London Marathon Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Marathon Predictions

You may have seen the list the other day. I think the top 3 women finishers are a given, but who do you think may be next two? Men is wide open, who is your top two.
    My choices are Evans Chebet and Legese. I believe ladies 4 and 5 may be Ashete Bekere and Tigist Girma.

Which place in the top ten will the first British men and women finish?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiestatman View Post
      Which place in the top ten will the first British men and women finish?
      Given that the East African men in the field only number 9 and the next fastest "foreigner" is Tristan Woodfine (2:10:51), maybe Jonny Mellor has a shot at sneaking into the top 10.

In the women's I can't see anyone except Charlotte Purdue achieving the same.

Who are your top 3 "certs" in the women's race? After Kosgei there's a lot of closely matched women there. In the Berlin Half Marathon yesterday, Joyceline Jepkosgei won in 65:16 and Valary Jemeli Aiyabei was 3rd in 67:32.

I'd find it impossible to pick a top 3 from the men's field - very competitive!

Comment

Top 3 straight from my current rankings: Kosgei, Jepkosgei, and Dereje

Comment

You may have seen the list the other day. I think the top 3 women finishers are a given, but who do you think may be next two? Men is wide open, who is your top two.
          My choices are Evans Chebet and Legese. I believe ladies 4 and 5 may be Ashete Bekere and Tigist Girma.
          Who do you think will fill places 3 and 4 among the men?

Comment

Who do you think will fill places 3 and 4 among the men?
            I have Kitata and Geremew

Comment

Top 3 straight from my current rankings: Kosgei, Jepkosgei, and Dereje
              Salpeter now in the media guide. I would have her next [4th]

Comment

I read in an article that Chebet says the best way to beat Legese is to ‘drop him early’. Do you think he is talking about before 30k?

Comment

I’m going for a Kenyan 1-2, Ekiru and long shot Kipchumba (I had money on him last year when he lost by a second).

Kitata is carrying a hamstring injury.

I’l pick Jepkosgei over Kosgei in the women’s race by virtue of not having run in Sapporo.

Comment

Yes. Good run from Jepkosgei.

And also not bad from the baby-faced assassin. Its been a while since there has been enough heat around Charlotte's performances to roll out the old nickname, but this will do. :-)

Comment

Great debut for Phil Seseman and a very mature run from Josh Griffiths who managed his pace really well. Also impressed by Matt Leach, 3rd Brit in 9th place.

Comment

• trickstat
                        trickstat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Matt Leach is local to me and I understand he was aiming for a time for the Commonwealth Games. He didn't manage that 2:14:00 but I wonder if he might have one more go.

Matt's Dad Andrew is a really good runner for his age and they hold the world's best time for a father and son in the same half marathon.

Great performances by both Purdue and Sesemann.

Comment

Really pleased by Phil Seseman and good that he had the confidence to go for a World Champs qualifier in his first marathon. He seemed to be in good form, reportedly burning off Kipchoge in training! Reminded me of another Leeds athlete - Peter Whitehead who, in the 1990s (I think), unexpectedly qualified for the World Champs (even his club mates were shocked) and then finished 4th. Hopefully his result will encourage more quality club athletes to give the marathon a go.

Comment

Working...
                        X