Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    yes and quicker than 50.8 or 50.9 something.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    The Muir/Reekie situation is intriguing. While perhaps it seems that the more experienced Muir has more right to doubling, the alternatives in the 800 are stronger than the 1500 at the moment.

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Philipo even by your standards that's ridiculous. We are talking about spots in the relay squad here not individual selections.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    To expand on my comment - you're saying the person who has just finished 4th in the UK 400m championships, in a time that ranks her 5th in the country this year, does not deserve a relay place for a team where you typically select 6 women to allow for flexibility in selecting heats and finals?

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    She will definitely be in the squad. I think it will be Jodie Williams, Yeargin, Pipi, Hannah Williams, Laviai Neilsen, Jessie Knight, Jessica Turner spread over the two relays.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Who put 10p in the eejit?

• philipo
    replied
    Nonsense. Fourth with no quality time. Did pbs which is not so amazing when you have been aiming for such a situation. You think she deserves a relay place. Well the selectors better listen to you

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    commented on 's reply
    Keeley was amazing yesterday, but Athing Mu is still in a different league and the clear favourite for the Olympic crown unless she falls over after her 1:56.07. Both 19 year old's have speed and stamina. Mu just has a lot more speed. My first prediction is that she'll run 1:55 something in Tokyo.

• LoveSprints1
    commented on 's reply
    She earned her place in the squad with a 4th place finish and two significant PBs over the weekend. With a mixed relay she should get a run out.

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    I am in a minority here but I'd pick Muir to double. I would prefer to trust her and her coach on this. I also prefer going with the trials result unless there is a very good reason. Bell and Tracey were not close to Muir so haven't done enough to justify their selection.

Weightman is a class above everyone including McColgan at her best but she has clearly had problems this year. Before her injury announcement this week she had only run one other low key race which is unusual for her. Sadly I don't think she is fit enough sadly. Not sure why Eilish didn't turn up.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Weightman got injured this week not sure about mccolgan. I woulldnt be keen on Laura doubling. I don’t think she’s shown enough

• Sprintfan
    replied
    Id like to see Hannah Williams added to the relay squad..i dont think she has finished improving her performances

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    Muir has indicated that she wants to double in Tokyo, I think it’s fairly significant she’s said so publicly as it puts pressure on BA to select her. She has run 1:58.4 this season against Bell’s 1:58.5 but has the third place today, so it looks highly likely she’ll get the third place. Tough on Alex Bell (and the others who stood a chance)

Did Weightman and McColgan both pull out thinking they’d both get the discretionary pick? What could have been a very difficult situation for the selectors may have been made easier by Markovc missing the standard. I’d like to see Laura W given a chance after that excellent 5k in Monaco last year

Leave a comment:

• painisthepurifier
    replied
    Talking about Keeley, she does seem to be able to run well off any pace. For example, when she ran the indoor world U20 record in Vienna, the bell was reached in 57 something with Keeley not far behind the leader. Of course, she is so very young, and so Tokyo will be a great learning experience. One final thought. The Doha Diamond League was Keeley's most disappointing performance of late and I wonder if the intense heat was to blame. With that in mind, making sure she has time to acclimatise in Japan will be very important.

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I wondered about taking efoloko as part of the squad, he had a great weekend. What’s the timing relative to u23s?
Working...
X