Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUGE NEWS! Shelby Houlihan doping positive - Banned for 4 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE NEWS! Shelby Houlihan doping positive - Banned for 4 years!

For the past hour LetsRun message board has been rife with speculation about why Shelby Houlihan was holding a Zoom press conference with invited media. Here's the answer ...

https://twitter.com/ChrisChavez/stat...81261751074820

I can't say I'm too shocked, just disappointed. The "pig organ meat" excuse is a bit too convenient, as pigs produce nandrolone organically, thereby making her claim both impossible to prove and disprove. CAS clearly weren't buying it.
    Last edited by Christy93; 15-06-21, 01:46.

Comment

I see she tried the Ajee Wilson contaminated food excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
        I see she tried the Ajee Wilson contaminated food excuse.
        Yes, she says it must have been from a pork burrito she got from a Mexican food truck in Beaverton that also serves pig offal.

Comment

The Americans always seem to think that the rule you are responsible for what's in your body only applies to other nations. Not an excuse the Ethiopians will use😉

Comment

Surely the fact that the cas hearing was secret until now is against the rules: countless cases are debated online and in social media before CAS hearings.

Comment

• jjimbojames
              jjimbojames commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it means she had a good lawyer who got it kept quiet, but even with that lawyer, she wasn’t believed - says a lot! She’s also Nike and they no doubt did what they could to hide the result until appeal

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

Yes, she says it must have been from a pork burrito she got from a Mexican food truck in Beaverton that also serves pig offal.
            Impressive top 10 entry in the “Most ridiculous excuses of all time” category.

Comment

I always find it strange that people use the food excuse, claiming that they are careless and didn’t know what was in it - yet can miraculously remember back several weeks to the exact moment of blame! I can’t remember every single thing that I ate at the weekend!

Comment

Apparently she says she has never heard of Nandrolone which I find incredible for an elite athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyloz View Post
                Apparently she says she has never heard of Nandrolone which I find incredible for an elite athlete.
                Even more incredibly in an Instagram statement her coach Jerry Schumacher, who must be in his 50s (?), also claims that he hasn't heard of it. And yet he's been coaching in the sport a long time and would have been around when a few high profile names got popped for Nandrolone. Maybe he doesn't read the papers or bother with TV/radio though? So dedicated to his job that he hasn't got time for that ... ...

Comment

• Ladyloz
                  Ladyloz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rolls Eyes

I have a deep dislike of Nike and find the BTC smug and sanctimonious. That said, having read the case put by SH’s lawyer and heard the press conference I’m convinced she’s innocent. Maybe AIU will produce evidence to disprove what BTC are saying but it seems unlikely.

There is however, deep irony in BTC and their chief cheer leader Kara Goucher complaining about a system that convicts innocent people when they’ve done as a much as anyone to create pressure on WADA and AIU to catch more cheats. And they talk about people’s reputations being tarnished when they openly referred to OTC as “the bad guys” and themselves as the “good guys”.

Comment

From Shaun Pickerings Twitter this morning :

As the EPO using blood doped distance runner steps on the track, in carbon sprung, pevo foam shoes, taken their beetroot juice and carbo gel, ready to follow the wavelight pacing to World Record time, they look around and say to themselves : "What a great Natural athlete I am!"
                  Show more replies
                  Mark Gulliver
                  @MarkGulliver1
                  ·
                  11h
                  Replying to
                  @MarkGulliver1
                  and
                  @ShaunDPickering
                  And to Add .....where are all the complaints and whispers and comments from the Chinese era ....remember them ? TURTLE SOUP YESTERDAY , CHEATER BURRITOS nowadays

Mark Gulliver
                  @MarkGulliver1
                  ·
                  8h
                  @ShaunDPickering
                  @AthleticsWeekly
                  at this point in tweeting I had no idea about the USA athlete being Banned and blaming it on a contaminated Burrito !!! psychic or what !!

Comment

tried to copy my reply's made a fe hours before the news broke...... I only Rhymed Cheater and Burrito ........little did I know it was a drugs test defence

Comment

The one plausible aspect of Houlihan's excuse is that the Americans do pump all sorts of things into their livestock that are banned in Europe.

Comment

She's actually not claiming contaminated pork. If I understand the case right, she is saying that she ordered a pork burrito but believes she was given a pork offal burrito (which was also on the menu) and pork offal is naturally full of Nandrolone. The small amount of Nandrolone in her system was consistent with having eaten it 10 hours earlier - and she has a receipt for a purchase at that time.

Comment

Working...
                        X