No announcement yet.

UK Outdoor Results - June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very impressive run there from Jake Wightman. Running *away* from some quality Kenyans in that race and left them for dead once he went past them on the 200m mark.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      Wightman a man amongst boys

DAS looks great, 10.93.

Comment

PB for Neita, 11.04. Not too many years ago that would have been a British record

Comment

• carterhatch
        carterhatch commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations Ms. Neita - I wasn't expecting that sort of time and I hope this fils her with confidence, chapeau!

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
      DAS looks great, 10.93.
      10.92 its been rounded down to.... And Daryl Neita! 11.04! Well done to her! Finally getting close to breaking 11 seconds!

Comment

2nd on GB all time list for Neita, sub 11 later in the year?

Comment

Alastair Chalmers will be disappointed by that run, 50.41 easily his slowest run this season in a race of such class.

Comment

That men’s 800 showed that Rowden is the better tactician of he and Giles. A pity that Burgin pulled out, his front running style would have made that a much more interesting race.

Another good run by Reekie, I can’t recall her getting into a bad position in any of her 800 races this year.

Barely anyone reacting to Hassan’s WR on Twitter, the impact of these spikes has been counter productive, so many WRs that nobody bats an eyelid when they happen

Comment

Do we know why Burgin wasn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                Do we know why Burgin wasn't there?
                Slight niggle according to the commentators. Same with Hodgkinson's late withdrawal too apparently.

Comment

Sadly doubtful we’ll be seeing Harry Hughes near a javelin runway again any time soon. He ruptured and snapped his main elbow ligament in the Gateshead DL and its now completely detached requiring either anchoring or reconstruction. He gets no funding so is seeking crowd funding for the surgery (again).....if he can’t get that retirement is his only real option.

Brutal event. Good luck to him.

Comment

6.90 pb (1.9) for jas sawyers in the long jump

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
                      6.90 pb (1.9) for jas sawyers in the long jump
                      At Chula Vista for what's that worth with what wind and what other jumps in her series. We will all see very soon in Manchester.

Comment

• carterhatch
                        carterhatch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, I for one would give Ms. Sawyers a hearty well done, the wind is given in the original post, and so what if its Chula Vista, I say, it is a reward for total dedication to this event. I repeat, Ms. Sawyers, is not blessed with the stature of many other jumpers, quite the contrary, and could have easily given up athletics for a far more lucrative career as a face on various reality TV shows (whch beckons post athletics no doubt) You could give me all the following wind in the world, but I am still not jumping further than my shaoow... Great news to wake up to.
                        Last edited by carterhatch; 07-06-21, 18:33.

• Occasional Hope
                        Occasional Hope commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, an excellent result and the only British LJer with an Olympic qualifier so far.

• MysteryBrick
                        MysteryBrick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The only one this year, but Proctor, Ugen and Irozuru all have it from 2019

3.36 PB for George Mills in Czechia this evening. Race won by Kenyan Boaz Kiprugut, a new name for me I must admit, in 3.35.

Comment

Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
                        3.36 PB for George Mills in Czechia this evening. Race won by Kenyan Boaz Kiprugut, a new name for me I must admit, in 3.35.
                        well done George Mills.

Comment

Ian Hodge, as ever, provides a timely update 'Encouraging runs over 200m for@ashleighlnelson(23.19) and@DesireeLHenry(23.30--her fastest in four years). GB W 4x100m places are going to be keenly contested as ever'.

I do like a good chat about relays - but maybe not here on this thread and not quite yet - but it is welcome to to see these two ladies running which is more than can be said for some of our male sprinters..

Comment

Working...
                          X