Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    I was smiling at some of the snide comments from the morons in the chat, talkin down Dina, Gemili and basically all of British athletics for being so "bad". The proof will be in the eating at Tokyo I guess.

Leave a comment:

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    FWIW, these are my personal discretionary picks, not what I think BA will do:

100m – Zharnel Hughes, Reece Prescod
    110m H - Andy Pozzi
    800m – Daniel Rowden
    1500m – Jake Hayward
    5000m – Marc Scott
    3000m SC – Phil Norman
    Hammer – Nick Miller

100m – Daryll Neita
    200m – Dina Asher-Smith
    400m – Ami Pipi
    800m – Alex Bell
    1500m – Katie Snowden, Laura Muir
    5000m – Laura Weightman, Eilish McColgan
    100m H – Cindy Sember
    400m H – Jessie Knight
    Long Jump – Lorraine Ugen

• Christy93
    replied
    Again, not stellar times, but 23.0 into a -2.9 wind is handy. Desiree Henry has looked better with every run at Champs too, I'd be very tempted to take her as part of the 4x1, I think she is our most talented sprinter other than Dina and it looks like she has a real chance of getting back to her best. Hopefully all the injuries are behind her.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    replied
    I won't be surprised if Jodie W does a lot more than just sneak under 51 in the 400 in Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• marra
    replied
    So, this is, I think, a comprehensive list of automatic Olympic qualifiers (if they choose to do the event in Tokyo) from this weekend:

100m – CJ Ujah
    200m – Adam Gemili
    800m – Elliot Giles, Oliver Dustin
    1500m – Josh Kerr, Jake Wightman
    5000m – Andy Butchart
    3000m SC – Zak Seddon
    Triple Jump – Ben Williams
    High Jump - Tom Gale
    Discus - Lawrence Okoye
    Shot Put – Scott Lincoln
    Hammer – Taylor Campbell
    Pole Vault – Harry Coppell

100m – Dina Asher-Smith, Asha Philip
    200m – Jodie Williams, Beth Dobbin
    400m – Jodie Williams, Nicole Yeargin
    800m – Keely Hodgkinson, Jemma Reekie
    5000m – Jessica Judd
    100m H – Tiffany Porter
    400m H – Jessica Turner, Meghan Beesley
    3000m SC – Elizabeth Bird, Aimee Pratt
    Pole Vault – Holly Bradshaw
    Shot Put – Sophie McKinna
    Long Jump – Jazmin Sawyers, Abigail Irozuru
    High Jump – Morgan Lake

The following have got qualifying time/distance but didn't get top 2 here (i realise might include some who choose other events/are injured, but including everyone with standards for sake of completeness) -

100m – Zharnel Hughes, Reece Prescod, Adam Gemili
    200m – Miguel Francis, Zharnel Hughes
    110m H - Andy Pozzi
    800m – Daniel Rowden, Max Burgin, Jamie Webb, Kyle Langford, Jake Wightman
    1500m – Jake Hayward, Charlie Grice, Piers Copeland, Elliot Giles
    5000m – Marc Scott
    3000m SC – Phil Norman
    Hammer – Nick Miller

100m – Daryll Neita, Imani Lansiquot
    200m – Dina Asher-Smith, Amy Hunt
    400m – Ami Pipi, Laviai Nielsen
    800m – Laura Muir, Alex Bell, Adelle Tracey
    1500m – Katie Snowden, Laura Muir, Sarah McDonald, Laura Weightman, Eilish McColgan, Jemma Reekie
    5000m – Laura Weightman, Eilish McColgan, Melissa Courtney-Bryant, Verity Ockenden, Amy-Elouise Markovc (maybe?)
    100m H – Cindy Sember
    400m H – Jessie Knight, Lina Nielsen
    Long Jump – Lorraine Ugen, Shara Proctor

There are some people who are in/likely to be in quota positions, but have not included those for the time being as frankly I'm still not entirely sure how British Athletics are going to approach those. And I'm not even getting into relay considerations and how that might impact things, or those already selected (ie marathon/race walk etc).

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    People have such short attention spans and a total lack of appreciation of context...

If someone has a track record of getting into shape at the right time, then I give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Jodie Williams and Beth Dobbin get the 200 slots for Tokyo; obviously DAS will get the discretionary place.

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    replied
    I think Gemili would take 20.6 in to a -1.7 wind right now. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back in 20.0/20.1 shape come Tokyo, which may well get him into the final. We've been here many times before. Ujah-Hughes-Gemili-NMB for the relay.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    replied
    Odd that Harry Coppell's 5.70 is on the results as a stadium record when he jumped 5.85 here last year?

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    He does have the 20.30 UK standard. GB could end up with Gemili, Hughes and Mitchell-Blake as 3 200m runners, along with Ujah and Hughes in the 100m. That's likely your 4x100m too - Ujah > Hughes > Gemili > Mitchell-Blake.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

I watched the meeting she ran 15:05 at on YouTube. Although it was at a high school track (I think) it was called the "PT Qualifier" and was specifically set up to give opportunities to get Olympic & US Trials standards. So, presumably they'd have ensured the rail was WA-compliant. I know a lot of these pop-up meetings in the States have been using bricks as a rail on the bends, which apparently is compliant with WA rules.

I'll have to go back and re-watch it to see if I can figure out what the issue was.
    Ha, my detective work has been thwarted. It was live on Vimeo but the video has been taken down!

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Not a great time - not quite sure why he hasn't clicked this year.

SB for Mitchell-Blake but didn't quite have the time from 2019, alas.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    I think NMB could get in on rankings.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Gemili wins, should go to Tokyo based on his 2019 time, but that wasn't a great time.

Leave a comment:

• alfie
    replied
    Fine run from Mark Pearce - a bit short of the OQ but a good effort to beat the two men who have it... Considering GB hasn't had many steeplechasers making it to major games for quite a while you'd think most people (even Philipo ?) will find that mildly encouraging. Long way off the top performers , of course. But better news than the 400 ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X