• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    marra

• marra
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post
    I dont do flag waving Marra.I leave that posters like .....
    You were literally gloating about our medals compared to other nations less than 10 posts ago in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• marra

• marra
    replied

Wtf is your absurd flag waving or anybody's for that matter got to do with ones views on the European Union which was voted out by the country. Marra just stick to your flag waving fanaticism. After you talked a bout your " patriotism" in an earlier post it is clear to me that your idea of patriotism. is not necessary everybodies.Wonder if I may do better than you in the prediction contest.πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    I do not believe a soul on AW site who believed with reasoned argument that GB would win the number of medals that we have won and come a likely fifth.
    If we're talking about absurd non-sequiturs, what does one's views on the EU remotely have to do with a sporting competition?

I was simply pointing out the utter hypocrisy of gloating about our medal haul compared to other countries when you've spent most of the Games repeatedly telling us (wrongly) how poorly GB would medal.

And when you are repeatedly wrong on something - and others are proven correct repeatedly - perchance the lack of "reasoned argument" lies with the person who is wrong all the time, no?

Leave a comment:

• philipo

• philipo
    replied
    I dont do flag waving Marra.I leave that posters like .....

Leave a comment:

• philipo

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by marra View Post

Considering how critical (and wrong) you've been through the fortnight about our medal chances in Tokyo, pretty ballsy move to come out with this kind of "flag waving" now...
    Wtf is your absurd flag waving or anybody's for that matter got to do with ones views on the European Union which was voted out by the country. Marra just stick to your flag waving fanaticism. After you talked a bout your " patriotism" in an earlier post it is clear to me that your idea of patriotism. is not necessary everybodies.Wonder if I may do better than you in the prediction contest.πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    I do not believe a soul on AW site who believed with reasoned argument that GB would win the number of medals that we have won and come a likely fifth.

Leave a comment:

• Taffy2
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
    Great Britain are now just 10 medals short of matching their total in Rio... I'm frankly amazed that we've done so well. 18 golds now too.
    They have performed brilliantly.

Leave a comment:

• marra

• marra
    replied
    Anyway, I have to get back on a normal sleep schedule now, so made the decision to skip last night's action live and watch it this morning.

Kate French produced a master class in the Mod Pen. Creditable from Jo Muir as well - she didn't have a great time in the fencing but performed well elsewhere. I see the horse lottery broke the chances of the poor German.

At the velodrome a creditable bronze for Jack Carlin. With the dominance of the Dutch I think anything more would have been very unlikely.

Finally - take a bow Katie Archibald and Laura Kenny. I've been watching track cycling for around 30 years and I don't recall seeing such a dominant display. Absolutely destroyed some top quality teams. That's potentially GB performance of the entire Games for me.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket

• Grassmarket
    replied
    British medal hopes are by no means fading away this last two days. Yafai in the boxing, Joe Choong in the Modern Pentathlon, Tom Daley in Diving, Men's Madison, Team Show Jumping, Men 1500m & Women 4x400m are all live prospects.

22:00 Athletics Women Marathon Medal Final
    22:30 Golf Women Round 4 Medal Final
    02:00 Beach Volleyball Men Bronze Medal Final LAT v QAT
    03:30 Beach Volleyball Men Gold Medal Final NOR v ROC
    03:30 Men Basketball Gold Medal Final FRA v USA
    03:37 Canoe sprint Women Canoe Double 500m Medal Final
    03:53 Canoe sprint Men Canoe Single 1000m Medal Final
    04:00 Baseball Bronze medal Final DOM v KOR
    04:19 Canoe sprint Women Kayak Four 500m Medal Final
    04:37 Canoe sprint Men Kayak Four 500m Medal Final
    05:30 Men Volleyball Bronze Medal Final ARG v BRA
    05:40 Women Water Polo Bronze Medal Final HUN v ROC
    06:00 Boxing Men Fly Gold Medal Final
    06:15 Boxing Women Fly Gold Medal Final
    06:45 Boxing Men Middle Gold Medal Final
    07:00 Diving Men 10m platform medal final
    07:15 Boxing Women Welter Gold Medal Final
    07:20 Rhythmic Gymnastics Individual All Around Medal Final
    08:00 Women Basketball Bronze Medal Final SRB v FRA
    08:30 Women Water Polo Gold Medal Final ESP v USA
    08:55 Track Cycling Men Madison Gold Medal Final
    09:00 Men Handball Bronze Medal Final EGY v ESP
    10:15 Wrestling Men Freestyle 65kg Medal Matches
    10:15 Wrestling Men Freestyle 97kg Medal Matches
    11:00 Baseball Gold Medal Final USA v JPN
    11:00 Equestrian Jumping Team Medal Final
    11:30 Artistic Swimming Team Free Routine Medal Final
    11:30 Modern Pentathlon Men Laser Run Medal Final
    11:35 Athletics Women High Jump Medal Final
    11:45 Athletics Women 10,000m Medal Final
    11:55 Karate Women Kumite Plus medal Final
    12:00 Athletics Men Javelin Medal Final
    12:00 Men Basketball Bronze Medal Final SLO v AUS
    12:30 Men Football Gold Medal Final BRA v ESP
    12:40 Athletics Men 1500m Medal Final
    12:55 Wrestling Women Freestyle 50kg Medal Matches
    13:00 Men Handball Gold Medal Final FRA v DEN
    13:15 Men Volleyball Gold Medal Final FRA v ROC
    13:30 Athletics Women 4x400m Relay Medal Final
    13:50 Athletics Men 4x400m Relay Medal Final

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket

• Grassmarket
    commented on 's reply
    It’s going to be two heats & a final, each of which takes about 90 minutes. No-one quite knows how it will work, the format will premiere next season.
  • carterhatch

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    marra
    marra, what changes? Adding skateboarding?
  • marra

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    Mystery - which is why, in its infinite wisdom, the IOC is considering completely revamping the format for 2024....makes you shake your head.
  • marra

• marra
    replied
    Germans,french and even the Italians miles behind uk with their 200 million population. Up the EU...right upπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    Considering how critical (and wrong) you've been through the fortnight about our medal chances in Tokyo, pretty ballsy move to come out with this kind of "flag waving" now...
    marra
    Last edited by marra; 06-08-21, 17:51.

Leave a comment:

• Dundee42

• Dundee42
    commented on 's reply
    It's always one my favourite events to watch at the Olympics. Packed full of drama and Twista and turns, and horsey tragedy.
  • RunUnlimited

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    I'd heard it was bad previously, but thought that it was just a case of the horse refusing a few jumps and costing Scheu some points... But when the camera switched to her about to start her ride and she was CRYING before they'd begun, then it dawned on me what a bad situation she was in... which was then confirmed by the horse walking backwards for several minutes before Scheu eventually got it going, and it just got worse and worse from there.

It was clear that Scheu knew that horse, no matter how much "bonding" they did before the ride, was not going to cooperate at all.
  • MysteryBrick

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    The way the event is set up is fantastic competition and also entertaining. First across the line wins, as it should be.
  • alfie

• alfie
    replied
    Re that MP : the Lithuanian lass ran brilliantly. French set a new Olympic record , winning by 15 points ; but it was actually her PB swim , 14 points better than the silver medallist , that was decisive.

Of course I suspect she had a little up her sleeve had she been challenged in the run to the line : but it shows the importance of each discipline - especially your weaker events.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X