Originally posted by sovietvest View Post

er, yeah, sorry about that.
    L O L

It happens to the best of us Soviet, no worries

Leave a comment:

• Sovietvest
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes
    Whilst the women really went for it and 3 of them got World & Olympic standards, the men wasted their chance. The live results page is typical of British meetings - appalling! Yemane Crippa (ITA) won in 27:49 (I think). Vinco reported that first Brit Ben Connor (in 3rd) ran 27:57 - a 17s PB. About what I expected from him so well done.

The word on the street in Teddington got lost in translation perhaps? Nick Goolab around 28:10??
    Er, yeah, sorry about that.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes
    What are they playing at in the men's 'A' race? Just wasting an opportunity for some to get the 27:40 standard - 14:03 at halfway.
    Nobody, including the pacemakers, were willing to follow the pre-determined pace... they were lagging behind the pace strobe light after only a couple of laps... Kinda defeats the objective if you don't do what you're supposed to do....
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 06-07-19, 23:44.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Just like to add that this is rich reward for Twell after all those years out after smashing her ankle.... I'm a firm believer that if that accident had never happened, Twell would have been a sub 31 minute 10,000m runner years ago.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Excellent from Twell! Salpeter tried to break away early but paid for it at the end. McColgan didn't go as fast as her mum in the 10,000m but its still some achievement to make the World Championship 'A' standard from 1500m thru to the 10,000m!
    Personally, based on what I saw here today, I'd want McColgan to do the 5000m as her main race in Doha and depending on the scheduling, have the 1500m as her back up event. She's only just started on her journey in the 10,000m and I think it would be wise if she focused on the shorter distances for this year at least.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Great run, Steph! Good range from McColgan this season

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    There was a very good article on this meet in The Times today. Well worth a read if you can find it.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    So, the 2018 champion Richard Ringer's decision to withdraw from this in favour of the 5000 in Lausanne didn't pay off. He ran a 13:44 SB - 22s outside the Doha standard. Probably indicates he wouldn't have been a factor at Highgate either.

Leave a comment:

• Sovietvest
    replied
    Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
    Classic Teddington! I hope Goolab has a major breakthrough, as we could do with a Butchart-level 10k runner on the track.

McColgan is interesting - not sure she’s worked out her best distance, but this could be it. Just hope she runs confidently and attacks the early pace, rather than sitting off and finishing like a train.
    I'm a big fan of Eilish. I just wish she wouldn't spend so much time - even in fast races - in lane 2. I think 3000m is her best distance. I don't see her getting near the same level at 10,000 as she has at 1500. I think she can break 4 at 1500 (she certainly can't have peaked for that 4:00.9 in Rabat). The equivalent at 10,000 would be 30:44.

Leave a comment:

• Sovietvest
    replied
    So, Nick Goolab will run .. .. .. .. . .. . .27:39.

{Disclaimer - I don't really have any true inside info and was just trying to give the impression that I'm a connected member of the Teddington running community (which I'm not, unless you count nodding at people in Bushy Park or getting out of the way of the real runners during sessions at the track). I'm predicting 27:40 because it's the equivalent time to a 7:42 3000m - Goolab's best performance to date - and I'm assuming he's doing a 10,000 because he thinks that is potentially his best distance.
    Last edited by Sovietvest; 05-07-19, 18:49.

Leave a comment:

• Sovietvest
    replied
    Originally posted by larkim View Post
    Isn't that what Teddington is like though? Posse's of middle distance runners hanging around on street corners, covertly sharing training plans and details of hardcore interval sessions, comparing the latest spikes and wearing identical Nike pro kit ;-) ?

Shame the male field has worn a bit thin but the women's races are always a little better than the men's I think.

By all accounts a great event to attend. Shame it's down in London, I'd be attending like a shot if it was somewhere more northerly.
    Yes - that's exactly what life is like in Teddington (except instead of street corners they hang out by the cricket pavilion in Bushy Park). Yesterday morning Nick Bideau had four of his Melbourne Track club on the cricket pitch doing a rep session. Stewy McSweyn looked like he was running at half the pace of the others (including Gregson) but was moving away from them. In case my Nick Goolab prediction (that I'm about to post) is wrong, to redeem myself I'm going to predict that McSweyn becomes the first non-African born runner to run sub 3:50 or sub 3:32 , sub 7:30, and sub 13:00. Before an Ingebritsen!

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Classic Teddington! I hope Goolab has a major breakthrough, as we could do with a Butchart-level 10k runner on the track.

McColgan is interesting - not sure she’s worked out her best distance, but this could be it. Just hope she runs confidently and attacks the early pace, rather than sitting off and finishing like a train.

Leave a comment:

• larkim
    replied
    Isn't that what Teddington is like though? Posse's of middle distance runners hanging around on street corners, covertly sharing training plans and details of hardcore interval sessions, comparing the latest spikes and wearing identical Nike pro kit ;-) ?

Shame the male field has worn a bit thin but the women's races are always a little better than the men's I think.

By all accounts a great event to attend. Shame it's down in London, I'd be attending like a shot if it was somewhere more northerly.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by Sovietvest View Post
    Word on the street in Teddington is that Nick Goolab is going to run very fast.
    His 28:22 at the Brighton 10k certainly went under the radar a bit. But, I'd still be very surprised if he went under 27:40. I hope he does do it though!

"Word on the street" always makes me think of gangs hanging around on street corners.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!
Working...
X