Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warholm!!!!

I just love that man. 46.70 is insane.

That was awesome. Not bad for his first 400H of the year.

I remember Ed Moses 5th hurdle touchdown was often about 21.0. It looks like Warholm was about 20.5!

Comment

Fabulous. I love that he got it in Oslo too.

Comment

Would have got him 5th in the flat 400 at the UK Trials.............

Comment

• MysteryBrick
          MysteryBrick commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't...

• Walsh7
          Walsh7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your British humor!!

A privilege to watch; hope Warholm thrashes Benjamin in Monaco and Tokyo.
        A new NR from McColgan; all credit for sticking with it. Well done Eilish.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trickstat View Post
          UK selectors would still put Martyn Rooney on the anchor leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogger
            Brilliant run, I had a feeling he would do it, but I still couldn't believe it until he crossed the line. It's been coming the past few years too. It should be a great race with Benjamin in Tokyo.

As a side note, there can't have been many times where the men's and women's world records have gone in the same event closer together than this after Mclaughlin's record last weekend? Or am I too young to really remember?
            Last time that happened was about a year; Gunnell in Stuttgart in 1993 previous year was of course the WR in Barcelona.

Comment

Love Warholm. Amazing for him to do it in front of a home (albeit COVID limited) crowd. You can feel the tension and excitement beforehand.

Comment

Great run by Warholm, but like the women's record from last weekend I don't think it will last until the end of the year.

@Jogger: the 100m records were broken on the same day in 1983 by Calvin Smith and Evelyn Ashford.

Comment

I know Ed Moses' era largely coincided with the time of the women's 400H becoming an established champs event and there being quite a few women's records, but I am pretty sure that both records never went as close together as a month. I think there was a women's record in 1983 when Moses ran his last WR but the women's record was before the World Champs and Moses' record was after.
                  Last edited by trickstat; 01-07-21, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by beergut View Post
                    Great run by Warholm, but like the women's record from last weekend I don't think it will last until the end of the year.

@Jogger: the 100m records were broken on the same day in 1983 by Calvin Smith and Evelyn Ashford.
                    Yes, at the altitude of the USAF academy at Colorado Springs.

Comment

I wonder what Warholm might have run in those perfect sprinting conditions in Eugene last weekend ... 46.4??

Comment

• carterhatch
                        carterhatch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i wonder what Warholm could do in a flat 400?

Originally posted by trickstat View Post
                      Maybe we can stick Rabah in the 400 meter hurdles. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Walsh7 View Post

Maybe we can stick Rabah in the 400 meter hurdles. What could possibly go wrong?
                        Everything.....

Comment

• carterhatch
                          carterhatch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It might well be the case he plans a return to decathlon, he certainly showed great potential, but, is this where UK Athletics might exert some influence. It's a long way to world class mutl events for him, and I am not sure he has the speed to excel at sprint hurdles, but he clearly has good technique over the sticks, speed endurance (no stranger to 400s), and with Warholm showing what could be done, could some judicious funding encourage young Sam to think about giving the event a try. For me, its a good example of a naturally gifted athlete just needing to find the right event to excel.

• Paps
                          Paps commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just because Warholm moved form one to the other, I don't think we should presume its an easy or natural switch. Talbot's pb is only just under 50. Obviously he'd improve that focussing on a single event, but there's a world of difference between having experience at it and showing the potential to be competitive at a 400H.

Worth noting that sighting the hurdle plays a much more important part than the quality of the hurdle clearance, so there's no assurance that his sprint hurdling would translate over. We also don't know what his "other" leg is like - Warholm gets away with 1 leg, but would have had the world record long before if he could have managed a single hurdle on his right.

• jjimbojames
                          jjimbojames commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sam plans on sticking with the dec and should be back to it next year. The 4H have been suggested to him for many years, trust me! He also has potential to just focus on the LJ, but I think a full year of focus on the dec is needed to see where he is first

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                        I wonder what Warholm might have run in those perfect sprinting conditions in Eugene last weekend ... 46.4??
                        yes definitely. a 2 to 2.4 difference is pretty normal. 44.30 at best. Brilliant.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                          MysteryBrick commented
                          Editing a comment
                          His touchdown at hurdle 5 was 20.1, and he hit 200m in 21.7 or so, which is frankly staggering.
                      Working...
                      X