Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    My guess is that Faulds might get on the development list or futures programme or whatever it's called but that might be it. I don't think Chalmers will get funded. I think he stands a chance of getting funded in a year or two if the 4x400 starts to pick up.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Chalmers has had a decent games so I think he’d be worth it. Not sure about anyone else

• Loop-guru
    commented on 's reply
    I would think Cameron Chalmers and Joe Brier would be most likely especially if they can get low 45's next season. Charlie Dobson, Ed Faulds, Charlie Carvell, Brodie Young, Alex Haydock Wilson should all get a look-in at some point. I am reasonably confident things should improve in the next 2-3 years so we at least start to compete for medals at say the european level. They could also look at taking away the funding altogether as they did for the womens 4x100 and that did'nt turn out to badly in the end.

• carterhatch
    replied
    Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    [FONT=Calibri]

100m – Hmm... even if Prescod magics up a sub 10 he doesn’t seem to get involved in relays, but I could be wrong. CJ Ujah return to form is welcome, and I suspect Zarnel Hughes will be available for relays (see my note on 400), but NMB hasn’t been running, and Gemili’s hamstrings make me nervous... Francis, Kilty, Talbot are on relay funding but I wouldn’t be shocked if none of them get to Tokyo. I don’t think they are going to reach the heights of recent epic moments but some well drilled last minute practice might put them in the mix and you have to be in it to win it .
    well,I started this thread with a summary of where I thought our relays were at (and I take no pleasure in my observation about Gemili) so I will round off with my take on the women's 4x400

i know others have made their views known else where - Stew-coach included but... surely Laviai Neilsen is the freshest of the lot only having run once and would have been a little 'rusty' ... I hope that Jodie can find one more leg, but she must be tired after her exertions, and the case for Knight is a strong one, given how lightly she has raced, but is she really faster than Pipi/Diamond/Yeargin? It's going to take every bit of good fortune for bronze Diamond- Knight- Neilsen- Jodie Williams ... Diamond, to keep us relevant, Knight, to redeem herself, Neilsen, a big leg to keep us in the hunt for bronze, Williams, hopefully tuck in behind anyone challenging for third, and with her last ounce of energy and her 200 prowess, find a way... I'm exhausted just writing this...

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Zero?

They didn't actually disappoint, but only because we didn't expect much.

• Stew-Coach
    replied
    Good results from the short relays

fingers crossed for the ladies tomorrow

Interesting to note the mens long sprints team were all unfunded, wonder if any/how many will be added to the relay programme?

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Fx it works for her. I’d so love her to have a medal

• JamieSLA
    commented on 's reply
    SprintRelayFan

I think so, by the sounds of it she isn't currently injured, more coming back - I'd imagine she would want the races in her legs!

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    That's the key question of course. I'm always in favour of keeping the same team but if she's not up to it...

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the funding argument is the only one that makes sense, and I suppose they thought they were unlikely to need her. I do hope Desiree is given a chance next year.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I would run Dina in both as long as she is up to it.

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Nelson is on funding - looks good to be able to say x% have made it etc. She was a massive part of the team several years ago, but they’ve moved on and I’m not sure she’s moved with them, sadly. Henry can feel aggrieved, for sure

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    I realise this is old news, but it does seem bizarre to have taken Nelson given 11 women have run faster than her this year. even at 200 she's only 9th fastest behind such 200m luminaries as Lina Nielsen!

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Do you think Dina to do both heats and finals?

• JamieSLA
    commented on 's reply
    Men: CJ, Hughes, Kilty, Prescod
    Women: Asha, Imani, DAS, Neita
Working...
X