FEEDBACK NEEDED re specifics of our Olympic Prediction Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

I can't get on to the Olympic or Tokyo2020 sites at the moment, but the lists aren't final on the WA website ... e.g., Ethiopia still have 4 athletes listed for the Men's 3000SC.
    Lucky when I looked over the weekend Ethiopia had 4 entrants for the long distance events. Must check the appropriate site this evening.

Comment

As of now i have looked with care at the Ethiopiant teams and can say that they have 4 athletes down for the womans10,000 metres and 4 athletes down for the men's 3,000 metres steeplechase. So alterations to the Ethiopian team will be needed very soon.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        Sifan Hassan still seems to be down for the triple too. Ambitious to say the least if she goes through with it.

Originally posted by philipo View Post
      As of now i have looked with care at the Ethiopiant teams and can say that they have 4 athletes down for the womans10,000 metres and 4 athletes down for the men's 3,000 metres steeplechase. So alterations to the Ethiopian team will be needed very soon.
      The Mens 3000SC starts on the 30th July, while the Womens 10000 isn't until the last day of track action, 7th August.

Does anyone know how far in advance the final declarations for each event need to be made?

Comment

Thanks to everyone who voted. The outcome is clear (although I did tally the votes just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me) ...

So, we'll be predicting Top 6 British finishes and also the 1-2-3's and winning marks for 24 events.

I appreciate the suggestions such as 'predict the 1-2-3 for 24 events and the winning marks for the other 24' but I don't want to overcomplicate it.

I will use carterhatch's idea for the tiebreaker though.

Although a couple of posters were clamouring for the Race Walks to be included in the selection of 24 events, there were a couple of others saying that they wouldn't thank me if I did. Also, as someone who does follow Race Walking quite closely, by including them in the 24 events I think I might have been seen to be trying to boost my own chances! Therefore, I won't include them in the selection of 24 events.

This Friday or Saturday I will post the actual thread that lays it all out. The closing time for contest entries (no edits allowed after that!) will be 12.50am on Friday 30th July, ten minutes before the first athletics action starts.

Comment

• Laps
          Laps commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really we'd just copy his picks.

• carterhatch
          carterhatch commented
          Editing a comment
          Shhh....Laps... I am planning on doing that with Phillipo's entire selection

• Walsh7
          Walsh7 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm doing the Dutch contest, and the 50k Men's Walk is very difficult to predict. The medalists should come from this group of people: Diniz, Toth, Muruo, Dunfee, Kuwano, Yadong, Katsuki, and Tongda. It's difficult to analyze because they don't race very often. I may just have to draw names from a hat for this event.

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
        Thanks to everyone who voted. The outcome is clear (although I did tally the votes just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me) ...

So, we'll be predicting Top 6 British finishes and also the 1-2-3's and winning marks for 24 events.

I appreciate the suggestions such as 'predict the 1-2-3 for 24 events and the winning marks for the other 24' but I don't want to overcomplicate it.

I will use carterhatch's idea for the tiebreaker though.

Although a couple of posters were clamouring for the Race Walks to be included in the selection of 24 events, there were a couple of others saying that they wouldn't thank me if I did. Also, as someone who does follow Race Walking quite closely, by including them in the 24 events I think I might have been seen to be trying to boost my own chances! Therefore, I won't include them in the selection of 24 events.

This Friday or Saturday I will post the actual thread that lays it all out. The closing time for contest entries (no edits allowed after that!) will be 12.50am on Friday 30th July, ten minutes before the first athletics action starts.
        Lucky, I think that this year you will have great fun selecting those events that are particularly tough to call, with as many as 8 athletes in some events that could be said to be potential medallists.No doubt those events are well in your sights.😃

Comment

Working...
        X