Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    She's also got a big relay medal chance - I favour GB over Poland now.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    I'd love to see her PB/NR/medal of course, but I won't feel she has failed in any way if she doesn't.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    But it's a home games, plus in many case easier medal prospects, which means some athletes will prioritise it over the WCs. It's unlikely to be possible to double.

• drobbie
    replied
    whats all this talk about the commonwealth games , its after the wrolds next year which is the first event of the summer

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    She seemed absolutely knackered after it. Mind stewcoach thinks she'll run a British record and he knows far more about 400 running than I ever will.
    I don't think she'll be in the medal conversation but another PB would be fab, and if not she's overachieved getting to the final. Mr Coppell aside how many of the men can we say that about....

• paul
    commented on 's reply
    Yes maybe. But she is at a different stage of her career to Daryll.
    She clearly doesn't consider her bolt shot just yet. (Neither did DN going into her final. But making the final was definitely the extent of her ambition for these games.)
    And the medal chances are remote for JW but not absolute zero like they were for DN in the 100.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    And if she has, what a fine bolt to shoot. 6th British woman ever under 50 seconds.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    She may, like Daryll Neita, have shot her bolt in the semi to get to the final.

• paul
    replied
    Williams has lane 8 (i.e. really 7) in the final, with Felix on her outside (her old mentor and hero), and SMU just on her inside.
    That seems a pretty good draw for Jodie, given that she was not eligible for lane 5.

It will probably take close to a national record to medal. She has been improving her PB by about a second each month recently, LOL. She is going to have to accelerate that rate a bit
    in the next two days. Probably won't happen, but I would not put it past her.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    He would have needed a massive PB to get a medal, or even to match his 4th in Rio.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, the battle for gold is almost certainly going to be, as predicted prior to the competition, Kipyegon versus Hassan, with Laura well in the mix for bronze, but it may be a bit of a fight.

• Ursus
    replied
    Originally posted by Croadymeister View Post
    How do we think Adam would have fared in that race if only he had been in the shape of Rio
    In the Rio final he ran 20.12 into a -0.5 when only Bolt went sub 20. Today was also a -0.5 so 6th! He might have been able to snatch 5th if he really was in the PB shape he suggested but I think 4th would have been out of reach and I can’t see him ever running the kind of time that would have got him in the medals.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    There are several comments about it on page 4 of the 12 on this thread!

KJT had been competing all day so plenty to talk about even of much of it now looks pretty redundant.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    He's done better than Bolt did at the Olympics at the same age.

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    Talking about relays we have lane 3 (effectively lane 2) tomorrow in the men's, which doesn't augur particularly well.
    First 3 we have Jam, SA, and Japan amongst others

Leave a comment:

Working...
X