Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    The 39 year old Gatlin must have underdosed on the Sanatogen!

• Ladyloz
    replied
    Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
    Brianna McNeal... What a circus
    One does feel for Cunningham. She may well end up going but the moment has been taken from her.

Leave a comment:

• Stew-Coach
    replied
    Kerley!!!! Wow, thats all I can say on that!

So pleased that Felix made the team as an individual, pure class and dedication

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    US hammer throwing appears to be in some sort of golden age with their women being very strong too. Apparently, Winkler is throwing against Fajdek and Nowicki in Poland in a few days. I suspect Winkler might be a little hampered by jet lag.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    It happens every year. Most can't sustain it to the trials, and of those that can, most then can't sustain it to that year's global champs. But there are always exceptions.

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Race of the year from Alyson Felix in the 400m - way back in 6th or 7th coming off the bend, recovered to 2nd. Also Gatlin pulled up, so at least one less feel-bad story.

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    replied
    Brianna McNeal... What a circus

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    A stroll for Emma Coburn, 9:21.3 in the second of 2 heats. A 2s PB for Leah Falland (nee O'Connor) in 2nd, 9:23.3

Mahala Norris, the NCAA champ, among the 4 collegians making it to the 14 woman final.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    In Steeple heat 1, a nice 8s PB and Olympic standard with 9:25 for Grayson Murphy, the 2019 World Mountain Running Champion. No surprises in the 5 auto qualifers.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Rudy Winkler is showing that Pawel Fajdek will have some real competion in the hammer. In the hammer final right now, his first 4 throws were all over 80 meters, including a further improvement on his US and Area record in the 2nd round with an 82.71m effort. And even his one throw under 80m would have been good enough to win the US title (79.61m).

Behind Winkler and joining him on the team plane to Tokyo will be Daniel Haugh, who threw a PB of 79.39m in the final round, and Alex Young who also set a lifetime best of 78.32m to claim the third and final spot.

Leave a comment:

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    You're lucky, as a lot of US stadia are often surprisingly rubbish on the legroom size and every seat often has a fixed drink holder which squeezes everything even tighter! I was shocked when I started attending events - I was expecting everything to be giant size and super comfy!

If we're talking ample room and comfy seats, the Emirates is still the best I've found. That place is like a palace!

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    Whilst I completely agree with the unedifying spectacle of it all, I tend to agree with LadyLoz that USATF's hands are somewhat tied by the timing of the CAS appeal. Easier and less painful for them to say that they are simply following the rules and that their "hands are tied" rather than get involved in the litigation of banning her in advance themselves.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Ladyloz View Post
    Richardson won comfortably but her weaker start may be the key issue when she comes up against SAFP and DAS in Tokyo. Still not sure who will get the 2 spots behind Bromell in the Men's 100m.

Norman and Cherry look the best in the men's 400m. I think Felix will get top 3 in the women's but probably not win as Hayes & Jonathas looked good in the other semi. Felix's experience may be a factor too as she looked like she was perhaps conserving more energy knowing there was no rest day ahead of the final. Ellis who pipped her in her semi and the other semi all seemed to run hard.

I think with McNeal, USATF are probably worried about a law suit if she ends up getting cleared by CAS. Her situation is quite different from Houlihan's case which had already been to CAS. Her and Keni Harrison did look the best in the heats so McNeal could well finish top 3 which will be awkward, especially for the 4th place runner.
    Except in McNeal's case this is her *second* offense and from all reportage of it, she was bang to rights. This appeal was nothing more than a shameless stunt from her in myy opinion. Its likely that her appeal case will be thrown in the garbage where it belongs soon enough. But not before the potential spectacle of her gaining an undeserved spot on the US team.

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    replied
    Richardson won comfortably but her weaker start may be the key issue when she comes up against SAFP and DAS in Tokyo. Still not sure who will get the 2 spots behind Bromell in the Men's 100m.

Norman and Cherry look the best in the men's 400m. I think Felix will get top 3 in the women's but probably not win as Hayes & Jonathas looked good in the other semi. Felix's experience may be a factor too as she looked like she was perhaps conserving more energy knowing there was no rest day ahead of the final. Ellis who pipped her in her semi and the other semi all seemed to run hard.

I think with McNeal, USATF are probably worried about a law suit if she ends up getting cleared by CAS. Her situation is quite different from Houlihan's case which had already been to CAS. Her and Keni Harrison did look the best in the heats so McNeal could well finish top 3 which will be awkward, especially for the 4th place runner.

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Half of the men's 400 finalists are college athletes so it's not across the board. And I think Randolph Ross has a chance of top 3 behind Norman and Cherry.
Working...
X