No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympics day 7 - Thursday 5 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US teams may not have had much time to practice given that they didn't have a pre-Olympics holding camp, plus they tend to keep on changing their lineup, so at least one dropped baton is a possibility.

Mind you, so is it for us...

Comment

Philip - Lansiquot - Asher-Smith - Neita for the women. Looks right to me, and surely the best 3-4 combination GB has ever had.

Comment

Looks the right line-up. If DAS is OK and able to run anywhere near her best they have a great chance...

Comment

Always wanted to see Dina on that top bend, and she ran a blinder. I'd leave her there even when back to full fitness. Lansiquot seemed to be closing down on Morrison too - She's a much better athlete when you take blocks out of the equation. Very encouraging run.

Comment

Nice start to the day 😁

Comment

If GB get the baton round it's bronze at minimum, I think. Jamaica will almost certainly be miles ahead on pure speed, and the USA have strength to bring in.

Comment

New National Record - Womens 4 x100. 41.55!. US n Jamaica behind in first heat

Comment

Morgan Lake clears 1.93 second time which I think puts her 11th at the mo.

Comment

Borthwick over 1.93 at third try. Still 17 left in so up to 1.95...

Comment

Emily Borthwick equals her PB with 1.93.

Thanks to the IOC website, I've discovered that her and Harry Coppell are an item.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
                        SprintRelayFan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        She was commenting about him on Twitter tonight. I like the pair of them 😀. Incidentally Naomi ogbeta and Kevin metzger have got engaged

Lake clears Auto Q of 1.95.

There are currently 12 over this.

Comment

Crouser opens with 22.83.

Comment

Emily Borthwick exits with a reasonable attempt at 1.95. 14 qualifiers cleared that including Mahuchikh, Lasitskiene and the other main suspects.

Comment

Pichardo 17.61 opener and then repeats it!

Comment

So Lake is one of 14 to qualify. Borthwick out but with a PB of 1.93 she's done all you can really ask. Looking forward to this final , a few possibilities for the top step...

Comment

Working...
                              X