No announcement yet.

British Athletics Championships 2021 Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great race. Yeah, no doubt there about the three who should go to Tokyo.

Comment

Another cracking MD race. I think all the top 3 ought to have a very decent shot at making the final in Tokyo and once you've got there..........

Comment

• MysteryBrick
        MysteryBrick commented
        Editing a comment
        Look at the World list this year - Clayton Murphy has run one great race and is class, Patryk Dobek is looking good, there will always be a few Kenyans doing something good.

But otherwise, I can see all 3 of these making the Olympic final (not saying they all will, just that none of them is an also-ran) and they're also all great racers. I can't imagine anyone would relish facing any of them.

Good run in the mens 800. Like most others, I think taking the top 3 is pretty obvious.

Comment

Like the fact that Morgan Lake is getting first-time clearances.

Comment

Did I hear possible European Championships in Gateshead in 2026? Cool.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
            Occasional Hope commented
            Editing a comment
            Wonderful conditions, no doubt

• carterhatch
            carterhatch commented
            Editing a comment
            Why Gateshead when we have the London stadium, Lord Coe's promised athletics legacy of the London 2012 Olympics ... oh, whats that you say? .

• trickstat
            trickstat commented
            Editing a comment
            We can't even get the Diamond League at London this year. Also, the Euros usually happen at about the same time as the start of the football season....

You do sometimes get decent weather at Gateshead but I think it rarely lasts as long as an international champs. Unlikely to be worse than Munich 2002 though.

He got lost in the excitement at the end, but a fairly significant PB of 1.45.93 for U23 Ben Pattison in 4th place.

Comment

• trickstat
            trickstat commented
            Editing a comment
            I noticed he looked like he might have been moving faster than anyone over the last 50m or so.

Great run by Tiffany, but what happened to Cindy?

Comment

• drobbie
            drobbie commented
            Editing a comment
            bit of a mare there for cindy

Cindy messed that up.

Comment

Originally posted by marra View Post
            Hodgkinson is such a talent.

That should be it for Muir's double ambitions. If she can't win the British trials, I don't see her winning the Olympics. Better to focus on 1500m.
            Muir has made bad decisions ,; the double is another one. A thousand times it has been evident. She has not the speed at the end and will not even make the 800 m final;

Comment

Cindy will probably still get to Tokyo.

Disappointing Emily Borthwick couldn't get the standard as we had hoped, and only finishing 3rd in the HJ.

Comment

Officially, three women in this 5000 have the 15:10 Olympic standard - McColgan, Judd & Ockenden. On the WA site Markovc is very high on the world ranked athletes without the standard ... She did run 15:05.96 a month ago near Boston but I wonder if the track or inner rail didn't meet WA specs? She has "IRT" next to that performance on her WA profile - don't know what that means. Inner Rail something?? Anyway ...

You'll probably have to have the standard here because before this weekend 44 athletes (taking into account 3 per country) have the standard and there's only 42 quota places for the event. So, unless there's a slew of withdrawals from the event, there won't be any World Ranking invitations.

Comment

Oh jeez, fractions out!

Comment

Great run by Jessica Judd.

Comment

Gutting for Markovc. Half a second away from an Olympic place but can't see how she gets there, bar some weird circumstances.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                        MysteryBrick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, I think the 5000m will be Judd, Ockenden and McColgan.

That is so unfortunate for Markovc ! Another really impressive run ... did all the work and still able to come back when challenged to get second : but a wretched half a second off the OQ...

Didn't quite know what the problem was with her previous qualifier but apparently some technical issue : I presume she won't be able to get in through the :invite" system so will miss out when she arguably deserves to be on the plane.

Good for Ockenden though and I won't begrudge her joining Judd and McColgan. Judd was a worthy winner anyway.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                        MysteryBrick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Markovc was also less than a second off in the 10000m!

• trickstat
                        trickstat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It reminds me a little of 2004 when I was officiating at the 10000 trials at the Watford BMC meeting and Hayley Yelling missed the 10000 standard by 0.14!
                    Working...
                    X