• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    RunUnlimited

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Taffy2 View Post
    Wow this german rider must be fuming
    Oh man, I'm just seeing that German ride now.... holy crap! This is tragic. How terrible for her!

How did that horse even get into the selection at all? It looked like a barely feral horse that had only had been ridden on for the first time the previous day....

Leave a comment:

• Taffy2
    replied
    Wow this german rider must be fuming

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Natalya Coyle from Ireland, who was 4th in the standings, also gets a dud horse, which refused several of the jumps.... At the end of the ride, Coyle went to the side lines and got off the horse as quickly as possible, barely able to hide her disgust at her rotten luck.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    And the horse riding part of Modern Pentathlon takes down the world #1 from Hungary.... the horse refused a jump twice and the rider only just avoided getting dq'd by trying to go over the jump a third time.

Leave a comment:

• alfie

• alfie
    replied
    Have to feel for that German lass : out in front and then she simply could not get her horse to do what she wanted... Think she probably panicked a bit at first and of course that just made it worse. The one questionable part of the MP : if you draw the wrong horse you can be blown right away. Cruel luck.

From a biased GB point of view I guess it gives Kate French a much better chance...she is within 15 points of the lead now and I think she's a rather good runner...

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Kate French in the position she likes best in the run/shoot, got a bit to make up but has all the others in sight.

Leave a comment:

• Taffy2
    replied
    GB have had a great games,, hopefully more to come. I see the stats companies are revising their predictions again. Yes we have underperformed in rowing and athletics, but over events have been amazing.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    You complain about being called out for posts and then you come out with absolute dross like this. Oh well, at least it was only a single one, not six single line posts in a row...

• Iain27
    replied
    Disaster for the German, Annika Schleu, in the modern pentathlon - she was leading by quite a way after two events, but drew a dud horse and is now out of the competition.

Leave a comment:

• philipo

• philipo
    replied
    Germans,french and even the Italians miles behind uk with their 200 million population. Up the EU...right up😄😄😄

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Jack Carlin gets the bronze medal in the sprint, well done!

Leave a comment:

• alfie

• alfie
    commented on 's reply
    The fluorescent yellow helmets were a nice touch too...
  • trickstat

• trickstat
    replied
    Cunning plan that they've done a number of training races with the male development squads to practice and hone their tactics while the pandemic has rumbled on.

Leave a comment:

• alfie

• alfie
    replied
    Talk about totally dominating a race ! Laura and Katie just blew their rivals away from the start ... and even finished with the final sprint just to emphasise their control. Almost a "perfect score" as I think they only missed 7 possible points over the whole race.

I said the other day Laura might outdo her husband this time .He does still have the Keirin : but she has the Omnium to come 😀

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by trickstat View Post
    Laura Kenny and Katie Archibald are going to emphatically win the inaugural women's Madison barring disaster.
    The Dutch and Danes and Italians can have the time trials and sprints... Team GB seems to have focused on the more general skill track cycling events this time around... and it's showed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X