• Show
Clear All

• Dundee42
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully not too long.

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

Yep, good run by Amy-Eloise, probably converts to 8:38 or so for 3000?

Niyonsaba (9:00.75) is getting too good at this distance lark ... What with Mboma and Masilingi too, how long before WA tries to ban DSD women from all track events?
    It is clear to me that this DL meet at Eugene, hyped up absurdly by the Americans as some sort of second Olympics, is no such thing if last nights distsnace stuff was anything to go by; the 5K by Hassan and the 2 miles was fully indicative to me of relatively tired mentally, physically and unmotivated athletes when you look at the times, who came across the world from the OG for a money incentive which is not the point of the OG.
    Gidey, Worku, Obiri and the other East Africans were way down on their best of a couple of months ago and have probably done their stuff for this season or they are still back in training for the Brussels/Zurich meets
    14.27 by Hassan suggests she is still affected by her glorious achievements of Tokyo, but the idea that she wanted to attack 14.06 is way off reality. She has never threatened that time as she is an athlete that basically uses her finish speed in most 5/10K races..

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    commented on 's reply
    Now, with an outdoors PB for 3000 of 9.37.15 and an indoors one of 8.46.43, needs to find a 3000 with quality competition in the next month to gouge 40 plus seconds off it. Go sub 9 and would join 44

• Aussiestatman
    commented on 's reply
    Now, with an outdoors PB for 3000 of 9.37.15 and an indoors one of 8.46.43, needs to find a 3000 with quality competition in the next month to gouge 40 plus seconds off it. Go sub 9 and would join 44 GB women
    Last edited by Aussiestatman; 21-08-21, 11:17. Reason: hit the wrong button

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, the fields would be tiny. It's just a difficult set of circumstances where someone is going to end up being unfairly treated, and the question is whether it is a very small number or ~half of athletes.

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    Would they have separate races though? If so, the fields will be very small !

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    I honestly think it's time for a new category.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t see Giles as the one to do
    It at global level. I think a fit rowden most likely next year, Dustin most likely over the next couple of years and burgon most potential - but only if he can stay fit!

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by Aussiestatman View Post

9.21.98 behind Niyonsaba and a few others
    Yep, good run by Amy-Eloise, probably converts to 8:38 or so for 3000?

Niyonsaba (9:00.75) is getting too good at this distance lark ... What with Mboma and Masilingi too, how long before WA tries to ban DSD women from all track events?

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    Originally posted by Aussiestatman View Post
    Look out for Amy-Eloise Markovc to possibly take a full minute off her two mile outdoor PB in Eugene this weekend.
    9.21.98 behind Niyonsaba and a few others

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    An embarassment of riches in the 800m for sure, and a good job too as the P of 10 on male athletics this year makes a rather depressing picture in a whole raft of events both track and especially field events.
    The 800m fascinates because we do not know who will come out of the field to medal at globals or regionals in the next couple of years. Got to be an athlete with the fiercest of finishes. Who will it be.? A little disappointed that Giles did his most convincing runs indoors but somebody may well surprise us next year; its never been more clear that Diamond League has at best a tenuous connection in many events with medal winning potential in the globals or even regionals. In feeling a little disappointed by our guys in Tokyo, i wonder what odds you may have got in America if, just before their Trials, you had predicted that no American would have been in the top six? in Tokyo; they had Brazier, Hoppel, Murphy and Jewett. That looked good on paper.😏

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    Good improvement from Daniel Bainbridge to go 2nd in this year’s spear rankings with 75.53 PB.

Well done to him but still some way short of international standard.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    As Ian Hodge notes, Thomas Randolph's run makes it 'A record seven Brits now sub 1:45 in 2021'. All the chaps should be applauded for a very notable milestone, and i hope they all carry their fitness and form into 2022 and, with some judicious selection, each get an opportunity to run at one of the major events.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    One of the athletes who was there is saying it ended up 44.40…

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    LOL, I should say. But any PB is great so she'd be delighted with 10:43, right?
Working...
X