Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proctor out of the long jump

Comment

No Shara Proctor in the LJ. I wish this had been timetabled earlier when we would have seen more of it.

Comment

• drobbie
        drobbie commented
        Editing a comment
        i think they will fit it in, its the 2 5000 metres walks now

Shara Proctor DNS in the LJ - that will make it easier for competitors and selectors alike ... and Phillipo will love the composition of this line-up
      Last edited by carterhatch; 27-06-21, 13:08.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
        MysteryBrick commented
        Editing a comment
        Still too much melanin for him.

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        Think it was meant as a sarky comment about the para athletes who philipo also doesn't like

Gemili really slowed at the end but looked a lot better than he has all season.

Comment

Safe to say Gemili, even not at his best, looks comfortably quicker than everyone else there.

Comment

• carterhatch
          carterhatch commented
          Editing a comment
          If I could gift a medal to one athlete it would be Gemili ... surprised Kilty chose 200 over 100. I suspect the selectors will find it hard not to include him in the relay - no matter the outcome of the 200.

• marra
          marra commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree re Gemili. If I were a suspiciously minded person, I would say Kilty has been told that there's a spot running the first leg of the 4x100m for him, so 200 practice would make sense. Given his indoor pedigree, you'd expect him to be one of the best out of the blocks after all.

If someone could gift Jazmin Sawyers 6 inches of height, she could jump 7.30m... Amazingly explosive athlete.

Comment

• carterhatch
          carterhatch commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, a lovely talented athlete. I stood next to her at an indoors comp in Lea Valley. some years back, and my admiration for her distances increased exponentially...

Women's javelin feeble by world standards, but at least the winner managed a PB.

Comment

What a lovely heart warming reaction to a javelin thrower getting a PB ...

Comment

• marra
            marra commented
            Editing a comment
            I could be wrong, but I took it to be a reference to the other athletes celebrating with her, rather than a criticism of your comment!
            Last edited by marra; 27-06-21, 13:34.

• MysteryBrick
            MysteryBrick commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, it was great to see everyone celebrating with her.

• carterhatch
            carterhatch commented
            Editing a comment
            Occasional Hope - our comments must have crossed - I agree with you entirely that our Javelin standards are feeble ... and I know you were being complimentary...

I say again, British Athletics do themselves no favours with having back to back 'race walking' in the middle of the schedule.

Comment

• marra
            marra commented
            Editing a comment
            I've no problem with it myself - gives more exposure to race walking, allows some focus on the field events and also provides a gap between heats/final for some of the events like the hurdles/200m without a session gap.

• carterhatch
            carterhatch commented
            Editing a comment
            I take your point about the 'gap' explanation, and more focus on field events, but to a casual viewer watching one man going round and round . on his own, does not make for compelling viewing. To me it is British Athletics trying to 'engineer' their agenda... [edited for additional comment]... and as if to make my point they've not shown one moment of the women's race walk...until the eventual winner gets to the last 200m ...
            Last edited by carterhatch; 27-06-21, 14:18.

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
          I say again, British Athletics do themselves no favours with having back to back 'race walking' in the middle of the schedule.
          Tom Bosworth very wise to rely in his own watch, rather the the stadium cliocks!

Comment

LJ taking a while to catch fire. Jaz and Lorraine can do much better than this.

Comment

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              .. and of course... we have an interview with an official (Joanna Coates CEO UKA) while action takes place. not acceptable ... 'we put athletes first'
              Last edited by carterhatch; 27-06-21, 13:59.

• Grassmarket
              Grassmarket commented
              Editing a comment
              Fair enough, but even that is a million times better than the usual GabFest!

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              very true Grassmarket, and Tim Hutchins did 'apologise' for the distraction ... dont get me wrong I want these officials asked probing, difficult questions (which to be fair someof them he asked were), but at the appropriate time ...

LJ distances not outstanding but a nice competition. Do they dare leaving one of the 3 active here out for Proctor?

Comment

• Occasional Hope
              Occasional Hope commented
              Editing a comment
              Depends what the final result is, I think. I think Lorraine and Jaz with 6.90 jumps this year would be fairly safe for the third place if finishing third here, but Abigail might be more at risk. Depends also why Shara pulled out.

At last, 6.73 for Jaz is much more like it. One more round, I think?

Comment

Delighted for Jaz. Like Gemili, just an athlete that always seems to have a bright outlook and that you want to see do well.

Fair play to Abigail as well. Performed well on the day. Ugen for me over Proctor for spot 3 - better SB and pretty similar PB, albeit not the same track record in championships. Plus, useful to have an emergency relay anchor lol.

Comment

6.75 for Jaz. Good for her, she seemed to be plateauing at 6.60 odd for the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                X