X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melvin M Melvin
    replied
    Originally posted by Melvin M Melvin View Post

(New member, so please bear with me if this has been asked before) Is there please a video anywhere of Keely Hodgkinson's qualifying run this weekend? Thanks - MmM
    Excellent. Thanks, all of you. Can't believe this was so hard to find on Google, and on TV - Dave

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Lol I think that was me. Yeah, I mean if Muir takes the decision in the next week or so that'd be ok, but if it's a couple of days before...

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Didn't someone mention that Alex Bell had tweeted that she was 'first reserve' - so coupled to Mysterbrick's anaylsis - might there be a British Athletics' sponsored contingency? Of course, if Muir drops the 800 a day or two before the actual race, I for one will be peeved, and suggest Ms. Bell will be too.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    That'll be nice for Alex Bell

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by SprintRelayFan View Post
    However the way she took Muir apart shows how foolish it is for her to double.
    This. If you can't win the UK Champs, you're not winning an Olympic medal. I suspect she may be getting into both to then see how entries play out. If Hassan and Tsegay run the 1500m, she doubles. If they run the 5000m, she drops the 800m.

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post

What is significant is Mu's final speed. Low 49s in the 400m is impressive. If Keeley reaches the final it will be a major achievement.
    We should see if we can get her over here to run in the men's 400.
    Agree, Keeley making the final would be a big achievement. I would be astounded if she medals. However the way she took Muir apart shows how foolish it is for her to double.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Spot on.

If the conditions had been a bit more like they were yesterday, then Reekie's hard running on the second lap might have been better rewarded... but then that would just mean Hodgkinson steaming past in probably another 1:58 and bits to the championship gold.

The turn of speed from her off the bend, against the tough-as-nails, grit 'n' grind double team of Reekie and Muir, and then leaving them for dead with 50 m to go, was hugely impressive and significant.

Athing Mu vs Keely Hodgkinson is very much on at Tokyo.

Imagine they both reach the semifinals and they are drawn against each other?
    What is significant is Mu's final speed. Low 49s in the 400m is impressive. If Keeley reaches the final it will be a major achievement.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    i posted the youtube link upthread, not thinking it might need approval... I may have got away with it this time! I watched it back myself... young Hodkingson is very impressive.

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    Welcome MMM
    I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links, but if you go to BritAthletics twitter feed and scroll down it's on there.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    welcome to the forum Day 3 around 5:12:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQF...ishAthleticsTV

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by Melvin M Melvin View Post

(New member, so please bear with me if this has been asked before) Is there please a video anywhere of Keely Hodgkinson's qualifying run this weekend? Thanks - MmM
    All three days of the Champs are on the BritishAthleticsTV channel on Youtube. Now unfortunately that is going to take a bit of wading through, because I don’t think the timetables are available online anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Melvin M Melvin
    replied
    Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
    What a talent Hodgkinson looks to be, a 57s 2nd lap, coming through traffic in a messy race, is world class. Proving she has a championship racing brain again too. First British woman I've watched and thought she has a genuine shot at breaking Holmes' NR.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    She does have the 2nd fastest time by a British woman this year, admittedly just ahead of Alex Bell. So that's in her favour either way.

I just think that doubling is more of a challenge and the selectors may not want her dividing her energies. Or potentially dropping one of the two at the last minute having stopped someone else going to Tokyo.

The third spot is clearly between her and Bell, Tracey is out of contention now.

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Winning the 1500 easily would have been the expected result so I don't get this.

The 800 is her 2nd event and she isn't dominant in that event domestically and it's also a much more.competitive event. She could not have justified selection for it without running it at trials. I think she's done enough to double if she wants to, beat Bell and Tracey comfortably.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Back to Laura Muir: I think she did herself a disservice running the 800 here. If she had won the 1500 convincingly, as she no doubt would, she might have been able to put a better case for doing 800 as well than she can having finished third in the only event she ran here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X