Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
    Ashley Maloney with some prime Anglo Saxon there. lol
    Great effort from the young Aussie ..Area Record too. His mate practically towed him round in that 1500 - that's teamwork 👍

Comment

• That 41.55 from GB takes them to 5th on the all-time list - USA, Jamaica, GDR and Russia ahead. 41.37 for a European record.

Comment

• Holly Bradshaw told Greg Rutherford that she wants to do all 3 of the champs next summer, pointing out that the Commonwealths will be a straight final.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfie View Post

Great effort from the young Aussie ..Area Record too. His mate practically towed him round in that 1500 - that's tgreat for moloney. eamwork 👍
          Great by Moloney.the aussies brought their A games this week

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprintfan View Post
            Womens 4 x 100: Lansiquot gained ground, DAS zoomed off and Neita seemed to ease off but looked pretty majestic. These girls not finished with their time. But consigned to a silver only. Unless the Jamaican girls mess up......
            Yeah the Jamaicans never seem to make a mistake in these relays but there is a first time for everything

Comment

• Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post
              That 41.55 from GB takes them to 5th on the all-time list - USA, Jamaica, GDR and Russia ahead. 41.37 for a European record.
              Imagine that.... a GB team, featuring a not fully race fit Dina, possibly in a position to take down that old GDR European, and former World, record. 41.37 stood for such a long time... It would be poetic if the Brits could take it off the top.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                I really think GB are one lightning starter (although to be fair to Philip, she does a really good job on 1) from being a scary good team. Lansiquot has amazing top end speed, DAS is one of the best bend runners in the world and Neita has both the temperament and now the 10.96 wheels to bring it home.

• Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Imagine that.... a GB team, featuring a not fully race fit Dina, possibly in a position to take down that old GDR European, and former World, record. 41.37 stood for such a long time... It would be poetic if the Brits could take it off the top.
              That would be great if the women replicate.A great race in prospect. Poetic indeed or even justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfie View Post

Great effort from the young Aussie ..Area Record too. His mate practically towed him round in that 1500 - that's teamwork 👍
                That effort from Maloney now places him 3rd on the Commonwealth all time list, leap frogging over our own Dean Macey, and behind Warner and Daley Thompson. Very impressive from the 21 year-old 2018 world junior champion.

Comment

• trickstat
                  trickstat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  With Warner being 31 and Mayer 29 things are looking very good for Maloney's future. Obviously, shouldn't rule out a fit Kaul though.

• Did anyone anticipate Heyward as a top 6.?

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                  MysteryBrick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely not me. I thought he would do well to run a decent semifinal. All 3 Brits look good, and Cheruiyot didn't look amazing...

• LuckySpikes
                  LuckySpikes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, I don't recall seeing his name on anyone's lists.

I think Top 6 may be a stretch for him though.

I thought Cheruiyot was doing just enough to qualify.

• Occasional Hope
                  Occasional Hope commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He hasn't got there yet! But no, I saw/see Wightman as the best of the Brits overall, and Kerr with the kick that could work out if he's in the right place at the right time, leaving young Heyward as the other one.

• What was Moloneys final score?

Comment

• trickstat
                  trickstat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  An Area Record of 8649.

• That decathlon competition is quite possibly one of the deepest ever.... The top 5 all scored over 8600 points. Amazing!

Comment

• Gabby and the ladies on the evening highlights show haven't heard of Faith Kipyegon ... apparently Hassan is the favourite in the 1500 ! Claire Balding & Alex Scott have an excuse. Gabby doesn't!

Comment

• Originally posted by philipo View Post
                    What was Moloneys final score?
                    8649 ... pretty good , eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by SprintRelayFan View Post
                      Lovely run from Wightman. Maybe he wanted to get away from unvaxxed hocker.
                      How I wish he could find a performance like that again in the final but often hard to do that when medals are at stake

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                        MysteryBrick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He hasn't done/not done it yet!

• Originally posted by sportsfan View Post
                      It is interesting listening to Mike Johnson talking about the demise of the US track team. I think what he failed to say is that the US collegiate system has also trained the world as many of the developing nations and Africa especially, they have given scholarships to and many British athletes for example are based in the US according to their bios and the commentary. Mo Farah was based there and apparently started winning when he moved there and changed his coach and coaching environment, The US had probably itself to blame by training other nation's athletes!!! A french decathlete and even a Grenadan one just hit the top of the UK javelin rankings!! The NCAA were on my cable channel this year and they were still pretty impressive. i c ant thin of many British athletes who would have won them, A great meeting to watch and they have put a stadium around the track now!
                      How I would love him to be offered whatever he wants to become our Performance Director,however don't think it would happen in a million years. Certainly see a significant improvement in 200m & 400m performances.

Comment

Working...
                      X