British Athletics Championships 2021 Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No stadiums south of birmingham.??
    What a shame. They took the cash from the olympic stadium money bags and of course CP does not exist. Never mind you can always enthuse about that great stadium where a DL is due in few weeks time.

Comment

Jeez, these are some loaded women’s 400m heats!

Hah, these are the drawbacks of computerised cameras!

Comment

Chapeau to Hannah Wiliams ! Didn't forsee that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
          Chapeau to Hannah Wiliams ! Didn't forsee that performance.
          nielsen did not look good, hopefully she can sort it out in the final

Comment

This w400m final is going to be an absolute cracker if the weather plays ball - the lowest ranked is Hannah Williams (10th in the UK) and she just ran a PB in the heat. Seven women under 52 this year, when only 40 British women have broken 52 in history. I think it is very likely that this is the deepest field we've ever had in a UK final.

Comment

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              agree it is going to be a must watch final - if they get the camera work right !

Jeez, how often do you see a false start DQF in a 400m race?

MHS out! Poor, poor guy.

Comment

Thanks to the bizzare camera work we do not see MHS 'pull up', so thats very unfortunate, but we also say good bye to Rabah Yousif chances of making the relay, I would think ...
              Last edited by carterhatch; 25-06-21, 19:34.

Comment

MHS is developing a habit of pulling muscles in important races....

Comment

Martyn Rooney - well, that’s a great career over.

OK mate, you’ve earned your rest.
                  Last edited by Grassmarket; 25-06-21, 19:40.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                    MysteryBrick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It looks like it, and what an incredible servant to British athletics he has been. Olympic finalist, European Champion, relay medals in the Olympics, Worlds and European Championships. Rooney on anchor in the mix was one of the great sights to behold!

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
                  Thanks to the bizzare camera work we do not see MHS 'pull up', so thats very unfortunate, but we also say good bye to Rabah Yousif chances of making the relay, I would think ...
                  Yeah, on the bends I think they are using an AI Camera which probably follows the first moving object that comes into its scope. Just pray there are no seagulls.

Comment

• carterhatch
                    carterhatch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hahahahaha ... seagull comment did make me laugh!

• Grassmarket
                    Grassmarket commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No joke - we had a Scottish lower division football match last season where the automatic camera was programmed to follow the ball. Problem was, one of the linesman had a completely bald head….

• drobbie
                    drobbie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the linesman is one of my friends brother in law

If you were watching these M400m races without a clock running, they were immensely entertaining! Upsets, false starts, excellent racing. It would just have been wonderful if everything had been 1.5s faster...

Comment

i went for a shower during the mens 400, seems like i made the right choice, awful, our only decent runner pulls up injured (and he hasnt looked good this season) our two aging relay stalwarts are done, added to that i assume lloyd cowans son has given it up after his fathers death? and nobody coming through to replace them

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
                      i went for a shower during the mens 400, seems like i made the right choice, awful, our only decent runner pulls up injured (and he hasnt looked good this season) our two aging relay stalwarts are done, added to that i assume lloyd cowans son has given it up after his fathers death? and nobody coming through to replace them
                      No, Dwayne Cowan was running, but unfortunately….

Comment

Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post

No, Dwayne Cowan was running, but unfortunately….
                        totally missed him, i assume he was as impressive as the other 2

Comment

Weather is improving a bit but still cold.

Comment

Working...
                        X