Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chips off the old block - Children of the great

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martina Weil (CHI) improved her 400m NR at the weekend to 51.67 at the Belgian Club Championships.

She is the daughter of 1992 Olympic 400m medalist Ximena Restrepo and also Gert Weil, a Chilean Shot Putter who was a multiple South American Championships & South American Games gold medalist in the 80s and 90s (20.90 PB; Best global results - 6th at both the 1988 Olympics and the 1993 WCh and also a pair of 6th places at World Indoor Champs).​

Comment

14 year old Jackson Cantwell 415lb bench press. In the process of converting to rotational from the glide, he had a recent warm up of 20.45m with the 5.45kg(12lb) shot

Comment

Sonia O’Sullivan’s daughter Sophie: already a Euro medallist at the u-18s, has made the upcoming NCAA finals at 1500m..

Comment

Originally posted by Grassmarket
          Noticed yesterday that young British cyclist Lukas Nerurkar did really well on his senior debut….any relation to marathon runner Richard? It’s hardly a common name, but I couldn’t find anything about it.
          Lukas gets a hugely prestigious win in the U-23 Giro d’Italia, racing against guys three or four years his senior.

Comment

Patricia Silva (POR), 23yo and a 2:00.07 800m athlete, is the daughter of Rui Silva, 1500m PB of 3:30.07, the 2001 World Indoor champion and winner of many other medals at World and European level.

Comment

A tenuous connection to this thread title I admit but ... British tennis player, Billy Harris, is currently trying to qualify for Wimbledon [final round as I write now] - his brother is Joe Harris, Javelin thrower [15th on the UK 'All Time' list]

Comment

Catching up with the U-20s - a Tomaš Dvorak going in the 110m H who I’m guessing is…..there were Tomaš senior’s twin Dvorakova daughters in the heptathlon in the U-20s a few years back but they don’t seem to have progressed through yet.

Comment

Winner of the 10,000m walk in Jerusalem, Fredrick Weigel is son of Multiple Olympic medallist and 1983 World 50km Champion Ronald Weigel. Ronald took the silver medal in the same event at the 1977 edition. Father was also notorious for his membership of the STASI whilst be a competitive athlete. He later coached in Australia at the AIS.

Comment

• Grassmarket
                    Grassmarket commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, that was the DDR system. Not just doping, but half the team were spying on the other half.
                Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎