Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    I'm very convinced that Dina, fully fit, would have run sub 10.80 and sub 21.75 in the 100 and 200 m respectively in Tokyo. Remember how easily she ran 10.91 in the British Olympic Trials semi final (before the disaster that turned out to be her successful defence of the 100 m title)? She was in the form of her life before that unfortunate injury.

The Commonwealth Games sprints are going to be amazing, *if* SAFP and Thompson-Herah decide to take them seriously/want to compete in Birmingham. If those two aren't there maybe Shericka Jackson would be Dina's main competition for gold in both sprints.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    100% she was ready for 10.80 and getting very close to Olympic bronze without injury.

• Christy93
    replied
    10.87 for Dina & 10.93 PB for Daryll. Fantastic!

Stay fit and Dina will run 10.7 next year.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    I'd probably go Jemma Reekie as the 4th Scot - 1:56.90 can't really be run without a 53.x 400m.

• carterhatch
    replied
    Beth Dobbin got a 100 PB (11.46) at that Dagenham meet, as well as another sub 23 in the 200. (Warning to Ursus, incoming R-word) it will be interesting to see what she chooses to do next year, with some suggestions her plan was for a move up to 400, and with the CGs, there is a useful long relay gathering for Scotland, what with Yeargin & Clark ...

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely, running 10.21. If he can get into the 10.1 regularly and crack a 10.0 next year he will make it to at least one of the champs next year.

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    Alex bell planning a 1500 focus

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I am so pleased - followed him since his junior success, and this is great to see. Potential addition to the relay squad?

• Loop-guru
    replied
    Tommy Ramdhan has had a great days sprinting in Dagenham today. He ran 10.21 for 100 metres into a -0.7 headwind, probably worth 10.05 with a legal 2 metre tailwind. He topped it with a new pb of 20.34 to move up to third brit this year and achieved the england commonwealth games standard to boot. I am thinking of starting a thread for athletes to watch out for in 2022 and Tommy could be one to feature

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    If he can work on that PV clearly a promising young talent.

• treadwater1
    replied
    Holly Mills ran 11.61 today

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    Katie Stainton is caught between a rock and a hard place, she’s consistent in the 5850-6000 area, but is struggling to go beyond that as these scores are often achieved in heptathlons of mediocre quality. She’d need an invite to Lana or Arona where the intensity of competition might propel her to the next stage. 5854 today and she had the best mark in every event

Andrew Murphy scored 7127 which was short of commonwealth games standard set for Scotland. Talbot scored 7054 which included 5 PBs

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    replied
    Talking of the Combined Events champs this weekend, I think it may be time to highlight Sammy Ball from Reading. He is the English Schools' Under 17 LJ champ with a best of over 7m and has already set the best ever octathlon score in the age-group. In the decathlon this weekend, he has so far won all 6 events and is nearly 1000 points clear. He is also highly ranked nationally in the 400m, 100m hurdles, HJ and SP. Yes, he has started pole vaulting although that does appear to be very much a work in progress.

Update - I've cursed him! He no-heighted in the PV. Although he was so far ahead that he retained his lead.
    Last edited by trickstat; 29-08-21, 18:17.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    His hurdles have come along a lot this year, and his 400m was not well paced, so more to come there. HJ has always been a challenge for him and his LJ is still well down, but I suspect he’s in line to score somewhere between 7200-7400 this weekend

That LJ is not a PB! He jumped 7.51m as an U20 - injuries have meant he’s way back there
    Last edited by jjimbojames; 29-08-21, 12:28.

• carterhatch
    replied
    noted elsewhere that Sam Talbot is competing this weekend in the Combined Events... The results suggest he has PB'd in 3 of the 5 Day 1 events (SP, LJ, 400) Very pleasing on his return.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X