No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympics day 6: Wednesday 4 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJT over 1.83 at third attempt ! Phew ...

Comment

And she's cleared 1.86 first shot ! And it looked a easy clearance... good signs : and she has a smile on her face.

Comment

i just looked up her bio - these bios are cool - it makes you sound sound really informed - they do have some great information about the athletes. 1.86m kjt!

Comment

Straight over 1.86 on attempt 1.

She's clearly not going to challenge Thiam, but this is solid enough from KJT.

Comment

Appreciating these updates as the been has the same hockey match on both channels.

Comment

KJT bows out at 1.86m. Was never too far away, but clearly the lack of comp means she's a bit rusty.

Still, nobody bar Thiam will go further than her, Bougard is the only other person who joined those two clearing 1.86m.

A lot will depend on the shot/javelin and how far behind she is on those as she's sacrificing some of her normal advantage in HJ and possibly LJ on the rest of the field.
              Last edited by marra; 04-08-21, 04:20.

Comment

Thiam finishes with 1.92.

Comment

KJT would have loved one more height : actually wasn't too far away on second try there . Thiam out in front now but Kat is in third . Shot next and she needs to not lose too much to the better throwers.

The good thing is it appears it is more rustiness than handicap from injury that is limiting her so far.

Comment

So 2138 for KJT after 2 events, lies in 3rd. Thiam leads on 2176, Bougard second on 2157. Vidits of Belgium 4th on 2115.

To compare KJT with previous years, here's where she was in other major meets, along with where she finished overall:

Oly 2012 - 2146 (14th)
                    WC 2013 - 2068 (5th)
                    WC 2015 - 2166 (28th - NM in LJ)
                    Oly 2016 - 2262 (6th)
                    WC 2017 - 2053 (5th)
                    Euros 2018 - 2193 (silver)
                    WC 2019 - 2282 (gold)

So firmly middle of the pack performance wise by her own standards right now. Assuming other events go as normal (obv never a guarantee in multi discipline) If she has KJT 2019 shot/javelin, she can medal. If she has previous KJT form in those, I think we're lookng at 5th or 6th at best.

Comment

Originally posted by marra View Post
                      So 2138 for KJT after 2 events, lies in 3rd. Thiam leads on 2176, Bougard second on 2157. Vidits of Belgium 4th on 2115.

To compare KJT with previous years, here's where she was in other major meets, along with where she finished overall:

Oly 2012 - 2146 (14th)
                      WC 2013 - 2068 (5th)
                      WC 2015 - 2166 (28th - NM in LJ)
                      Oly 2016 - 2262 (6th)
                      WC 2017 - 2053 (5th)
                      Euros 2018 - 2193 (silver)
                      WC 2019 - 2282 (gold)

So firmly middle of the pack performance wise by her own standards right now. Assuming other events go as normal (obv never a guarantee in multi discipline) If she has KJT 2019 shot/javelin, she can medal. If she has previous KJT form in those, I think we're lookng at 5th or 6th at best.
                      Too many variables for me to risk any predictions yet...

But I am glad to see she is solidly into the competition and doesn't look at all hobbled by her injuries. Will wait and watch (as long as my stream gives the Hep proper attention !)

Comment

• marra
                        marra commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh, there's a LOT that could go wrong in a heptathlon, for KJT or anyone. NM in LJ, injury etc. My point was more to show that she's roughly where she needs to be right now to be in with a medal shot if everything else is "solid".

• SprintRelayFan
                        SprintRelayFan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes…I slept - I’m afraid working and wrangling a toddler solo I have to! And was relieved to see she’d just made it through the two ok

Amazing w400h. Every bit as good as the men.

Spear qualifying is always a lottery. Based on his last couple of comps and this Vetter looks well short of the athlete he was early season. Apart from his troubles.....

Reigning world champion Peters - out

2nd ranked this year Krukowski - out

3rd ranked this year and double Olympic medalist Walcott - out

5th ranked this year Cakss - out

8th and 9th ranked this year - Van Rooyen and Shuey - out

Chen and Yego both 90 men, not where they were but well off the pace with 77 and 71m respectively. Helander another 88m man was also sub 80.

Comment

Only just seen the result and video of that hurdles race!!!

This Track, Those Spikes and whole bunch of talent!

Really really looking forward to the 200 later and more hoping they step up!!! Being very underwhelming so far IMO in the 2. Womens 4 I think Jodie can run low 50.x and make it through in 2nd (fingers crossed)

Comment

Seems im extremely late to the party on this one but...has there been a recent revolutionary shoe design (similar to the nike vaporfly for distance running) that is contributing to these improvements? And if so has there been any studies done around the sort of percentage improvement its likely to achieve?

Comment

Denise looks almost as knackered as I do, after being on through the night. Probably not the time to tell her Jess is on double the money, for half the hours.

Comment

Hep: Fantastic start for KJT with her second best hurdles run ever, but she looked pretty rusty in the HJ and slightly concerning to see her receiving treatment. Thiam looks great.

Dec: Warner looks superb.

110h: I actually didn't expect Andy P to make the final, so well done to him even if it was as a FL.

400h: stunning WR, excellent from Muhammad in silver, brilliant third and European record from Bol who just flagged in the last 50m or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X