Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    His dad had a beard and I suspect Jackson's already shaving!

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    On a similar theme, Emily Owen is ranked 4th in the UK in 2022 in the under 15 100m. She is the daughter of former England striker Michael. I believe her older sister appeared on Love Island.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Freakish physical specimen!

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I think Bershawn Jackson's son (would be younger than Shawnti) featured on a Youtube video a while back running a spectacular indoor 200m relay leg.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    A very large chip off a big block!

• CAML
    replied
    Jackson Cantwell, the son of Christian Cantwell and Teri Steer, two Olympians, who at 13 has thrown the 4kg shot 19.07 and 1kg discus 60.73. He's already 6'8 and 260lbs, and equally precocious at basketball and American football.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post
    Had this idea for a thread a couple of days ago & trickstat gave me the title. A thread dedicated to news items or marks of about young athletes starting out who are children of famous athletes from <ahem> years some of us remember rather better than last week. There’s quite a few about.

Mykolas son of Virgilius, going to European & World U20s with a new discus U20NR of 69.77

?
    You read it here first! Well, probably after I myself read it in one of LuckySpikes’ posts.

But there is now also a Martinas Alekna, on the Baltic circuit at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Shawnti Jackson - got bronze in the W100m.

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Time to revive this! New year, new crop!

Bershawn Jackson’s daughter (don’t know the name) competing in Cali per Rob Walker.
    Bob Weir’s daughter Jillian competing in the Hammer in Brum for Canada.
    Last edited by Grassmarket; 04-08-22, 12:07.

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    commented on 's reply
    Cameron's death has been confirmed as suicide. His family have issued a heartbreaking message: https://abc13.com/cameron-burrell-de...star/10949386/

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Very sad indeed.

• Ursus
    commented on 's reply
    Whatever the cause that’s just tragic.

• JamieSLA
    commented on 's reply
    Absolutely devastating news. Due to the nature of responses it seems to be pointing at one thing, I hope there will be better support for athletes off the back of this. RIP young man, was talented.

• LoveSprints1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ursus View Post
    Leroy Burrell mentioned yet? Married an OG gold medalist in the 4x100, son Cameron has a 9.93 clocking and sister Dawn was a world indoor champ in the LJ with a 6.98 PB.

Sadly the Brightwell / Packer marriage only managed to spawn a couple of pro footballers, although their other son was a reasonable 400m runner.

And sitting in 106th place in our all time decathlon rankings is Adrian Hemery whose Dad was unquestionably great.
    So sad to learn of Cameron Burrell's death. How awful for the family. Found this article just from last year: https://m.scooper.news/sl/2020/10/05...amily/11817446

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Not a blood relative, but wouldn't her aunt by marriage be multiple Olympian and former 400m World Champ Jearl Miles-Clark.
Working...
X