Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taffy2
    replied
    So hopkin scratched from the 50 to concentrate on the mixed medlay final?

Can somebody post tomorrow's timetable please?

Leave a comment:

• alfie
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post
    who swam in our male medley relay heat posters?
    Greenbank Wilby Guy and Scott

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    who swam in our male medley relay heat posters?

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    When viewing different channels of the same broadcaster you never know whether it's better to switch between them to try and find what you want or to stick with one channel in the hope that they will eventually show it.

• philipo
    replied
    How many times do i have to see the rugby sevens ; first i watch the last 30 minutes on Channel 601 and when its finished i change over to BBC and lo and behold a few minutes later more of the same Fiji v Aussie match which i just saw when Fiji beat the Aussies.
    Looks likewe will see lots of recorded athletics and i will not be bothered to sit all day waiting to see if they bother to show some recorded highlights.
    Whats the betting that you wont see live the full 10 K.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    commented on 's reply
    It seems that most of us suspected the truth - there was a split in the camp between the “all must have prizes” school & the “do what it takes to win” approach.

JONATHAN MCEVOY IN TOKYO: The East German coached gold medal crews at every Olympics he attended since 1972 - a record without equal in the history of the sport.

And I don’t expect Kath Grainger to sort it out, at the moment UK Sport seems firmly in the hands of the political Quangocrats rather than the success-oriented sports.

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by marra View Post

Better than expected by you maybe...

Incidentially, my predictions for GB overall are currently twice as accurate as those by the prediction company you were talking about earlier in the thread. Just saying....
    They predicted a final tenth place for GB at the end and we will do better; Marra you are so modest!
    So its good that we did better in the swimming than expected by me or others. perhaps . Except you . How many medals did you forsee in individual swimming events. I would like to know. We won two individuals, great. You are not" just saying", you are boasting and when you get it wrong will you say so?
    Dont spoil your usual excellent and informative . posts

Leave a comment:

• Laps
    replied
    GB doing well in the sailing. 10 classes. Current positions - 1st x 2, 2nd x 4, 4th x1, 6th, 10th, 12th.

Medal races, two a day, start tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Taffy2
    commented on 's reply
    This reminds me of Beijing we the women finalists and so close , but no medal. Hopefully some of them can rectify that in 2024 as the 2008 class didnt manage to. I'm not referring to Addlington , but 5 or 6 others from 2008.

• marra
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post
    THE men are better than expected:that's why we will finish with medals slightly up. Well done Duncan.my hope for the women a little down. I fear my main women hopes left their best in euros
    Great by Greenbank.
    Better than expected by you maybe...

Incidentially, my predictions for GB overall are currently twice as accurate as those by the prediction company you were talking about earlier in the thread. Just saying....

Leave a comment:

• alfie
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the women have been just a little disappointing. Not rubbish , at all - plenty of finalists : but they haven't generally been able to lift the extra bit needed to get in the finishes. Think Renshaw will be the most regretful although there were some terrific performances in her event. Men have been very good. Hopefully more to come ?

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by drobbie View Post

hes sdtill got the 4 x 100 medley relay
    Duncan has been outstanding

Leave a comment:

• alfie
    replied
    Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    The headline is sobering ... 'Great Britain failed to win an Olympic rowing gold for the first Games since 1980 as the men's eight crew took bronze in the final race of the Tokyo 2020 regatta.'

It has clearly been a very disappointing regatta for Team GB. Frankly listening to Katherine Grainger, and others, makes me worry that any deep review will get distracted by highlighting, a plethora of 'plucky 4ths'. What we need is Sir Steve Redgrave returning from running Chinese rowing, and his winning mentality ...
    I don't think failures will be swept under the rug : Grainger knows what she's doing. And she has already made the point that this team was a rather inexperienced one at this level - just 8 who had been to a previous Olympics. No question they'd have still hoped for much better results but I think it is fair to say some stars have retired or had their day and this was to some extent the start of a rebuild. I'd wait and see what happens over the next Euros and WC.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Taffy2 View Post
    so we have the 6, with hopefully 3 or 4 more to come ?
    THE men are better than expected:that's why we will finish with medals slightly up. Well done Duncan.my hope for the women a little down. I fear my main women hopes left their best in euros
    Great by Greenbank.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Katherine Grainger is a sporting great, of that there is no doubt, but she is now a 'politician' as Head of UK Sport and that return of medals from public money is poor, and that needs to be said by the one person who is absolutely best placed to say so, on TV, as a pundit, as one of our greatest Olympians in that vey sport under performing, and, now, as the person 'in charge' of sport funding. I am not 'ignoring the good things' but saying the way it is - very poor return at this Olympics, very poor historically, and needs a leader of the calibre of someone who is willing to grasp the tiller, and not enjoying a very well paid job at a quango that has abandoned medals as a priority... so we, marra, will have to agree to disagree, but I hope you are right about Paris, and that I am still here for you to tell me I told you so...
Working...
X