Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Rojas almost jumped out of the pit there.... that looked like a 15.80 jump... but it was well over the plasticine too.

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    commented on 's reply
    Fair point on the SB, and I know he has had issues, but he's a much smarter athlete than he showed today. I don't think it's unfair to be honest about that - He has the talent and smarts to be in finals regularly.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I think he may have been wondering where people were as he was unaware of the Amos/Jewitt fall.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    I think Giles did the sensible thing in taking it out, just not quite enough.

I suspect we'll see a protest and nine in the final. Pity none of them is British.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    replied
    Sad for Giles. No one took it out, he did everything he could and ran a 1:44.7 solo but not quite enough. He'd have made it in Heat 2...

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Welp, that's it for one of our "best" events heading into these Olympics. No men make it into the final. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    commented on 's reply
    And he looked back with just a few metres to go. not sure why. Hopefully an FL place

• Runny
    commented on 's reply
    At least he went for it.

• Christy93
    replied
    Fair play to Giles, he did what he had to do there, just didn't have the legs. Can have no complaints. Rotich looks very classy, Tuka tactically brilliant as ever.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    All three 800 semis were pretty messy for one reason or another. Unless there's a transcendent talent like Rudisha, never bet on the Men's 800 !

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    replied
    Giles no juice in the straight.

Leave a comment:

• marra
    replied
    Geez, some of you guys are hard taskmasters. Rowden ran a SB and beat some more favoured athletes. Yes, it was possibly a missed opportunity but he's a relatively inexperienced athlete at championships still.

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    commented on 's reply
    I'd say so. He'd get on the shoulder everytime on the circuit, seemed intimidated out of it and happy to sit off the back for too long, then had to stay inside and hope as he'd left it too late. Tactically very bad.

• Runny
    commented on 's reply
    He did - he held back and got boxed - he needed to follow the American around the outside to get a clear run in.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    A dreadful day for my Prediction contest - predicted winners Lopez and Ivanyuk out in short order.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X