Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Dude, Warholm almost broke Schonlebe's European indoor record twice, which is a much more difficult one to break than his outdoor record, so I can very well believe that he could go sub-44.3 in the flat, absolutely.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Totally agree.

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    It’s crazy how people keep talking about RB’s upside based on his flat speed, yet assume KW must be much slower. If KW ran a flat race in good conditions right now, I’m sure the ER would go - I think his outright PB was set indoors a few years ago

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    Sam plans on sticking with the dec and should be back to it next year. The 4H have been suggested to him for many years, trust me! He also has potential to just focus on the LJ, but I think a full year of focus on the dec is needed to see where he is first

• Paps
    replied
    Can you imagine what he could do if he could run 14s at the end instead... that damn right leg!

Leave a comment:

• Paps
    commented on 's reply
    Just because Warholm moved form one to the other, I don't think we should presume its an easy or natural switch. Talbot's pb is only just under 50. Obviously he'd improve that focussing on a single event, but there's a world of difference between having experience at it and showing the potential to be competitive at a 400H.

Worth noting that sighting the hurdle plays a much more important part than the quality of the hurdle clearance, so there's no assurance that his sprint hurdling would translate over. We also don't know what his "other" leg is like - Warholm gets away with 1 leg, but would have had the world record long before if he could have managed a single hurdle on his right.

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    It might well be the case he plans a return to decathlon, he certainly showed great potential, but, is this where UK Athletics might exert some influence. It's a long way to world class mutl events for him, and I am not sure he has the speed to excel at sprint hurdles, but he clearly has good technique over the sticks, speed endurance (no stranger to 400s), and with Warholm showing what could be done, could some judicious funding encourage young Sam to think about giving the event a try. For me, its a good example of a naturally gifted athlete just needing to find the right event to excel.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    @caterhatch
    Personally, I'd wait to see Sam Talbot have a full winter of training behind him and see what he's planning for next year. He might still have a notion of giving the multi-events another try. If it doesn't work out for him though, then perhaps converting into the short or long hurdles might be on the cards.

• trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post

yes definitely. a 2 to 2.4 difference is pretty normal. 44.30 at best. Brilliant.
    Which would remove Schonlebe's European Record.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Warholm had a background in decathlon, did he not? I noted Sam Talbot has returned to athletics, he ran a PB in the sprint hurdles at the champs, I wonder if he would be any good at 400h, if he didnt return to full decathlon, might he be persuaded to give it a try...
    Last edited by carterhatch; 02-07-21, 08:47.

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    i wonder what Warholm could do in a flat 400?

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    His touchdown at hurdle 5 was 20.1, and he hit 200m in 21.7 or so, which is frankly staggering.

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    I wonder what Warholm might have run in those perfect sprinting conditions in Eugene last weekend ... 46.4??
    yes definitely. a 2 to 2.4 difference is pretty normal. 44.30 at best. Brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Walsh7 View Post

Maybe we can stick Rabah in the 400 meter hurdles. What could possibly go wrong?
    Everything.....

Leave a comment:

• Walsh7
    commented on 's reply
    Love your British humor!!
Working...
X