No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympics day 6: Wednesday 4 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank heaven for my streaming app. You fellows complain about BBC but the TV station here is ignoring athletics at present and showing on its two channels - golf and skateboarding ☹

Comment

• trickstat
      trickstat commented
      Editing a comment
      Trying to cover a broad demographic?!

Van der Plaetsen not enjoying his morning there.

Comment

• trickstat
      trickstat commented
      Editing a comment
      Those coming into the decathlon with hamstring issues are often found out in the most unforgiving way in the LJ.

Andy Pozzi sneaks into the 110H final as an FL.

Comment

Delighted for Pozzi

Comment

Pozzi seems to be an Ujah - rarely looks that threatening but rarely truly terrible like some others. Still, in the context of this week, getting into the final is one of our better results! 🤣

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
          SprintRelayFan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I’d say final was top end of my expectation for him and semi for king so they’ve both done well

Originally posted by marra View Post
        Pozzi seems to be an Ujah - rarely looks that threatening but rarely truly terrible like some others. Still, in the context of this week, getting into the final is one of our better results! 🤣
        Yeah pleased for him after not making it past this stage in Rio and of course eliminated in the heats in London.

Comment

KJT over 1.80 at second try. Still haven't actually been able to see her jump...

Comment

Interesting that the biggest throwers in each group of the JT qualifying were from India and Pakistan respectively which is very unusual.

Comment

51.46 another WR - Muhammed really pushed McLaughlin. Bol breaks Pechonkina's ER.

Comment

400m Hurdles really has gone bonkers over the last few years.

Comment

Another fantastic hurdle race. Another WR... Fancied McLaughlin but wasn't at all sure when Muhammed got out to that lead...Came home brilliantly on the run in : great race 👍

Comment

KJT is struggling a little in the HJ with 2 failures at 1.83.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but Bol comes across a lot more respectful of her competition than Benjamin did yesterday

Comment

Has KJT been injured - I noticed some comments implied she had had problems. Javelin looks to be a decent standard. Walcott and YEgo are noticeable for not making the finals having previously won medals. Maybe time is catching up with them. Amazing 400h final again. It seems to be a quick track and/or their shoes seem to have some technical advantage!

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfan View Post
                          Has KJT been injured - I noticed some comments implied she had had problems. Javelin looks to be a decent standard. Walcott and YEgo are noticeable for not making the finals having previously won medals. Maybe time is catching up with them. Amazing 400h final again. It seems to be a quick track and/or their shoes seem to have some technical advantage!
                          Yeah didn't she rupture her achilles late last year

Comment

Working...
                          X