Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philipo
    replied
    Hope you posters who have commented on the Richardson case have read on LR Forum the detailed response by the top chap at WADA, Witold Banka, to ill informed American political comments about SR being the subject of racism
    . We now know that the Americans have had a major and disproportionnate influence on all matters relating to the WADA code at every step and, particularly appertaining to the rules on the use of cannabinoids ; Banka's letter shows what a bunch of political fools jump on every bandwagon to burnish their political credentials and show themselves as ignoramuses on the details of every aspect of WADAs rules and how they are arrived at on the aforesaid matters. .Well worth the read !!
    The bit that catches the eye is in the LAST para of his response, in which he states that in the USA 90 % of all pro -ball sports and more importantly 90 % of all college sports do not carry out and support the testing rules and regulations inherent in the WADA Code; thus we can say that we are unable to vouch for American track and field being clean( which i dont anyway) So much for NCAA athletic prowess.

How noticeable that Gary Hill that self proclaimed dictator of all things on their Forum stopped posters talking about SC misbehaviour and shuffled off discussions elsewhere .At least i note that quite a few LR posters reckon that she should have been given a much longer punishment but the mothers death was used to good account by social media.

Leave a comment:

• Pierre Johansson
    commented on 's reply
    First of all, it's midsommar. If you're going to try to be funny at my expense, at least try to get it right. Secondly, you shouldn't defend people when they are unfairly attacked by contemptible people like "philipo" and "RunUnlimited"?

• Sprintfan
    commented on 's reply
    Time to get some perspective Pierre. Still suffering from mid-somar madness?

• Pierre Johansson
    commented on 's reply
    Pure and utter bullcrap, "drobbie". He whines about "capitalism", Americans and the United States, "racism", "McCarthyism", "fascism", "imperialism", and all the other stuff the far-left says it's against (most of the times they are themselves racists, McCarthyists, fascists, etc. but that's a whole 'nother story). Just because he's awful doesn't mean you can push him away from your side of the political aisle.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieSLA View Post
    add alcohol to the list as well.
    ISTR Ivan Ukhov got in trouble for showing up drunk to a meeting once. Of course as it turns out he was on other stuff as well

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Also not keen on people wanting to change the rules/list only when it inconveniences someone they like...

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    Tbh I don’t give a fig about whether it’s a just or unjust ban. There’s lists, stick to them. If it says don’t eat apples, don’t eat apples

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Should cigarette smoking be banned as it is surely just as dangerous. Fortunately 99 per cent athletes dont smoke .

Leave a comment:

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think many are really judging her for using weed. I think most people who actually care about the sport are judging her for breaking the rules that all subscribe to in the interests of competition and - perhaps more than anything else - are annoyed at the outcry that has come (mostly from those outside the sport) who want to see those rules ignored.

• JamieSLA
    replied
    I think she should still be banned as 'rules are rules' - however, it needs to be looked at and scrapped. Or add alcohol to the list as well.

I really feel for her, how on earth can we get on our high horses as a community and basically be like "i'd never do that"

From what I know, not an easy ride for the girl, was probably exposed to weed like most of us are introduced to alcohol at an early age, thus removing most stigma; losing any family member is enough for someone to momentarily go "f*ck it" for a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Stew-Coach
    replied
    Perhaps though a good lesson, these things have immediate consequences and knock on effects too

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, she can't train with the team during her suspension which would make including her a bit risky.

• Paps
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn't have thought shed be allowed to train with the team during her suspension and there's a limit to how much real work can be done once the champs begins and people are racing. 1 or 4 would seem to make the most sense from a baton safety point of view. Given that the start is probably the weaker part of her race, 4 seems logical.

Can't believe I'm siding with Mitchell... it's a sad day

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    I believe they're a bit more flexible on relay squads than they are with solo spots anyway.

• jjimbojames
    replied
    It worries me that they were contemplating breaking their own rules for her, but at least the relay coach was holding firm on leg choices

Leave a comment:

Working...
X