• Show
Clear All

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Am guessing Kilty is in for his bends and experience

• Ladyloz
    replied
    Originally posted by Loop-guru View Post
    Did British athletics miss a trick for the 4x400m relay squad. Efe OKoro looked immense in the England Champs today wining his semi final in 46.29 for a lifetime pb but looks to me like he has a sub 46 in him. He looks in a much better place both mentally and physically than MHS for example.
    He probably didn't help himself by finishing 6th at trials. And then pulling out of the 400 hurdles final.

I think he would have been better to just focus on the 400 flat at trials.

Leave a comment:

• Loop-guru
    commented on 's reply
    Has anyone done any work to try and put these scores into the context of a total heptaphlon score. It might be sacriligous to say this but KJT might struggle to get above 6000 and could well finish last. Out of all the athletes she and Ben Williams are my picks to do least well. They have every right to be there and have earned their places but I would question if this is the right move for both athletes at this stage.

• Loop-guru
    replied
    In the English champs today Andrew Robertson triumphed equalling his seasons best 10.20. In second place Eugene Ama-Dadzie broke new ground running 10.21 twice (semis and final) to continue his excellent season. Similarly to my 4x400 post re efe Okoro both these guys seem to offer more for the relays than say Richard Kilty though I admit this is not quite so compelling due to the fact that Richard is at least well drilled and in any case our chances probably hinge on persuading Reece Prescod to run.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    13.55, 1.80 and 12.60 from KJT in France today

Leave a comment:

• Loop-guru
    replied
    Did British athletics miss a trick for the 4x400m relay squad. Efe OKoro looked immense in the England Champs today wining his semi final in 46.29 for a lifetime pb but looks to me like he has a sub 46 in him. He looks in a much better place both mentally and physically than MHS for example.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    A beautiful day, a big crowd and a great atmosphere at the Joensuu Games in Finland.

Ogbeta was 2nd with 13.85 behind Minenko, 14.34 I think. Salminen DNS.

Leave a comment:

• Sovietvest
    commented on 's reply
    Adam ran within 8 /100ths of tow medal contenders - De Grasse and Kerley - on a night when sprint times were relatively slow. I reckon he'll be very pleased with that.

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Afrothletics View Post
    Matt Hudson-Smith dead last in the 400m B race... not too sure he should be going to Tokyo at all.
    Join the queue who know he is totally going nowhere right now.

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ursus View Post

Possibly, given his record but no guarantees and for all his experience and championship animal credentials I can’t see him in the medals mix. He may peak where others don’t, but put simply I just don’t think he’s fast enough.

I know you can’t equate rankings to medals, but Adam’s PB dates back to 2016 and he hasn’t gone sub 20 since. This year 8 men have run faster, some much faster, than he has ever run. And all those 8 are younger than he is.

He’s a good character and I’d be delighted if he exceeded my expectations. But I can’t see anything better than 5th - 8th in the final.
    I know Adam’s not running the 100 in Tokyo, but an 8th place 10.21 won’t do much to silence the doubters or maybe much for his own self confidence.

Then again he ran exactly the same time in his last 100 before Rio, albeit into a -1.6 as opposed to last night’s +0.4. The 16 run was also a week further out from 200 final day if that makes much difference.

We’ll see.

Leave a comment:

• JamieSLA
    commented on 's reply
    I rewatch his final from Zurich 2014 often, ran 19.98 into a headwind and looked like he had more! How we've not seen Regis' record go by him or anyone I really don't know.

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Sensible to have called up Joe Brier

• Afrothletics
    replied
    Matt Hudson-Smith dead last in the 400m B race... not too sure he should be going to Tokyo at all.

Leave a comment:

• Loop-guru
    replied
    Ian Hodge has tweeted that Tom Mortimer has broken steve Ovett's Longstanding u23 record for the 3000m in 7:38:73

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Excellent from Bell. Possibly the GB performance of the night?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X