• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Olympics day 7 - Thursday 5 August

1:00 Men's Decathlon 110m Hurdles - Heat 1 – Mayer, Ziemek
    1:08 Men's Decathlon 110m Hurdles - Heat 2 – Kaul, Wiesolek
    1:10 Women's High Jump Qualification
    1:16 Men's Decathlon 110m Hurdles - Heat 3 – Warner, Moloney, Lepage, Scantling, Urena
    1:40 Women's Heptathlon Long Jump
    1:50 Men's Decathlon Discus Throw - Group A – Moloney, Urena, Shkurenyov, Ziemek, Bastien
    2:00 Women's 4 x 100m Relay Round 1 - Heat 1 – USA, Jamaica, GB, Netherlands, France, Italy, Japan
    2:09 Women's 4 x 100m Relay Round 1 - Heat 2 – Switzerland, Nigeria, Poland, Germany, China
    2:55 Men's Decathlon Discus Throw - Group B – Warner, Mayer, Scantling, Lepage, Tilga
    3:00 Men's Triple Jump Final
    3:05 Men's Shot Put Final
    3:30 Men's 4 x 100m Relay Round 1 - Heat 1 – GB, Jamaica, Netherlands, South Africa, Japan, France
    3:39 Men's 4 x 100m Relay Round 1 - Heat 2 – USA, Canada, Italy, China, Germany
    3:55 Men's 110m Hurdles Final
    4:30 Women's Heptathlon Javelin Throw - Group A – Thiam, Vidts, Dadic, Kunz, Bougard (and KJT still on the start list but presumably not going to show)
    4:45 Men's Decathlon Pole Vault
    5:40 Women's Heptathlon Javelin Throw - Group B – Vetter, Schafer, Ahouanwanwou, Oosterwegel, Williams

8:30 Men's 20km Race Walk Final
    11:00 Women's Pole Vault Final
    11:15 Men's Decathlon Javelin Throw - Group A
    11:25 Women's 4 x 400m Relay Round 1 - Heat 1 – Poland, Cuba, Belgium, Switzerland
    11:37 Women's 4 x 400m Relay Round 1 - Heat 2 – GB, USA, Netherlands, Italy, Belarus
    12:00 Men's 1500m Semi-Final 1 – Wightman, Cheruiyot, Simotwo, Hoare, Hocker, Lewandowski, Lemi
    12:10 Men's 1500m Semi-Final 2 – Kerr , Heyward, Ingebrigtsen, McSweyn, Centrowitz, Kipsang, Habz
    12:20 Men's Decathlon Javelin Throw - Group B
    1:00 Men's 400m Final
    1:20 Women's Heptathlon 800m - Heat 1
    1:30 Women's Heptathlon 800m - Heat 2
    1:40 Men's Decathlon 1500m

9.30pm Men's 50km Race Walk
    Last edited by Occasional Hope; 04-08-21, 21:22.

Lord this is my risk day isn't it. KJT already gone and bloody relays.
    Perhaps Pozzi will surprise me and sneak a bronze medal
    To non-Brit news where are the medals going in the 400?

Comment

It's Holly's final too.

More jeopardy in wHJ quals with Morgan Lake and Emily Borthwick.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
        SprintRelayFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmmmmm. I'm not sure I expect anything of the HJ. Morgan should get through but there've been times before I've said that. Emily has done well to get there

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd like to see Emily manage a PB but agree the final may be too much to ask. Morgan may or may not bring her best...

I don't think I dare predict the m400.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
        SprintRelayFan commented
        Editing a comment
        It's hard isn't it.
        I'll go for Kirani, Zambrano, Cherry

Lake should return to the heptathlon, I'd wager her HJ would improve with the multi event training.This is still the 17 year old who high jumped 1.93 and threw the 4kg shot 15 meters, very few boys of 17 could do that.

Comment

It’s bizarre to schedule the heats of the 4x4s before the individual 400s are concluded. It works against the smaller nations who need their best runners to qualify for the final. Tough draw for the women’s 4x1

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
          SprintRelayFan commented
          Editing a comment
          That is absolutely ridiculous. I suppose they've done it on SBs and as no one has run many they're awry

• MysteryBrick
          MysteryBrick commented
          Editing a comment
          The schedule is totally kaput, partly due to the Mixed 4x400m turning up at the start of the schedule.

• Occasional Hope
          Editing a comment
          Seb Coe said the Eugene WC will allow for any likely doubles.

Yes - especially being able to change the team - as those without depth will be running multiple times. US choices will be interesting, as the back end of their finalists haven’t looked great here. Plus the politics of who runs the final - someone like Muhammad may need to run the heat to get the medal and see if she then makes the cut against Hayes/Felix (although, I think Felix will be on the team regardless, so realistically vs Hayes)

Comment

Ooh, Race Walks and Marathons for the next 4 days! I love that nowadays they get their own space on the timetable rather than the old days (not long ago) when you'd only see parts of the race because they were held at the same time as the stadium sessions.

In the Men's 20km RW on Day 7 the reigning world champ Toshikazu Yamanishi is a moderately warm favourite. But, it's very competitive and any of about 10 men could realistically get in the medals.

Europe's best hopes of a medal lie with Perseus "Percy" Karlstrom (SWE), Vasiliy Mizinov (ROC), the Spaniards Alvaro Martin & Diego Garcia and maybe Salih Korkmaz (TUR). If Callum Wilkinson walks well Top 15 could be on the cards. Based on Tom Bosworth's recent form Top 20 might be possible but not much more.

Hopefully, good crowds will line the streets like they did for the cycling road races.
          Last edited by LuckySpikes; 04-08-21, 18:03.

Comment

USA, Jamaica, GBR, Ukraine & Netherlands in the same 4x4 heat? Christ, we've been well and truly shafted compared to Poland. The lane draw isn't going to be friendly in the final.

Comment

Not D7 related but I see Scott is whining about the qualification method for the 5k. You just need to run a decent time!

Comment

• LuckySpikes
              LuckySpikes commented
              Editing a comment
              No point whining about it. It is what it is and has been done that way for yonks. The alternative is difficult to make completely fair as well. Instead he should concentrate on learning from it and not cocking up next time.

• frankie cahill
              frankie cahill commented
              Editing a comment
              What went wrong with Scott? About three years ago I had him as the one to watch in terms of British distance running but his performance in Tokyo has been dismal. I do wonder about this approch that certain US training groups have towards the sport. It seems almost as if their approach is geared towards specific events they stage themselves in order to run super fast times with little to no interest in developing racecraft. All seems rather odd to me. I'm not sure what it's supposed to achieve in the long term

• SprintRelayFan
              SprintRelayFan commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds a good summary FC. Also they do these super fast times early season and then….

A big disappointment The OG was not intended for USA in early spring.!!

Comment

Any one know our womens order in the 4x100m

Comment

Although the Men's 50km Race Walk is on Day 8 in Japan, it actually starts at 9.30pm on Day 7 (Thursday) for us.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                  Editing a comment
                  OK, will add it into to the first post.

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                I don't think I dare predict the m400.
                Gardiner Zambrano and the 2012 400m champ.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what Crouser will do in the shot. Even though we’ve got the same dramatis personae I doubt we’re in for the drama of Doha.

Slightly surprised that 3 of the field have worse PBs than Scott Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
                  X