• Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Tokyo site it’s saying Pipi Williams Williams yeargin

Comment

• jjimbojames
      jjimbojames commented
      Editing a comment
      Stew - whereabouts are you looking? Maybe we’re in different places!

• jjimbojames
      jjimbojames commented
      Editing a comment
      CH - she’s nowhere near the top 4 on splits here. Jodie is a lock, so there’s just three places. Nicole ran quicker than her yesterday, Zoey ran the same as her yesterday and a quicker split in the mixed, Emily’s mixed splits were both quicker than her and her 51.5 from the blocks is better than L’s 50.9. Ama’s run 51.1 from the blocks here. Hannah getting in over Emily would be the story - I’d assume that’s either a placeholder or Hannah has shown amazing form in training out there and is going to unleash hell - if not, it’s brutal to throw her in when we could well be tight for a medal and the others have proven themselves.

Edit: To add - given Tim’s caution with Jessie (arguably second best after Jodie), I don’t see him taking random risks with the team

• alfie
      alfie commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been misled once or twice by the line-ups posted on the Tokyo site. I imagine they know what they are doing but a bit surprised Emily isn't running. Good luck whoever it is...

I think Hassan will respond to prove a point

Comment

OH can I thank you for these threads - it’s been so nice chatting with everyone

Comment

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't do all of them, but quite often I had time to kill in the afternoons so thought I'd better get the next day's going I'm sure someone else would have set them up if I hadn't.

Hannah has been improving...but with the thought of running with her sister in a team event may be a huge motivator....

Comment

Or too much pressure….especially when she hasn’t raced since a 52.98 in July, let alone at these Champs! That’s a massive risk, unless she’s shown fireworks - I would have at least run her in a heat! She is the only one not to have run out there

Comment

It is very rare to bring someone in for the final other than when you rest them in the heats after an individual event unless someone gets injured. I know we made some changes in the mixed that didn't quite fit in with that but I think that was partly to share the load in general and not using Yeargin in the heat there gave some rest for her before the individual 400.

Comment

Lake out of hj final with a foot injury

Comment

There's 3 things certain in life ...

Death, taxes and Japanese women going to the front in the early stages of a global 10,000m championships.

Comment

20yo Ririka Hironaka setting a great pace ... 6:04.3 at 2km ,,, sub-30:30 pace. This is only Hironaka's third 10,000 race ever and her PB is 31:11.
                Last edited by LuckySpikes; 07-08-21, 11:57.

Comment

Great start from Chopra - 87.03.

But why oh why do they put on the 10K when there are 2 field events going on where run ups will start on the track??

Comment

• Stew-Coach
                    Stew-Coach commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree crazy timing, very unfair on the field eventers

• alfie
                    alfie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed. Daft programming.

Chopra could make history as India's first ever T&F medallist.

Comment

Since when is Gezahegne Bahraini?

Don’t remember seeing her since about 2012 in the 1500m

Comment

• LuckySpikes
                      LuckySpikes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ooh, for a long time.

• Occasional Hope
                      Occasional Hope commented
                      Editing a comment
                      She was competing for Bahrain in 2017.

Vetter not even the leading German in round 1….

Comment

Poor Gidey.

Comment

I think we are going to hear that Vetter has been injured as he is so off form when he previously could not throw under 90m it seemed!!! Gb to get a medal in the 1500 or 4th! Vetter out!
                        Last edited by sportsfan; 07-08-21, 12:40.

Comment

Working...
                        X