Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 (+1) - Athletics Programme - July 30th to August 8th - Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post

Okoye is mainly muscle, low on technique, NMs are more likely with that combination. I hope he sticks with the sport
    3 no throws. Impressed ? his technique allowed some 60 plus throws this year so his performance was poor.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    Originally posted by marra View Post
    Were they fouls for not getting in the quadrent or fouls because distance was awful and he stepped out?

Either way, it's not a good lookl to come to a major games and not even register a distance.
    Okoye is mainly muscle, low on technique, NMs are more likely with that combination. I hope he sticks with the sport

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    commented on 's reply
    Alex Bell was out of the auto Q by 0.003! Luckily no harm done.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    He'll be about 36 then. Not that is particularly old for a discus thrower.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    And all was right with the world again. Congrats to Gale for making the Olympic final.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Alex Bell missed 3rd by 3/1000ths but comfortably made it on times.

• marra
    replied
    Yeah, they updated it thankfully. Anger subsiding. And good news from both him and the 800m women after a shaky start to the day.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    replied
    Tom Gale now showing as qualified here: https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...cation/summary

Phew.

Also, all three women into what will be some loaded 800m semis.

Leave a comment:

• CAML
    replied
    Okoye will now go off and do his own thing, come back in 2028 for the Olympics, as British no 1, richer than Croesus. Some might say today was karma.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Still no qs showing - an official needs to speak to the results elves!

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Has to be a mistake

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Mine isn't showing any qs.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by marra View Post
    This is confusing. The results page is showing him without a q. But surely they can't do that?!?
    I saw that too... Surely, if Gale has achieved the same height as the others, then even if it took more attempts, he should be qualifying with them

If he *hasn't* qualified, I hope the GB team management lodges a protest of some kind. That's an injustice if he's not in the final.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Surely a mistake on the website - they should go to the next height, but usually just take 13 when it is this close rather than waste everyone's time. If he is out without having 3 attempts at 2.30m that is a total travesty

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    No he can't be eliminated without being allowed to attempt 2.30. They will just take 13 through.
Working...
X