British Athletics Championships 2021 Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    Laura Muir not in the heats of the 1500 Only Snowden with the QT ...
    Well, looks like Muir *is* attempting the 800m/1500m double in Tokyo then.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that is an incorrect decision - I feel her chances in the 1500m are as good as they have ever been based upon the likely entrants, and she limits them somewhat by trying to double. I can see her getting two 5th places with this approach...

‘Ere we go with the evening sesh- Jesse Knight is indeed lining up in the 400mH. Grey & windy on the Manchester Riviera.

Easy qual for JK, did mess up her strides a couple of times I thought, but so windy.

Iwan Thomas doing the “how do you feel about your disastrous flop?” bit trackside.
    Last edited by Grassmarket; 25-06-21, 17:09.

Comment

• carterhatch
      carterhatch commented
      Editing a comment
      weather not conducive, and, Jessie Knight does what she needs to - I dont know what the issue was that stew coach alluded to.... incidentally, Tasha Danvers is chatting merrily away on youtube, wish she would come and engage here on our forum!

LOL... Tasha Danvers is in the chat of the YouTube live stream by the way!

Comment

Good run for Nicole Kendall, gave Lina Nielson a tough run.

Comment

Yanique Haye-Smith in heat 4 - Turks and Caicos representative - looks like she is doing a Delano Williams.

Comment

Easy Q for Meghan Beesley.

Comment

The Women's 400m hurdles final is going to be a good one - the only athlete who 'underperformed' in the heats was Jess Tappin, who came in ranked 7th, but otherwise the women ranked 1st-6th, 8th and 9th are all in the final and 4 into 2 (automatic, and 1 discretionary) doesn't go!

Comment

Wonder what the optim ists have to say about the crap weather which we all know about. No surprises in manchester. Question is there owt to get excited about when we have winter conditions. Never mind as long as BA can rattle on about diversity and ethnicity and winning the "right way". So who cares

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                ...If I'm reading that right, you are blaming British Athletics for the weather?

• Grassmarket
                Grassmarket commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, should have been Gateshead or Scotstoun instead, really.

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                There's a nice track in the Outer Hebrides they could have gone to.

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Well, looks like Muir *is* attempting the 800m/1500m double in Tokyo then.
              Unless she's been told, "You're already on the 1500m team, as long as you turn up at the Trials and run something" ?

I wonder whatever happened to her doubling at 1500 & 5000 - since London 2017 it doesn't seem to have been considered by her.

PS I know the 5/15 double isn't doable in Tokyo but other than 3000s indoors she seems to favour going down to the 800 outdoors rather than longer distances.
              Last edited by LuckySpikes; 25-06-21, 17:36.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                I kinda hope she doesn't manage it in the 800m, as we have enough quality female 800m runners who all have a shot of doing well - I could see Reekie, Bell, Hodgkinson or even Baker (she's a damn good racer, even if she doesn't yet have the time) doing very well.

It really is cold here, but I thought I saw a hint of blue sky before. No! It must be the cider playing havoc with the eyes :-)

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                Twenty degrees and less wind tomorrow, thankfully.

Daryll Neita is 100% ready to break 11 seconds - that was a seriously impressive run in cold conditions with a headwind (11.39 and a -2.5).

Comment

• carterhatch
                carterhatch commented
                Editing a comment
                yes, very impressive - No Ashleigh Nelson in the 100s, despite being on relay funding? Possibly focusing on the 200 but always a welcome sight.

Aha, the lesser-spotted Sarah McDonald is in Heat 1 of the 1500. Her first race for 19 months - hope she's not too rusty!

Comment

why is cindy sember running in the 100 heats?

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
                  why is cindy sember running in the 100 heats?
                  Possibly as a warm up for the sprint hurdles.... Think how Lorraine Ugen used the 100m to such great effect back in 2018 and how it helped her jump 7m in the long jump.

Comment

• Grassmarket
                    Grassmarket commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Start practice also.

It’s not a true-run 100m Men’s Qualifying Series without Dwain Chambers in it.

10.91 SB for Dwain! Bit short of the OQ time, though. Plenty more chances. Well, three at most, assuming there’s a 100m race at Leverkusen on Sunday.

Mate, if you are Welsh you should not be wearing a backwards baseball cap.

Super off-hand from Reece…..
                  Last edited by Grassmarket; 25-06-21, 18:20.

Comment

Working...
                  X