo, so allowing for a slower track and him being post his season peak, I think he runs 43.9x.

Leave a comment:

• Laps
    replied
    Outside 44.0 for me.
    It is expecting too much for him to produce another massive performance when there is nothing at stake.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jogger
    The only real question to me here is if he has recovered from his Tokyo antics, and given the sprinters' performances as a whole in Eugene, I think by in large they have.

On that basis, I'm going with 43.87, though a part of me what he could have done a few weeks ago, in Tokyo, though some champions in the sprints again have run quicker than in Tokyo, so he may run quicker than he would have done.
    even if his differential is only 2 seconds that could indicate 43.91. i think mid 43 60 is not impossible if the wind holds off and it is Lausanne!!

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    replied
    I think the European Record will definitely go (incredible how it's lasted so long) but I think he'll run just outside 44 seconds. I'll go 44.07.

Leave a comment:

• Lausanne DL 26th August - What time will Karsten Warholm run in the flat 400?

Even though it's not a particularly strong field (a non-DL race), that doesn't seem to affect him in the hurdles very much. I think he's taking down Schoenlebe's 44.33 European Record for sure and I don't think it'll even be close.

The BBC weather for Lausanne says at 8pm (just a few minutes after he'll race) that it'll be 19 degrees C, with a 4mph wind and 1% chance of rain.

I'll say 43.74 WL !
Working...
X