Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 (+1) - Athletics Programme - July 30th to August 8th - Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Don't. Record it (on both channels) and watch at your leisure fast forwarding through the rubbish. I don't think Colin Jackson is there this year anyway if that's any comfort.

• fchd
    commented on 's reply
    We get it.

You don't like the BBC
    You don't like the USA
    You don't like the IOC
    You don't like football
    You don't like rugby
    You don't like "minority sports"
    You don't like our athletes doing well
    You don't like other posters talking up our athletes

You don't have to make the same moans time and time again in virtually every thread.

• Grassmarket
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty sure the Japanese officials were to blame though. The same thing almost happened in the second heat, but the athletes noticed.

• philipo
    replied
    Anybody justifying the bbc s coverage is soft in the head or works for that now well overrated mob.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Runny
    Wtf are you talking. The bbc covered the swimming amazingly. I saw all the heats they showed and the semis.Spent lots of time listening to the chat stuff on bbc.
    Some of the early heats maybe not, but all significant stuff I saw. Must have my own private channel 😄

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Basically because of the time zones and American TV networks like NBC twisting the IOC's arm to get the timetable altered so that the prime-time viewing of big swimming and athletics finals will be favourable for North American audiences. That's why they have morning finals sessions in Tokyo.
    That we have known about for a long time. Because the USA goes into nationalist hysteria every olympics, and money is the driving force of all this world wide sport and pastimes the nasty taste in my mouth gets more and more pronounced. In a strange way I will be pleased when all this stuff is over. The IOC is one one of the most shit bodies in the world but very smart.
    Roll on next year with the WC and CG. Not to mention the DL races after the games are over.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post
    US 4x400m Mixed Relay team reinstated after their initial DQ.
    Reinstated. What a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    replied
    US 4x400m Mixed Relay team reinstated after their initial DQ.

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I like diamond a lot. Clark seems to be getting back to her best form too

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    There are editorial decisions at play with only 2 options available. Personally I was keeping an eye on the Athletics but I got quite engrossed in the Rugby and the Football and I can understand why they were prioritised, especially given the GB involvement. The BBC are not going to keep everyone happy. This forum would prefer Athletics to take priority of course but there are plenty of others in the country who would have been quite happily watching the Football

I am sure going forward that a lot more Athletics will be shown. Whilst Eurosport you can see it all live - you do have to put up with the insufferable Martin Gillingham on commentary.

• Ladyloz
    replied
    Originally posted by alfie View Post
    My sympathies to those of you struggling to view the events you want... Australian TV is also annoying despite having two channels most of the time ; but we are fortunate enough to also have a streaming app they have made available (free !) on which almost anything can be found with a little bit of chasing around. Only problem is what to watch when several desirable events are on at once . Huge advance on past Olympics. Do you fellows not have anything similar ?
    At recent games, BBC have had extra channels/streams which were obviously available for Free. They are now limited to showing events on just 1 of their Channels & 1 extra Red Button Stream.
    There are extra Streaming options available but this is from Eurosport/Discovery - people have to pay separately for these which is what's causing some disquiet

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Jogger
    Sorry I didn't check the timetable until now, but I caught if from the Beeb, but one of the neutrals events of the champs, men's 400m hurdles, is going to be in the early hours??? Knowing me, I won't get up, and with my (lack of) self control and BBC spoilers, I will know the result before I see it. Why is it in the morning session, rather than evening like normal? Are there other morning finals?
    Basically because of the time zones and American TV networks like NBC twisting the IOC's arm to get the timetable altered so that the prime-time viewing of big swimming and athletics finals will be favourable for North American audiences. That's why they have morning finals sessions in Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• Runny
    commented on 's reply
    Try going back to buying a newspaper - you’ll get all the results in one place, a day later. Much easier and more cost effective. 😉

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jogger
    Sorry I didn't check the timetable until now, but I caught if from the Beeb, but one of the neutrals events of the champs, men's 400m hurdles, is going to be in the early hours??? Knowing me, I won't get up, and with my (lack of) self control and BBC spoilers, I will know the result before I see it. Why is it in the morning session, rather than evening like normal? Are there other morning finals?
    what ever is in the morning is down to the TV/ IOC . The dictatorship of the money bags.Here to stay , sadly.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Alfie, our women crashing out of football. You joke; I have just had a great belly full of Soccer, for a month thanks.The country goes mad !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X