X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post
    Great running from AdG - Lyles lost that race in the semifinal by easing up and ending up in lane 3...
    i thought that Lyles thought he had it, but his last 50 just a bit off from De Grasse whose confidence is very high.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    I was very impressed by Jodie Williams post race interview, she is going into that final with the mentality that she can win a medal. Realistically it will be a tall order but she has done incredibly well considering this is her first time running the 400 at a global championships. Paulinho was impressive, there is a chance Uibo could leave this championships with out a gold from her two events

Thoroughly enjoyable hammer throw final, even if Fajdek had performed to his best he still wouldn’t have beaten Nowicki, that’s how good he was. 80m throw only came 4th, very high standard

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by SprintRelayFan View Post
    800 calls?
    I'll go Rotich, Korir, Amos just for the hell of it.
    It seems quite open which makes it doubly annoying we didn't get anyone through.....
    well, Rowden ran with no acumen and Giles wanted to do the rabbit thing. Thats why they are not there.
    Of course Murphy ran even more stupidly in the final

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post
    I FUCKING CALLED THIS!!!!

Love this so much.
    well mystery you sure are not always wrong 😊😊

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
    I really want Faith to win tomorrow, that's all I'll say.
    I think she will but lets face it the Kenyans on their terms have disappointed somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

With Miller-Uibo a bit dodgy, Paulino is looking like a champ.
    If Paulino is at her best I think a medal for sure; SMU is a mystery and we cannot tell if she is at her best.Could we see a British top 6 ?

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post
    football world wide...don't we just know it but there are countless Area comps with superior quality players; World Cup, Euros, Copa America, Africa Cup; we don't need the frigging soccer for cheating players and millionaires; we already have it.!!
    At least 2 billion people in countries do not take football seriously; so i do not agree about Football.
    India, Indonesia, China really ?? Pakistan and many poor African countries dont bother too much with footy.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Bloody hell! 3:56.8 for a semi.

Jessica Hull & Nozomi Tanaka with sub-4 National Records ! 3:58.81 and 3:59.19 respectively. Tanaka has taken 4.9s off her own NR at these Games!

Purrier only 6th in 4:01.00 but could go through.
    i rather suspect that some of those fabulous times will not be repeated in the final and some of the women def ran their Final today
    . Nice to see after so much fearful negativity. Soon be back to the DL and who knows what we may see.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by alfie View Post
    Up and down day. Obviously sad to see KJT pull up just as she appeared to be on for a really fast 200 ... But I guess this was always a big risk given het build up . Well done her for giving it everything and putting herself in a good position before the injury - which thankfully isn't an achilles ! I'll say it now : three years time she will win in Paris.

Bird a NR - can't ask more. Jodie into the final and a great PB : anything more now is a bonus. Miller a very creditable sixth. And Muir safely into her final.

So actually a rather good day ...

Decathlon interesting. Warner out in front but Moloney doing a great job in second ...Aussies having a good athletics games if not yet hitting the medals : might be one in this ?

De Grasse got an excellent gold ... delighted for him. The Yanks were thereabouts but not the result they were expecting.

Nearly forgot Pozzi getting into the final too - was too swept up in excitement over that wonderful 400h final.

All in all a very enjoyable day . More please ...
    alfie, will Muir medal in the 1500m in your view.??

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    football world wide...don't we just know it but there are countless Area comps with superior quality players; World Cup, Euros, Copa America, Africa Cup; we don't need the frigging soccer for cheating players and millionaires; we already have it.!!

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    It is a much more global sport than it used to be, and that is why it is so much harder to win medals.

• alfie
    replied
    Up and down day. Obviously sad to see KJT pull up just as she appeared to be on for a really fast 200 ... But I guess this was always a big risk given het build up . Well done her for giving it everything and putting herself in a good position before the injury - which thankfully isn't an achilles ! I'll say it now : three years time she will win in Paris.

Bird a NR - can't ask more. Jodie into the final and a great PB : anything more now is a bonus. Miller a very creditable sixth. And Muir safely into her final.

So actually a rather good day ...

Decathlon interesting. Warner out in front but Moloney doing a great job in second ...Aussies having a good athletics games if not yet hitting the medals : might be one in this ?

De Grasse got an excellent gold ... delighted for him. The Yanks were thereabouts but not the result they were expecting.

Nearly forgot Pozzi getting into the final too - was too swept up in excitement over that wonderful 400h final.

All in all a very enjoyable day . More please ...

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Stew-Coach View Post
    Only just seen the result and video of that hurdles race!!!

This Track, Those Spikes and whole bunch of talent!

Really really looking forward to the 200 later and more hoping they step up!!! Being very underwhelming so far IMO in the 2. Womens 4 I think Jodie can run low 50.x and make it through in 2nd (fingers crossed)
    Jodie had a belief and it was great to see.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Football's pretty worldwide....

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by trickstat View Post
    Interesting that the biggest throwers in each group of the JT qualifying were from India and Pakistan respectively which is very unusual.
    great ! now that we have a possible medallist from India in the Jav, we can say track and field is the only worldwide sport in the Olympics. Great and so much more relevant than the stuff on the TV this last ten days, which has included sport/ pastimes from a few countries only.Purely a TV media event.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X