No announcement yet.

UK Outdoor Results - June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really is a matter of time before Neita runs sub 11. That's a Olympic Qualification for Elliot Giles if he fancies doubling LOL and also for Piers Copeland

Comment

• Occasional Hope
      Occasional Hope commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes - as if the middle distance trials weren't hot enough already...

• Originally posted by philipo View Post
    Neita wins 100m in 11.08 with a -1.6 wind. That's worth with a little nice wind sub 11 i believe
    Probably a 11.00 in still air, definitely in the 10.9s with any sort of following wind. Neita is in some great form.

Comment

• Grice finishes in 7th at the final event of the day in Marseilles, with a 1:45.63 SB in the 800m.

Comment

• Zak Seddon ran a soloish 8:28 for a seasons best at Birmingham this evening. Looking good for the trials.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
          MysteryBrick commented
          Editing a comment
          He and Phil Norman just need to 1-2 it and they're both on the plane. The only person who I think could spoil the party is Mark Pearce

• Belated shout out to Alex Haydock-Wilson for a big progression and another under 46 at 45.9. Thats 5 under 46 now. Hoping to see 7-8 under 46 by season end and 1-2 under 45.

Comment

• I will be somewhat disconbobulated if any Brit Male goes sub 45 this year.😄

Comment

• Brits Bizimana & McLear went 1-2 in their NCAA 800 semi final to book their spots in the final quite comfortably. Number 1 rank Jewett was third in his semi but advanced as a fastest loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
              Brits Bizimana & McLear went 1-2 in their NCAA 800 semi final to book their spots in the final quite comfortably. Number 1 rank Jewett was third in his semi but advanced as a fastest loser.
              More good news, Brit Patrick Dever wins the 10k in 27.41, CR. I did not see that coming at all. Hicks 27.47.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                Editing a comment
                Both faster than Mo's run at Birmingham...

• Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
              Brits Bizimana & McLear went 1-2 in their NCAA 800 semi final to book their spots in the final quite comfortably. Number 1 rank Jewett was third in his semi but advanced as a fastest loser.
              Good stuff and a bit of a surprise.!

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't actually think either is a surprise - both are just fantastic racers (look at the Big12 800m/1500m for Bizimana and the NCAA Indoors for McLear). Unless someone takes it out *fast* on Friday, I think either has a good chance of winning.

• Just watched the replay of the men's 110m hurdles from the NCAA Finals last night and I really hope Joshua Zeller is ok... In the 2nd of the semi-final heats (which also had Temi Ojora in it too) he fell heavily at about the 6th hurdle and came crashing down. He's been running so well this year and was on course to qualify for the final before this unfortunate accident. Ojora made it through as a non-auto qualifier.

Comment

• Courtesy of Ian Hodge, Chris McAllister has found a bit of form 49.61. And Emily Diamond has tweeted that she ran a SB in Lisbon of 51.82

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                  MysteryBrick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  51.99 for Zoey Clark at the weekend too. Now 7 women under 52 this year, along with 3 400 hurdles under 55.3. Relay spots going to be hard fought!

• 54.79 for Jessica Turner in Rome for 3rd (behind an excellent NR for Bol) - that's 54.77, 54.89 and 54.79 in her last 3 races for Turner, excellent consistency. If she can get down to 54.2 that is Olympic finalist material.

Comment

• Slightly better for MHS 45.93 & didn’t fade over the last 30.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                    Editing a comment
                    Still well below his best though.

• MysteryBrick
                    MysteryBrick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, really weird race. Didn't seem to go out hard at all, and then worked the 3rd 100m. Hopefully this gives him a bit more confidence.

• Grassmarket
                    Grassmarket commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Baby steps, baby steps.

• Huge PB for Josh Lay according to Ian Hodge (what a great source) on Twitter - 1.45.99 in the 800, tenth Brit under 1.46 this season. Always struck me as a natural 1500 runner - outside chance of making the OLY team if he can get into a fast race soonish - Down to run a 1500 at Watford BMC this weekend.

I have to say, it'll be an almightly failure if we send the likes of Wightman, Kerr, Rowden, Giles, Reekie and Muir and come away empty handed from middle distance events in Tokyo. So much talent.

Comment

• DAS in scinitillating form.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                      MysteryBrick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Third best time ever for Dina, behind 2018 Euros and 2019 Worlds finals. I think she can run 21.6-21.7 in Tokyo.

• trickstat
                      trickstat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      She's always been such a good championship performer that it is very exciting when she runs a quick time in a non-champs race.
                  Working...
                  X