Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Morgan Lake wins the HJ but fails three times at 1.90. Not the most scintillating form prior to Tokyo, suspect she will go out in qualifying there.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like Ed did run one more hurdles, in August 2019.

But obviously less to go wrong on the flat.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Toby Harries wins the 200 in 20.8something from Andy Robertson and Tom Somers.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    His DQ was under rule 22.6.1 which, thanks to a quick G*****, means that he was trailing his leg around the side of the hurdle.

Looking at Ed's Power of 10 profile, in 2019 he went to the English Schools in the 400H and was DQ'd and appears to have never hurdled competitively since.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    They never said, but less than 51.30 because that was what the third finisher/eventual silver medallist ran. Josh got DQ (and then reinstated) in the heat too - he obviously needs to work on his discipline...

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I suspect we may have never had 5th place in a year as fast as that before.

This is despite Eilidh Child retiring this year, who probably ran under that time the most among Brits of the last decade or so.
    Last edited by trickstat; 18-07-21, 11:46.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    What was Josh's time pre-DQ? Would definitely have been a sizeable PB.

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    i would need a 'mysterybrick metric' here, but I suspect having 6 women on 56.11 or lower in a season, may be a very rare occurence, if ever. .. next season, a neater benchmark, but what price 6 sub - 56...

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Chris rounded down to 49.75, Josh disqualified.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Chris McAllister won the men's 400h in 49.77. Ed Faulds' big brother Josh was second.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    replied
    it seems very little attention is being given to the England Athletics Senior Championships ...

Ian Hodge tweeted yesterday that '16 year old Nia Wedderburn Goodison wins the England senior 100m title in 11.69. PB, great young talent'

Day 2 started ... first two in w400h both PB'd 1st Hayley Maclean 56.08 2nd nicole Kendall 56.11

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    I don't disagree with you, but if you're saying Gemili last broke 20 8 years ago, that is factually incorrect and I will correct you every time.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Last week called, they wanted their comment back.

• philipo
    replied
    Mystery
    What significance it is that Gemili ran his best and fastest races years ago is obvious except to you when he is not what he was. You are truly a fool to compare a pole vaulter with Gemili as if you have made some telling and significant point.
    Twerp.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Are you crazy? 12.60m qualifies as good for KJT, and 13.55 is only 0.2 off what was her usual run pre-Doha.
Working...
X