British Athletics Championships 2021 Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Athletics Championships 2021 Day 3

Weather improved - so lets hope that continues.

Hoping for a big six-oh for Kirsty Law!

Comment

Some stonking finals to look forward to - both 800s, the Women's Long Jump will be high class at the sharp end and if the weather is good I hope we'll see some good 200s.

Comment

I know it’s a massive ask but I’d love to see Emily Northwick get the standard as well

Comment

Nice that the Hammer is getting some time on its own, given how little we've seen of some of the field events when there's been a race on the track happening around the same time.

Comment

• carterhatch
            carterhatch commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, it is very refreshing, a little tweek of the camera angles so the viewer could judge the distance would be nice, and perhaps an 'expert' added to the commentary team for some technical insight. The pace of turnaround from individual to individual is very good, with little delay, except when adustment to cage ... otherwise, well done all...

I think there's an argument for having field events on a separate day so hey can get full coverage, even if that is online only.

Comment

Well done to Taylor Campbell for getting his Tokyo spot.

Where is Nick Miller? Can he be selected if he isn't at the trials?

Comment

• marra
              marra commented
              Editing a comment
              I read somewhere he had a medical dispensation for an injury. But given he has the distance - and only Campbell also does - can't see any reason he won't be given discretionary place if he's fit.

13.34 PB for Jenna Blundell in the hurdles, and Alicia Barrett looks to be coming back into form.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
              Occasional Hope commented
              Editing a comment
              Obviously they'll be running for third place in the final.

• MysteryBrick
              MysteryBrick commented
              Editing a comment
              In a GB context, that is a fairly decent final. Just a pity that 13.2 seems to be the barrier for most of these women, not 12.7. I wonder if it is a lack of raw speed, rather than anything else.

Slightly weird to see Holly Mills in the hurdles, and down on the start list for the HJ as well, but not in the Hept. Obviously would have been a ridiculously tall order to get the score needed but stranger things have happened...

Comment

• trickstat
              trickstat commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm wondering if her and her coach decided that one more heptathlon might get her to the Olympics but that to do so would mean she would be too fatigued to do herself justice there and hopefully there will be other opportunities to go to the Olympics.

Sophie McKinna really is a different athlete in the last couple of years. Proof, if it needed to be shown (along with Scott Lincoln) that heavy throwers don't operate on the same timelines as other events.

Comment

no Amy Hunt in the 200? Anyone else remember a certain Vernicha James, just saying... but a welcome run by Desiree Henry
              Last edited by carterhatch; 27-06-21, 13:44.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                She announced her withdrawal yesterday

• Occasional Hope
                Editing a comment
                Yes, injuries and illness and lack of training over the past year. Sad but hope she can get back to full health and come back stronger next year.

• carterhatch
                carterhatch commented
                Editing a comment
                too sad... way too sad... and we will never know the truth behind this ...as per her early season tweet post race 'not reflecting training', 'neural overload' staying up to 2 am to get an essay done ... there is far more to this change in form and I hope she gets the right support ....

Desiree Henry looked decent there! It's been a long hard road back from injury, really pleased for her.

Comment

• carterhatch
                carterhatch commented
                Editing a comment
                yes, looked relaxed and held her form ... thanks for the update on Ms. Hunt.

Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post
              Desiree Henry looked decent there! It's been a long hard road back from injury, really pleased for her.
              hopefully she can continue to improve over the rest of the season

Comment

Jodie is on fire 🔥

Comment

• drobbie
                  drobbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mitchell blake is not

only two heats in the men's 200 - there are more runners in an indoor comp! I thought Reece Prescod was doubling-up?

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                  Editing a comment
                  Obviously thought better of it after yesterday's flop.
              Working...
              X