Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PREDICTION CONTEST - Tokyo 2020NE Olympic Games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Here's the ingebritsen link btw
    https://twitter.com/AthleticsWeekly/...380788736?s=20
    Schippers has pulled out of the 100 as well, in case that affects anyone's predictions.

    Comment


    • LoveSprints1
      LoveSprints1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I can't imagine that Schippers was in anyone's top 3 in 2021. Great that she is still competing though but she is no SAFP.

  • #17
    I've tried posting mine but it's both been unapproved and disappeared.

    Comment


    • #18
      LoveSprints1 , there's two issues with your Part 2 ...

      W 3000SC - There's no Demewoz entered M 5000 - Gebrhiwet isn't entered

      Latest entries, as of 26 July, are at the link in the comments.
      Last edited by LuckySpikes; 28-07-21, 13:51.

      Comment


    • #19
      Originally posted by JamieSLA View Post
      I've tried posting mine but it's both been unapproved and disappeared.
      Don't panic. If you're logged in you'll see your Unapproved post with a green background. Copy and paste it into a new post.

      Comment


      • JamieSLA
        JamieSLA commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks mate

      • JamieSLA
        JamieSLA commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not playing ball, i'll try again tomorrow!

    • #20
      Still some nail biting but tomorrow am I have to make up my mind.

      Comment


      • #21
        If when I get my predictions out tomorrow I get the dreaded unapproved I will set it out again, even in separate sections. I am quite hopeless at copy and paste stuff. Fingers crossed.

        Comment


        • #22
          Although Melak and Mengeshe are down to compete for Ethiopian in the 5K, I read that the chaotic fight between their Olympic committee, interested only in medals, are at war with their selection authority who based their choices on the Trials in Hengelo..
          Apparently Edris and Gebrehiwet have been selected for the 5K, even though they did not qualify for the 5 K. I will stick with the choices as shown to be competing officially; why do WA allow this dishonest shenanigans. This info comes from Letsrun. com. It certainly may screw up ones predictions.Why cannot Kenya and Ethiopia behave in a transparent way.?? Are they going to be allowed to just turn up and WA turn a blind eye. Lucky, any observations???




          Comment


          • #23
            Given the problems people are having with AW's ridiculously over-sensitive anti-spam measures, I will allow people to make edits to their predictions in a new separate post. It just means I'll have to be a bit more organised in recording entries.

            Yes, philipo , shenanigans indeed! If it does transpire that Ethiopia do change their teams after our Contest closing time I will allow some extra editing of predictions on the day for those distance races affected. If that does happen, contestants will need to stay up to date with posts on this thread in order to not miss their chance to edit those predictions.

            Comment


            • #24
              JamieSLA and anyone else who finds their entry isn't approved ... If you're not successful close to the closing time (early Friday morning 12.50am), you can Private Message your entry to me via https://forum.athleticsweekly.com/member/29-luckyspikes and I'll do my best to post it on your behalf.

              What a palaver, eh?!

              Comment


              • #25
                PPREDICTION CONTEST TOKYO 2021


                Part 1
                Top 6 British athletes

                Women

                DAS 100m
                DAS 200m

                Hodgkinson 800m
                Muir 1500m
                Sember 100m Hurdles

                Great Britain 4x100m Relay
                Great Britain 4x400m Relay

                Men

                Hughes 100m
                Giles 800m
                Kerr 1500m
                Wightman 1500m

                Great Britain 4x100m Relay

                Part 2 and 3


                M 10000m Kejelcha Kiplimo Barega 26m.38 secs
                M Discus Stahl Ceh Weisshaidinger 68.92m
                M High Jump Nedaseku Barshim Ivanyuk 2.37 m
                M 100m Bromell Baker De Grasse 9.79secs
                W 100m Hurdles Camacho Quinn Harrison Amusan 12.34secs
                M Long Jump J. Harrison Tentoglu Hashioka 8.51m
                W Discus Allman Peres Perkovic 68.90m
                W 5000m Hassan Tsegay Obiri Teferi 14m 15.2 secs
                W Long Jump Reese Brume Mihambo 7.11m

                M 400m Hurdles Warholm Benjamin Dos Santos 46.74 secs
                W 800m Mu Amanza Rodgers 1m 56.80 secs
                W 200m Jackson, Miller Uibo Asher Smith Thomas 21.79secs
                W 3000m Steeple Chepkoech Kiyeng Coburn 9m 00.10 secs
                M 800m Dobbek Rotich Lopez 1m 43.60 secs
                M Hammer Fajdek Kokhan Winkler 82.09 m
                M 400m Norman Gardiner Zambrano 43.61 secs
                W Pole Vault Sidorova Morris Nageotte 4.95 m
                M Decathlon Warner Mayer Scantling 8901 points
                M 5000m Katir Gebrehiwet Ahmed 12 m 42 secs
                W 400m Miller Uibo McPherson Jonathas Paulino 48.90secs
                W Javelin Hussong Malone, Lyu Huihui 66.90m
                M 4x100m Relay USA, Japan G.B. 37.10 secs
                W Marathon Kosgei Ichiyama Chepngetich 2 hrs 24 min.7 secs
                W 4x400m Relay USA Jamaica Poland 3 min 18.10 secs

                Tie Breaker GB PBS 6

                Comment


                • MysteryBrick
                  MysteryBrick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No Bradshaw for top 6 is interesting. I'm inclined to agree with you on Katir.

              • #26
                i picked 4 athletes where Hassan and Miller Uibo were concerned and may not turn up. I have seen that the Ethiopians sem to break rules and have chosen Gebrehiwet for m 5000m. Bit off the wall on that event.

                Comment


                • #27
                  Part 1 - British Top 6 placings
                  Men
                  CJ Ujah 100m
                  Elliot Giles 800m
                  Josh Kerr 1500m
                  Jake Wightman 1500m
                  Callum Hawkins Marathon
                  Lawrence Okoye Discus
                  Men's 4x100m

                  Women
                  Dina Asher-Smith 100m
                  Dina Asher-Smith 200m
                  Jodie Williams 400m
                  Jemma Reekie 800m
                  Keeley Hodgkinson 800m
                  Laura Muir 1500m
                  Eilish McColgan 5000m
                  Cindy Sember 100mh
                  Holly Bradshaw Pole Vault
                  Jazmin Sawyers Long Jump
                  Women's 4x100m
                  Women's 4x400m

                  Part 2 - Predict the Medalists
                  M 10,000 - Kiplimo, Barega, Kejelcha, Cheptegei 26:53.00
                  M Discus - Stahl, Ceh, Weisshaidinger 70.33m
                  M High Jump - Nedasekau, Harrison, Ivanyuk 2.37m
                  M 100 - Bromell, Simbine, Baker 9.82
                  W 100 Hurdles - Harrison, Camacho-Quinn, Amusan 12.35
                  M Long Jump - Harrison, Tentoglou, Echevarria 8.52m
                  W Discus - Perkovic, Perez, Allman 69.72m
                  W 5000 - Hassan, Tsegay, Obiri, Taye, McColgan 14:24.47
                  W Long Jump - Reese, Mihambo, Spanovic 7.04m
                  M 400 Hurdles - Warholm, Benjamin, dos Santos 46.96
                  W 800 - Mu, Reekie, Hodgkinson 1:56.55
                  W 200 - Asher-Smith, Thomas, Jackson, Miller-Uibo 21.74
                  W 3000 Steeplechase - Kiyeng, Chepkoech, Coburn 9:06.11
                  M 800 - Lopez, Murphy, Korir 1:44.15
                  M Hammer - Fajdek, Winkler, Nowicki 82.34m
                  M 400 - Norman, Zambrano, James 43.86
                  W Pole Vault - Nageotte, Sidorova, Bradshaw 4.85m
                  M Decathlon - Warner, Mayer, LePage 8855
                  M 5000 - Kiplimo, Katir, Gebrhiwet, Wale 12:57.89
                  W 400 - Miller-Uibo, McPherson, Hayes, Paulino 49.11
                  W Javelin - Andrejcyk, Hussong, Lu 69.57m
                  M 4 x 100 Relay - Jamaica, Great Britain, USA 41.65
                  W Marathon - Chepngetich, Kosgei, Salpeter, Chepchirchir 2:23:12
                  W 4 x 400m Relay - USA, Jamaica, Great Britain 3:18.64

                  British PBs - 14

                  This is most definitely subject to an edit tomorrow...

                  Comment


                  • LuckySpikes
                    LuckySpikes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dammit! With Lopez I hoped to win the honorary award for Best Medalist Pick. Oh well, my women's Jav bronze medalist will have to do that instead!
                    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 29-07-21, 01:40.

                • #28
                  Originally posted by philipo View Post
                  PPREDICTION CONTEST TOKYO 2021


                  Part 1
                  Top 6 British athletes

                  Women

                  DAS 100m
                  DAS 200m

                  Hodgkinson 800m
                  Muir 1500m
                  Sember 100m Hurdles

                  Great Britain 4x100m Relay
                  Great Britain 4x400m Relay

                  Men

                  Hughes 100m
                  Giles 800m
                  Kerr 1500m
                  Wightman 1500m

                  Great Britain 4x100m Relay

                  Part 2 and 3


                  M 10000m Kejelcha Kiplimo Barega 26m.38 secs
                  M Discus Stahl Ceh Weisshaidinger 68.92m
                  M High Jump Nedaseku Barshim Ivanyuk 2.37 m
                  M 100m Bromell Baker De Grasse 9.79secs
                  W 100m Hurdles Camacho Quinn Harrison Amusan 12.34secs
                  M Long Jump J. Harrison Tentoglu Hashioka 8.51m
                  W Discus Allman Peres Perkovic 68.90m
                  W 5000m Hassan Tsegay Obiri Teferi 14m 15.2 secs
                  W Long Jump Reese Brume Mihambo 7.11m

                  M 400m Hurdles Warholm Benjamin Dos Santos 46.74 secs
                  W 800m Mu Amanza Rodgers 1m 56.80 secs
                  W 200m Jackson, Miller Uibo Asher Smith Thomas 21.79secs
                  W 3000m Steeple Chepkoech Kiyeng Coburn 9m 00.10 secs
                  M 800m Dobbek Rotich Lopez 1m 43.60 secs
                  M Hammer Fajdek Kokhan Winkler 82.09 m
                  M 400m Norman Gardiner Zambrano 43.61 secs
                  W Pole Vault Sidorova Morris Nageotte 4.95 m
                  M Decathlon Warner Mayer Scantling 8901 points
                  M 5000m Katir Gebrehiwet Ahmed 12 m 42 secs
                  W 400m Miller Uibo McPherson Jonathas Paulino 48.90secs
                  W Javelin Hussong Malone, Lyu Huihui 66.90m
                  M 4x100m Relay USA, Japan G.B. 37.10 secs
                  W Marathon Kosgei Ichiyama Chepngetich 2 hrs 24 min.7 secs
                  W 4x400m Relay USA Jamaica Poland 3 min 18.10 secs

                  Tie Breaker GB PBS 6
                  Lucky I made a typo mistake and I intended to add Bradshaw in the Top 6 Brits.I will not edit in case I get a unapproved. Can you accept my addition of HB ?

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    http://forum.athleticsweekly.com/member/29-luckyspikes
                    Please add Bradshaw to my top 6 Brits.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by philipo View Post

                      Lucky I made a typo mistake and I intended to add Bradshaw in the Top 6 Brits.I will not edit in case I get a unapproved. Can you accept my addition of HB ?
                      Yep, that's fine.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X