Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 (+1) - Athletics Programme - July 30th to August 8th - Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe she didn't like the food supplied?

I believe quarantining athletes were still allowed to train out of their rooms.

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    Steeple: Phil Norman dead last in his heat apart from the DNFs. Was it worth showing up? At least Zak Seddon made an effort even if it didn't pay off. The third heat was a really exciting finish with a great run by the Finn, Tom Raitanen.

HJ: Barshim looked really good, I wish I'd picked him in the predictions contest instead of Ivanyuk. Pleased to see Tom Gale making the final. I'd like to see him get a PB there...

Okoye fouled out and Sophie just not good enough on the day. Disappointing.

100 heats: some startling times. Very good PB from Daryll Neita and also great NR from Del Ponte. I'm a bit worried about DAS, who seemed unimpressive, but she seemed happy afterwards, and it was the first heat before half the contenders decided they needed sub-11 in the first round. Sorry to see Ahye back after her ban.

800 heats: all our women through OK, no real surprises. Mu was helped by being on the inside lane I think.

400h: interesting to see Samba beating young dos Santos. Warholm and Benjamin both looked very easy.

5000: Poor Eilish. Hassan had to run fast in that heat, with a lot more races to go. Jess Judd and Amy-Eloise just not quite at that top level. Andrew Cotter still can't pronounce Yasmin Can's name right: it's not like a tin can, it has a squiggly it on the c which means it's pronounced Chan.

Surprisingly we managed to make the mixed relay final, and got a NR, although admittedly it's not been run that often. Good leg from Emily Diamond in particular.

WTF was that blatant illegal pacemaking by Kissa in the 10K final?
    Great thoughts but beware that your observationss arent disapproved of by the group think crowd.😄😄

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Oh forgot to say I like it when we do well and we win medals: you clearly have trouble reading my posts silly twerp wont be too many of those that's why its top 6.
    Last edited by philipo; 30-07-21, 21:55.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Fchd
    I dont give a damn for your thoughts fortunately. You forgot one more thing I dont like your thoughts who ever you are. It's called free speech.

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I found that astonishing. 4 kilos Is nearly 9lbs. Was she quarantined with no food whatsoever?

• Ursus
    commented on 's reply
    Ref McKinna weight loss, who does she think she is, Reece Prescod?

Despite that she was only 80cm shy of her PB and even that would only have got her the last qualifying place.

She’d have hoped for better but I think that was a respectable enough performance. Unlike Okoye.

• treadwater1
    commented on 's reply
    Not strictly accurate, all of the swimming finals have been scheduled for the benefit of the American market, the vast majority of other events have had their finals at a time which is more convenient for the world / European market - even the Biles ones

• treadwater1
    commented on 's reply
    The swimming schedule has been largely unimpeded as all the finals have been in the morning session when there was/is less of a logjam with other popular sports. The heats have been on around midday our time, the Beeb have shown much less of them, hence why the heats of certain athletics events have been given second billing

• treadwater1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jogger
    So frustrating for Elish as I think she would have made it.

I'm not impressed with Eurosport for going to an advert break in the middle of the race though (I switched to the football out of protest and it was back to the race when I switched back so I might have missed more than I needed to!)
    There’s another Eurosport stream with commentary and no adverts, this is online though

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    in fairness to Sophie Mckinna, apparently she had spent 6 days in isolation and lost 4 kilos... not ideal preparation.

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    I do think if she’d been in a later heat, she would have pushed more in line with the others, but I’m hoping she’s being sensible and managing the rounds

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    I hope so.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Occasional Hope I don't know why you are so worried about Dina's form in the opening 100 m heat. She looked relaxed, calm and composed, while the American next to her was going flat out throughout. Expect a lot, lot faster in the semi-final.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    Tbh, whilst that might be the case, the athlete does need to take some responsibility - every other athlete worked it out in both heats!

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Steeple: Phil Norman dead last in his heat apart from the DNFs. Was it worth showing up? At least Zak Seddon made an effort even if it didn't pay off. The third heat was a really exciting finish with a great run by the Finn, Tom Raitanen.

HJ: Barshim looked really good, I wish I'd picked him in the predictions contest instead of Ivanyuk. Pleased to see Tom Gale making the final. I'd like to see him get a PB there...

Okoye fouled out and Sophie just not good enough on the day. Disappointing.

100 heats: some startling times. Very good PB from Daryll Neita and also great NR from Del Ponte. I'm a bit worried about DAS, who seemed unimpressive, but she seemed happy afterwards, and it was the first heat before half the contenders decided they needed sub-11 in the first round. Sorry to see Ahye back after her ban.

800 heats: all our women through OK, no real surprises. Mu was helped by being on the inside lane I think.

400h: interesting to see Samba beating young dos Santos. Warholm and Benjamin both looked very easy.

5000: Poor Eilish. Hassan had to run fast in that heat, with a lot more races to go. Jess Judd and Amy-Eloise just not quite at that top level. Andrew Cotter still can't pronounce Yasmin Can's name right: it's not like a tin can, it has a squiggly it on the c which means it's pronounced Chan.

Surprisingly we managed to make the mixed relay final, and got a NR, although admittedly it's not been run that often. Good leg from Emily Diamond in particular.

WTF was that blatant illegal pacemaking by Kissa in the 10K final?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X