The big funding debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big funding debate

Who gets funding is due for review shortly, with decisions due on c.18 October. Some interesting reading from the UKA website: World-Class-Programme-Selection-Policy-Olympic-2021-2022.pdf (uka.org.uk)

Currently funded:

Olympic Podium (16)
    Dina Asher-Smith
    Tom Bosworth
    Holly Bradshaw
    Mo Farah
    Adam Gemili
    Callum Hawkins
    Sophie Hitchon
    Zharnel Hughes
    Abigail Irozuru
    Katarina Johnson-Thompson
    Nick Miller
    Laura Muir
    Reece Prescod
    Lynsey Sharp
    Lorraine Ugen
    Jake Wightman

Olympic Podium Potential (29)
    Andrew Butchart
    Taylor Campbell
    Melissa Courtney
    Tim Duckworth
    Niamh Emerson
    Tom Gale
    Elliot Giles
    Neil Gourley
    Charlie Da’Vall Grice
    Dewi Griffiths
    Josh Kerr
    Morgan Lake
    Kyle Langford
    Chris McAlister
    Eilish McColgan
    Sarah McDonald
    Sophie McKinna
    Naomi Ogbeta
    Shelayna Oskan-Clarke
    Andrew Pozzi
    Aimee Pratt
    Charlotte Purdue
    Jemma Reekie
    Daniel Rowden
    Jazmin Sawyers
    Steph Twell
    Jamie Webb
    Laura Weightman
    Callum Wilkinson
    Ben Williams

Olympic Relays (23)
    Amy Allcock
    Kristal Awuah
    Cameron Chalmers
    Zoey Clark
    Emily Diamond
    Beth Dobbin
    Eilidh Doyle
    Miguel Francis
    Matthew Hudson-Smith
    Richard Kilty
    Imani-Lara Lansiquot
    Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake
    Daryll Neita
    Ashleigh Nelson
    Laviai Nielsen
    Asha Philip
    Martyn Rooney
    Danny Talbot
    Jessica Turner
    CJ Ujah
    Jodie Williams
    Bianca Williams
    Rabah Yousif

Thoughts?

Without considering the minimum performances given in the document above, I would amend that list as folllows:

Olympic Podium (16)
    Dina Asher-Smith - keep
    Tom Bosworth - ?
    Holly Bradshaw - keep
    Mo Farah - drop
    Adam Gemili – keep, but poss down to relay
    Callum Hawkins - ?
    Sophie Hitchon – retired, so obviously drop
    Zharnel Hughes - keep
    Abigail Irozuru - keep
    Katarina Johnson-Thompson - keep
    Nick Miller - keep
    Laura Muir - keep
    Reece Prescod – keep but on a last chance, poss move down to potential
    Lynsey Sharp – drop if we can, I understand maternity allows for an enforced extension but really can’t see her getting back to compete at national level now
    Lorraine Ugen - ? Has jumped over 6.90 this year, but was awful when it counted.
    Jake Wightman – keep

Andrew Butchart – keep? With warning for stupidity
    Taylor Campbell - keep
    Melissa Courtney - keep
    Tim Duckworth – keep
    Niamh Emerson - keep
    Tom Gale - keep
    Elliot Giles - keep
    Neil Gourley - drop
    Charlie Da’Vall Grice - keep
    Dewi Griffiths - drop
    Josh Kerr - move up to podium
    Morgan Lake – keep but perhaps on last chance saloon

Kyle Langford – drop?
    Chris McAlister – keep?
    Eilish McColgan - keep
    Sarah McDonald – drop?
    Sophie McKinna - keep
    Naomi Ogbeta - keep
    Shelayna Oskan-Clarke - drop
    Andrew Pozzi - keep
    Aimee Pratt - keep?
    Charlotte Purdue – really not sure, keep?
    Jemma Reekie – move up to podium
    Daniel Rowden - keep
    Jazmin Sawyers - keep
    Steph Twell – drop
    Jamie Webb - keep
    Laura Weightman - keep
    Callum Wilkinson - keep?
    Ben Williams – drop

Olympic Relays (23)
    Amy Allcock - drop
    Kristal Awuah - keep
    Cameron Chalmers - keep
    Zoey Clark - keep
    Emily Diamond - keep
    Beth Dobbin - keep
    Eilidh Doyle – retired so drop
    Miguel Francis - drop
    Matthew Hudson-Smith – maybe drop? Keep only if closer order is taken of his coaching arrangements
    Richard Kilty - keep
    Imani-Lara Lansiquot - keep
    Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake - keep
    Daryll Neita – keep, move to individual potential
    Ashleigh Nelson – drop?
    Laviai Nielsen – keep
    Asha Philip - keep
    Martyn Rooney - DROP
    Danny Talbot - drop
    Jessica Turner - keep
    CJ Ujah – keep, maybe move to individual potential
    Jodie Williams – move to individual potential
    Bianca Williams - drop
    Rabah Yousif - DROP

Not currently funded but add:

Keely Hodgkinson, podium

Oliver Dustin, potential
    Alex Bell, potential
    Lizzie Bird, potential
    Jake Heyward, potential
    Holly Mills, potential
    Nicole Yeargin, relay (potential status not allowed for 100-400m runners)
    Emily Borthwick, potential
    Max Burgin, potential
    Harry Coppell, potential
    Lawrence Okoye, potential
    Jessie Knight, potential/relay
    Hannah Williams, relay
    Lina Nielsen, poss relay?

Comment

Occasional Hope Sprinters cannot be on potential if the relays are funded. Only podium or relay.

If I was in charge though my 1st thing would be to defund the Men's 4x4. Seems an easy decision. Unlike 4x1 baton changing is less important in comparison to foot speed and funding a bunch of 46 seconds runners isn't value for money. Message = we'll come back to the table when a few of you are running close to 45 seconds at least. Maybe 1 or 2 individuals like Charlie Dobson can then go on potential funding and like of Ed Faulds will surely be on futures funding.

They do take injuries into account so am sure Gemili and Hawkins will be retained given their previous performances on global stage also.

Obviously no Hitchon or Farah and almost certainly no Ugen either. I'd move Prescod to relay funding = keeps him involved and a clever way of getting him to commit to relay practice and comps. If he doesn't wish to do this then tough. I'll leave those who follow walks to discuss merits of Bosworth.

I'd move Hodgkinson, Kerr, Reekie and Jodie Williams up to Podium.

Can't be bothered to go through the whole relay and Potential lists but a quick glance suggests a handful can be dropped from relay (in addition to men's 4x4) and about 8-10 from potential which should free up some spaces for others to be added.
      Last edited by Ladyloz; 08-08-21, 23:49.

Comment

a couple of thoughts ...

the current list has a total of 68 athletes, my point being it is very much finite, and something like Occasional Hopes additions, a perfectly reasonable list, would suggest that a dozen or so athletes will be removed. Retirement accounts for a small handful but there will be a few difficult conversations.

Given such a revised list for next years very busy season, there is a lot of talent there, and wouldn't it be great if this was converted into medals, but I would urge one or interventions.

Prescod is just not reliable enough to be involved in the relay squad, and giving him such funding would be a distraction. If he is to have one more year's 'potential' funding, Malcom, if anyone, must understand the challanges of realising sprint potential, and thus should take him under his direct control, set a very robust plan for next year, and nurture what is, without doubt, a precocious talent.

Morgan Lake, if she is to receive funding, I urge that there is a proviso of a winter's training as if she were planning for multi events, with maybe a indoor season pentathlon to aim for, something different to revitilise her, as in my humble opinion, she never looks as if she is enjoying herself, and shouldnt that be a priority.

NMB - will probably have sleepless nights, bless him, but I do wonder if he has just reached his maximum in sprints, and that heis in fact a 400 runner. Po10 suggests he did one run a few years back, with 46 and bits. Those more knowledgeable on this forum have argued that to bea great 400 runner, you need a very good 200 ... just saying.

MHS - probably the epitome of a mercurial talent, that might never fully realise his potential. Malcolm again must take a direct lead with this young man and create a plan for the next 12 months, with close support, even bringing in Martyn Rooney as a day to day mentor (mhs seemed to respond very well to him) .

Max Burgin - young and injury prone, something is not quite right. What did they used to call Darren Anderton 'sick note', a label that is probably unacceptable in these more enlightened times, but, again, if on uK Athletics funding, it should come with a caveat for next year... no matter how fast he runs, he does not go to Worlds ... he does Commonwealths and/or age groups, no fast tracking with the pressure that comes with it. Let him work his way slowly to his potential, as we have enough strength in depth to not rush him.

Amy Hunt - I hope I am wrong, but I have watched athletics for long enough to know that some athletes peak young, and never achieve the potential we forum users want. It may be that the rigours of study, at such an illustrious university, has its own demands that to balance academia and world class athletics takes adjustments (not going to somewhere like Loughborough, suggests t ome a young women with great ambition beyond 200m). It can be done, I can’t imagine Laura Muir had much spare time, and to her I would turn to offer mentoring over the coming months. It might well be that Ms. Hunt only returns to world class times as an alumnus, or, this was as good as it gets.

The Neilsen twins have not had the best of years. Though why Laviai was not involved in the final of the 4x400 has yet to be explained to me. For Lina events did not go in her favour but in hindsight taking Beasley was no more than a last hurrah (though I have a great deal of time for the latter and her service to our sport, and someone who passes my Sawyers’ Maximisation Test). But we have seen how the USA pair are dominant in hurdles, and why, good technique sure, but blistering flat speed. Lina needs to continue to improve her technique, of course, but as part of relay funding, needs to keep improving her flat times. Laviai needs to make herself indispensible on leg 1 of the 4x400, our medal chance was lost there, providing, a dependable 50.mid, then no matter the vicissitudes of 400 flat with our depth, her name is always among the first for relay.

McColgan – a gifted runner, a marvellous national record this year, but no doubling-up in the Worlds next year, no matter how tempting on paper, and a binding clause in her funding contract to reinforce this.
        Last edited by carterhatch; 09-08-21, 09:00.

Comment

and a part 2 ...

Here is an idea – target 4x 800 at the world relays in 2023, (dropping the 4x400 men will free up funds), with the current depth in both men and women, this will throw a funding lifeline to one or two just outside podium/potential, and reward an event that has reached very exciting heights.

Where was Sarah Macdonald – was there an injury holding her back? I think it highly unfair if so that she gets dropped as her potential was clear for all to see. Things are getting very congested at 800/1500 with the talent we have (I suspect Reekie might look to the 1500), but with sensible planning there is enough competitions next year to keep most engaged. Don’t make the Worlds? Then give the likes of Macdonald a chance at Europeans – isn’t there 4 per nation?

Andrew Pozzi – Last time I mentioned him I got told, ‘Yes, but he is world indoor champion’ for which I salute him. However, he is not getting any younger and when was the last time he tried a flat 60/100 in competition? A long time ago... My point is, working on hurdle technique alone isn’t going to get him to very low 13, which he will need to medal. Maybe working on his flat speed with a couple of races might be the difference.

Men’s 4 x400 – special measures – I don’t know what the answer is here, but whatever we are currently doing is not working. No point in keeping Cameron Chalmers on ‘relay’ funding if, we don’t have anyone else. So a ring fenced group, of the young emerging cohort, brought together regularly for exchanging of best practice with leading coaches, mentoring from our former 400 ‘heros’ (an afternoon with Akabusi would make anyone feel positive), and warm weather training for ‘Project Sub 3’. Not full funding, but reward for milestones achieved.

There were only 2 medals won at Tokyo by the 16 Olympic Podium athletes. I hesitate to say a poor return without a barrage of ‘yes, but...’. Some had won medals previously, I grant you, but it shows how inexact this business is. 5 years ago, no one would have named Hodgkinson as a medal winner in Tokyo. This time the cycle is only 3 years, but I would bet that at least one female athlete will emerge from obscurity in that time, to be debated heatedly on this forum, and at least a handful of those on the next funding list won’t even get close to the plane to Paris.
          Last edited by carterhatch; 09-08-21, 09:49.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
            SprintRelayFan commented
            Editing a comment
            McDonald was injured - metatarsal - didn’t run for 9 weeks until 8th June

I wouldn’t waste money on Okoye. He’s probably earned a shed load from his American football efforts, poor as they were, about to turn 30 and will clearly never fulfil his potential.

Didn’t McKinna turn down funding?

We can have the annual debate about the purpose of funding and I’ll just get cross about relays. But it’s a poor system that doesn’t give encouragement to the likes of Scott Lincoln. He’ll never stand on the podium (and nor will the large majority of names listed), but he’s consistently improving and in 3 years time he could well be a finalist and be in British record territory.

I’m all ears to hear how the likes of McAlister or Duckworth are more deserving​​​​​​.

Comment

• LoveSprints1
            LoveSprints1 commented
            Editing a comment
            McKinna initially turned down funding and then during lockdown when she could no longer work, wisely reconsidered. Agree Scott Lincoln should be supported.

If I were in charge I would have a series of tiers of funding that were lower than the current ones (and still means tested), but with the proviso that they were able to stretch to cover more people and *everyone* on funding had access to medical services, physio, biomechanical analysis etc. with the aim of trying to ensure athletes were all well-conditioned and fit when it mattered.

Comment

I feel that the issue of who gets what needs to be looked at. A far deeper pool of athletes should be funded to avoid the Alex Bell scenario and get away from a two tier system of the haves and have-nots. Money needs to be freed up to allow this to happern. Currently we get £23 million. 100 athletes at £15K is £1.5 million x 4 years for an average cycle that's £6 million. I make that £17 million going elsewhere. Will there be some scandal somewhere down the line with officials lining their pockets or is the rest of the money being utilised in other ways. Also an extra Cache of funds needs to be set aside to fund athletes who emerge during the cycle. I also would prefer it if once you have achieved a certain standard - say olympic finalist you automatically qualify for funding rather than have to depend on someones opinion ( for example you are to old). I think Alex Bell is at the sharp end of this sort of thinking as she has stated that in her opinion she will never get funding whilst certain people remain in charge.

Also a stronger stance needs to be taken so that athletes like KJT and Adam only go when they are 100% fit. Yes they will be distressed to miss out but better for them in the long run. No idea if this is acheivable in practice but it always struck me that it was a big ask to go from a 6.10 long jump in a small local event to challenge for a global medal. Another opinion for which I got stick for on here (Called Crazy in fact by someone who eludes me, msterybrick perhaps?) in the lead up to the comps.

Also athletes should be prepared to compete more eg European Cup duties rather than just do the trials as a last ditch way of proving fitness. 3 to 4 commitments for each athlete throughout the season would avoid the Prescod fiasco.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
              Occasional Hope commented
              Editing a comment
              KJT's performance in Tokyo was actually quite encouraging until the new injury.

• Occasional Hope
              Editing a comment
              Selection and funding aren't necessarily the same debate. I do agree that it's generally unwise to compete while injured.

• Loop-guru
              Loop-guru commented
              Editing a comment
              KJT got injured because she put herself under too much stress too soon. Everything points to a six month recovery phase for a torn achiles. It was a heart over head decision. Clear guidance from British athletics such as must have completed a heptaphlon to a decent standard in 2021 would have decided the issue. She probably would'nt have achieved the standard but could then focus on next year without getting injured this year. British athletics were desperate for some reason to get all the big names to the games (look at Mo Farah) but need'nt have worried as always a new cohort of emerging stars starts to emerge.

Off the top of my head, but I’ll throw it out there. Have we got funding the wrong way round?

Rather than funding individual athletes how about rewarding performances instead? Open to anyone.

First time someone beats a landmark in an event e.g 75m, 80m or 85m in the spear, triggers a payment. So do PBs or performances over a certain (high) standard. A global qualifying mark, finishing top of the national rankings and high finishes in national / international champs could also all trigger payments. Most would be fairly low level, but the incentive of a few hundred quid here and there might just help persuade some good, otherwise unfunded, athletes to stick with it.

The top people will still do fine and they’ll have shoe contracts, appearance fees and endorsements etc too. But this approach might help incentivise others, particularly in some of the minority events.

This could be supported by a central medical fund that would be accessible to a defined number of athletes.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
              MysteryBrick commented
              Editing a comment
              Ursus, that is very similar to what I was thinking.

I think the issue with this is that Lottery funding has (historically) been strongly tied to medals, and this would seem to focus on establishing depth and breadth across all events - I think this is the right approach for long term health and top-level performance, but it is probably a harder sell...

Ursus

Exactly - performance based incentives ... something I have been advocating since the dawn of lottery funding.. At each age group, a certain milestone that triggers a reward, an age group best, a home nations record, qualify for a european junior final, achieve a world record for a statistic rich sport we are not short of potential targets. The catchment group woud be far wider.

Comment

• whatwouldIknow
              whatwouldIknow commented
              Editing a comment
              In regard to age group best, Under 20 only surely, Under 18 at a stretch as too many below Junior ranks are successful due to earlier maturation, excessive training regimes and the like.

The problem to some degree with any performance based element, is the no. of achievers cant be foreseen, one year for instance you may get one athlete, the following 10 per "marker" and so the requirements to fund cant be limited.

We obviously/apparently spend a lot of money on "admin" in the sport and facilities (I mean just being based at Loughborough costs nearly 400k etc), if we only have a set pot, performance based even though I probably agree with it and would drive our depth a lot, does have other limitations it brings.

Comment

CH - Laviai wasn’t on the final team because she was the slowest leg that ran across the heats and the heats/final of the mixed - Zoey Clarke was the next best to call in. As it turned out, Pipi had a poor first leg, but Laviai on paper would have been slower than Pipi’s open runs - at best a 51.6-7, vs Pipi’s races of 51.1 and 51.3 - so I can see why that played out. Would love a 50.5 lead off, but she’ll need to get her PB down below that first!

There is an argument to fund relays, not relay runners. Pay for camps, access to treatments etc, but not the salary part, but invite lots along. Relays are most athletes best medal chance, so they will have a very real incentive to get on the team, as the medal brings sponsorship. Look at our M4x4 - whether world relays, Euro indoors or OG, the guys selected were largely self-funded. That would free up a lot to spend on other events.

The £23m budget will cover lots of things like the access to treatment - most athletes say the salary part isn’t the big thing for them, it’s the access to physio quickly and free of charge. In which case, widen the pool of people that can use that. Put money into prize money pots for winning national titles or eg BMC races/leagues. The top top people won’t bother any more than now because they are already priced out of the means-tested funding, but it will help with the second-tier of athletes being keen to push on.

I do think funded athletes should compete more for the team in lower level comps - but the balance with their training to ensure they peak at the majors is tight. If the medals don’t come, the funding will be cut again!

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                Winning the European Team Championships should be a target every year. It is a low-effort opportunity to get some real positive press and feelgood factor around the sport.

• jjimbojames
                jjimbojames commented
                Editing a comment
                You look at the Poles - their best turn up for everything. Not sure what their model is re funding/central contracts/bonuses etc

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
              Without considering the minimum performances given in the document above, I would amend that list as folllows:

Olympic Podium (16)
              Dina Asher-Smith - keep
              Tom Bosworth - ?
              Holly Bradshaw - keep
              Mo Farah - drop
              Adam Gemili – keep, but poss down to relay
              Callum Hawkins - ?
              Sophie Hitchon – retired, so obviously drop
              Zharnel Hughes - keep
              Abigail Irozuru - keep
              Katarina Johnson-Thompson - keep
              Nick Miller - keep
              Laura Muir - keep
              Reece Prescod – keep but on a last chance, poss move down to potential
              Lynsey Sharp – drop if we can, I understand maternity allows for an enforced extension but really can’t see her getting back to compete at national level now
              Lorraine Ugen - ? Has jumped over 6.90 this year, but was awful when it counted.
              Jake Wightman – keep

Andrew Butchart – keep? With warning for stupidity
              Taylor Campbell - keep
              Melissa Courtney - keep
              Tim Duckworth – keep
              Niamh Emerson - keep
              Tom Gale - keep
              Elliot Giles - keep
              Neil Gourley - drop
              Charlie Da’Vall Grice - keep
              Dewi Griffiths - drop
              Josh Kerr - move up to podium
              Morgan Lake – keep but perhaps on last chance saloon

Kyle Langford – drop?
              Chris McAlister – keep?
              Eilish McColgan - keep
              Sarah McDonald – drop?
              Sophie McKinna - keep
              Naomi Ogbeta - keep
              Shelayna Oskan-Clarke - drop
              Andrew Pozzi - keep
              Aimee Pratt - keep?
              Charlotte Purdue – really not sure, keep?
              Jemma Reekie – move up to podium
              Daniel Rowden - keep
              Jazmin Sawyers - keep
              Steph Twell – drop
              Jamie Webb - keep
              Laura Weightman - keep
              Callum Wilkinson - keep?
              Ben Williams – drop

Olympic Relays (23)
              Amy Allcock - drop
              Kristal Awuah - keep
              Cameron Chalmers - keep
              Zoey Clark - keep
              Emily Diamond - keep
              Beth Dobbin - keep
              Eilidh Doyle – retired so drop
              Miguel Francis - drop
              Matthew Hudson-Smith – maybe drop? Keep only if closer order is taken of his coaching arrangements
              Richard Kilty - keep
              Imani-Lara Lansiquot - keep
              Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake - keep
              Daryll Neita – keep, move to individual potential
              Ashleigh Nelson – drop?
              Laviai Nielsen – keep
              Asha Philip - keep
              Martyn Rooney - DROP
              Danny Talbot - drop
              Jessica Turner - keep
              CJ Ujah – keep, maybe move to individual potential
              Jodie Williams – move to individual potential
              Bianca Williams - drop
              Rabah Yousif - DROP

Not currently funded but add:

Keely Hodgkinson, podium

Oliver Dustin, potential
              Alex Bell, potential
              Lizzie Bird, potential
              Jake Heyward, potential
              Holly Mills, potential
              Nicole Yeargin, relay (potential status not allowed for 100-400m runners)
              Emily Borthwick, potential
              Max Burgin, potential
              Harry Coppell, potential
              Lawrence Okoye, potential
              Jessie Knight, potential/relay
              Hannah Williams, relay
              Lina Nielsen, poss relay?
              Crikey I agree almost wholly with your views.8

Comment

I would rather see Jodie on potential podium than the so called talented juvenile Prescod. Maybe they give him a few lessons in starting.
                Mystery, you were shouting about his abilities and how clever the selectors were to take him Tokyo.
                Yeah so on the ball!!

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                  MysteryBrick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He proved himself as in the top 24 100m runners in the World and thus justified his selection.

Is it your view that he shouldn't have been selected unless he made the final? Does the same apply to all athletes?

• SprintRelayFan
                  SprintRelayFan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Isn’t the criteria for selection that they make finals unless they’re guaranteed spots from trials

Carterhatch suggests a number of interventions. These don't necessarily have to be tied to funding, but it does provide a useful carrot/stick to encourage essential change.

Reece Prescod - yes, definitely needs Christian Malcolm to take him under his wing and sort out a proper, rigorous training programme, and possibly some sports psychologist input to help his self-control (fals starts, nutrition, etc). However, if he goes down from podium funding that has to be to relay bc potential is not an option for sprinters.

Morgan Lake: I don't know if a return to multis is the best option, but clearly something is not working as she seems to have regressed.

NMB - I like the idea of encouraging him towards 400.

MHS - needs even closer support than Prescod. He definitely needs to come back from the US.

Max Burgin - encouraging that he's apparently moved to Trevor Painter as coach. TP has done a fabulous job bringing Keely forward.

Amy Hunt - she's in the wait and see category for me.

Eilish McColgan – I don't think it needs a contract to ban doubling - that's a selection issue rather than a funding one. And UKA has no power over how many events she does at the Commonwealths.

4x4 warm weather training - it's difficult to do stuff like that if people aren't full time athletes.

Only 3 per nation at Euros, but the many comps available next year should allow more people a chance in our more competitive events. We could send 4 women for the 200m at the WCs if we had four with the standard though, as Dina will have a wild card.

Comment

• Paps
                  Paps commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not keen on the idea of Christian interfering in Reece's training. His role is not to get involved in the specific training the athletes are doing, but to support the work the coach/athlete partnerships are doing. I'm very pleased Christian is in post and by all accounts his people skills and experience in Aus make him an ideal person for the job, but if we were after someone to actually dictate the training of athletes he wouldn't have been the candidate UKA would have chosen.

UKA management interfering with coach/athlete relationships has done so much harm in the past. It's the last thing we need to bring back in now.

• Occasional Hope
                  Editing a comment
                  We've only suggested it because what he's doing now is clearly not working. Do you think he should be allowed to go on floundering around (while in receipt of funding)?

And not a day-to-day oversight for the next three years either, just getting him in the right setup. Same with MHS.

• Paps
                  Paps commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He tried a move to one of the biggest names in sprint coaching globally. It didn’t work. He’s come back home this year and is settling back in. Suggesting another reshuffle away from the environment in which he’s comfortable is not going to be helpful at this point.
              Working...
              X