Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprintfan
    replied
    MHS rated the performance as a 6 out of 10 when talking to Katherine Merry. So he thinks he can go faster. Right time right place sub 44?
    Finette Agypong back running this year. out since 2019. She has good history of 400 relay splits at 52+ whilst only running 200's. Recent 23.40 into a 2.4 wind. It'll be interesting see how she progresses.....

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    replied
    Well Done Mathew Hudson-Smith.

There I was cursing him for another false start [thank god, for once, american officials are more relaxed about such things], about to type 'mercurial' again to describe this gifted young man, and look what he does.

Iwan Thomas called it recently saying his national reocrd would be broken by MHS [many fourm users will also know who he then went on the predict another talented runner would go on and 'smash' that]

Can MHS go faster? I think its possible.

At 11.00 Sunday morning the BBC website barley mention the 'record', its tucked away as a footnote on their report with headlines, Elaine Thompson-Herah beats Dina Asher-Smith ...

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    replied
    Emily Diamond has announced she is pregnant so no relay teams for her this summer ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿผ

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Very interesting, heโ€™s pretty new to the event.

• Loop-guru
    replied
    Another potential sub 46 performer emerged yesterday in Rio Mitcham. He won his race yesterday at the Loughborough international taking the scalp of sub 46 performer Kevin Metzger (Huge caveat here as Metzger performed the day before at the Diamond League B race. His 200M speed of 21.12 windy 20.8 and the fact he is only starting his 2nd full season at the event suggests to me a sub 46 somewhere down the line this season. Interestingly he seems to relish the relays Just like Alex Haydock-Wilson as he took down Thomas Barr in the final leg of the 4X400 as Loughorough beat the Ireland National team who had come over to secure their place in the relays at the European Championships.

Leave a comment:

• CAML
    commented on 's reply
    I would have thought the journalist would have contacted Charlie Dobson before posting the article, to see if there was any other relevant facts to report. It's been implied on here that he's been injured at least for a week. That article suggests he hasn't or the journalist isn't much kop.

• carterhatch
    replied
    As others have noted on the Birmingham DL thread - Charlie Dobson is absent... but its not mentioned in this BBC Article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/61488260

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    replied
    46.12 PB for Ethan Brown, narrowly missing making the Big 12 400m final. Due to get down the 45s soon...

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Really hoping it's not Dobson, but I bet it is...

• drobbie
    commented on 's reply
    hopefully , we have 4 runners at that standard by the end of the summer, should allow us to compete for medals in the long relays, ill wait and see though

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Understand and respect, Stew-coach, your reply... it was all looking too good to be true, anyway ...
    Last edited by carterhatch; 12-05-22, 20:57.

• Stew-Coach
    commented on 's reply
    Id feel wrong in naming before wider public awareness, but will become clear via lack of racing and not being at the DL, but unfortunately a very good talent!!

• Loop-guru
    commented on 's reply
    Alex's start to the season compared to last season hints at a peak of the season for him of an improvement of 1.2 secs(which he did last year) from his season opener which is fairly standard for most 400m runners. This implies he should peak at 44.37 so I don't think his comments are misplaced. I do think he is the fourth most likely of the quartet to achieve it though. As a point of comparison Jodie Williams opened with 52.01 last year and ended with a best of 49.97

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    ;( ... I did expect my hopes to be dashed [hence my very slim odds at it happening] - but not minutes after I posted! Who is the one 'freshly injured'?

• Stew-Coach
    commented on 's reply
    Might be tough this season for that, one still recovering from injury and another freshly injured
Working...
X