Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    any views on the sprint relay line ups now we've seen the 100 runners?

In particular I'm wondering what we do about DAS - run the same quartet in both legs? Move Daryll to leg 2 for heat and final and then switch Dina in for the last leg with - I guess Nelson?

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    commented on 's reply
    They ran so well 50.4 for Clark and 50.1 for Diamond. The women were on fire!

• Stew-Coach
    commented on 's reply
    carterhatch guess I better get on that contest, but I am rubbish at them

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    I think if they make the final and a medal looks plausible then better women will be drafted in.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with keeping the strongest women for the w4x4. As for the men....that's probably the best pair we have out there?

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Will that be featuring on your entry for the LuckySpikes prediction competition?

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Stew-Coach View Post
    I see the mixed relay has been submitted for tomorrow, Clark, Diamond, Brier, Chalmers
    Not brimming with too much talent.!

Leave a comment:

• Stew-Coach
    replied
    I see the mixed relay has been submitted for tomorrow, Clark, Diamond, Brier, Chalmers

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I know this doesn't actually answer your query, but there must be some official differentiation somewhere of those athletes who aren't named on the relay squads because they are in individual events but who are likely to feature in them. For example, Mu and McLaughlin and the US 4x400.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    A random relay thought: normally anyone on the team can be drafted in to the relay.

But in Tokyo aren't athletes expected to go home once their last event is over? Can athletes not formally on the relay squad stay on just in case? Or could some teams have a problem in the event of injury or illness decimating their relay team?

Leave a comment:

• Stew-Coach
    commented on 's reply
    Ill try be less....me! lol

But Id suggest the inclusion of Imani into the final, better leg speed, and possibly move Daryl to another leg.

Id also think that Emily will "demand" (read earn)a place in the final, late season consistency and I think will show form in the heat or mixed which ever she gets to run in

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    @ stew-coach .. I am sorry to know that you have been 'censored' ... I want delve further, but always welcome your replies.

• Walsh7
    commented on 's reply
    The women's 4x100 should be an easy Gold medal for Jamaica, with the Silver medal coming down to a photo finish between the USA and GBR. I think we will see a USA quartet of Oliver, Daniels, Prandini, Thomas vs Philip, DAS, Dobbin, Neita for GBR. I think the USA has a slightly faster foursome on paper. But GBR should have better exchanges because the relays members are very familiar with one another. I do expect GBR to win a medal in this event.

• Stew-Coach
    commented on 's reply
    I have been asked to removed my comment... #censored
    Last edited by Stew-Coach; 22-07-21, 14:21.

• carterhatch
    replied
    Working on the Luckyspikes' Olympic prediction competition has made me revisit my relay lineups...

I firmly believe there are three medals to be won, Women's 4 x 100, 4x400 and Men's 100. Without wishing to distract your efforts from said competition, anyone else willing to guess the lineups should Team GB make the finals

Women's
    4x100 I would have had Philip-Dasher-Willams-Neita, (but the Women's 400 final is in the same session as the relay final....ufff ... and fully believe Ms. Williams will make the final, having sub 50 PB'd in semi) so... Philip-Dasher-Dobbin-Neita
    4x400 Ami Pipi - Laviai Nielsen - Nicole Yeargin - Jodie Williams (For a very hard fought Bronze..)

Men's
    4x100 CJ UJah - Hughes- Gemili-Prescod (I have been convinced by others that Gemili will not let us down, but a bronze is the best we will achieve.)
    4x400 - The Under 20 quartet...

Mxed - not a scoobie!
    Last edited by carterhatch; 22-07-21, 16:48.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X