No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympics day 7 - Thursday 5 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cream has arisen in the SP with Kovacs at 22.19 and Walsh at 22.17.

Comment

Crouser up to 22.93.

Comment

GB men a solid 2nd in 38.02. Jamaica 1st looking better than some anticipated.

Comment

4x1 got it round that time...

Kilty excellent on third leg. I know he isn't loved on here but he has a decent record with the baton. NMB ran home quite well - better than the 200 form suggests ?

and SA out after a mishap.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
            SprintRelayFan commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to loathe kilty but my opinion has changed a lot in recent years

• Occasional Hope
            Occasional Hope commented
            Editing a comment
            He's really committed to the relay.

Americans out!!

Comment

• carterhatch
            carterhatch commented
            Editing a comment
            waking up to this news, is there anyway that the US TV channels can get them reinstated hahahahahaha

The Americans did beat the mighty sprinting nation that is Denmark!

Comment

USA out... Dreadful second change . Never looked like recovering enough speed.

Relays...

Comment

• Occasional Hope
              Occasional Hope commented
              Editing a comment
              Told you they wouldn't have practised enough.

Pichardo up to 17.98!

Comment

Parchment shock win over Holloway in the 110H!

Comment

Being favourite is no guarantee... Thought Holloway had that until the last couple of hurdles but he faltered at the end...Jamaica on a roll. USA had a few minutes they won't enjoy ...though I think Crouser is still giving them something to smile about. 🙂

Comment

Kovacs up to 22.65.

Comment

Crouser signs off with 23.30 - the 2nd longest ever.

Comment

Crouser totally dominant : outstanding performance 👍

Meanwhile , Carl Lewis sounding off on twitter about the US relay effort. He was not at all happy with that ...

Comment

• RunUnlimited
                        RunUnlimited commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Anything that annoys that drug doping hypocrite Lewis, is fine by me. >

What an excellent shot final - not that BBC showed much. They must think we want to listen to Denise and co talk about athletics as opposed to watching it. Far too many talking heads. Not so much in the other sports so why does athletics has to be different. I thought Miller did well and the Lincoln gave a good account of himself in what was a high standard competition. GB have some good performers but not quite good enough - make the finals but not quite good enough for a medal. Looking at the Olympics in general, China is doing exceptionally well - cold this be because they have not really been affected by the covid virus that they ironically spread to the rest of the world! Thye have surpassed their 2016 medal haul already.
                      Last edited by sportsfan; 05-08-21, 05:09.

Comment

I think the Covid issue may well be relevant , sportsfan. In some sports more than others . I note , for instance , that Australian athletes have generally performed up to or better than expectations in track and field : suspect the fact that this country has been spared the worst of the effects of the pandemic has helped them to come in better prepared than many. Still hasn't been easy , with restrictions - but surely has been preferable to the situation faced by many in Europe.

In many ways this Olympics may be a bit of an outlier ; so I wouldn't make too many assumptions about how the next year or two will go. The outright champions have largely done the business ; but a lot of those more "middling" may be better or worse than normal.

Just glad to see we actually got a meaningful games despite all the problems ... even if sadly no Japanese spectators have been able to attend much ...

Comment

Working...
                        X